Victorian Romantic Russian Already Sold Out?

Noelle

Le Fanu said:
It's not for us to stipulate how many they should be selling. They can do what they want.

Indeed they can do what they want ... but this being a forum I'm entitled to say what I feel, so I stand by my comments given the level of interest in this deck and the small number they have available to sell.

Chiska

*sigh*

I was going through my fabric pieces today to see if there was anything that would make a nice bag for a Russian Victorian Romantic...

I have a friend here from Poland who can read Russian who can help with translation as needed.

Everything is lined up ... money saved and earmarked ...

All I need now is the opportunity!

I have some of my husband's treasures from Russia -- I wonder if I should burn a candle in front of them or something? LOL My husband used sail to Kamchatka for his work. We have a few bottles of vodka from there that I would NEVER consider drinking. And some carvings plus other things. Yes, I think I shall set a candle infront of the one wooden carving...just in case, you know! :D

gregory

Damn I want that emperor..... :(

Carla

I officially give up on getting this deck. Time for me to move on! :)

Nina*

gregory said:
I actually like him a LOT better than the old one.

Aerin

gregory said:

Only 5% of the decks have been released yet. That leaves a whole lot more chances, and yes I know it's easy to say...

I had almost given up before it started but just happened to log on my email at the exact right moment.

ETA and now I begin to think I should have got 3 and passed one to someone here, sorry

yirabeth

There's one less clamoring at the gates -- my car broke down Tuesday afternoon and the bill yesterday afternoon convinced me I couldn't do this now... bummer that... With any luck, they will release a 2nd edition in 2012.

Anyway, someone can have my slot if they want *grin*

~Yira

moderndayruth

I got one, from an online shop in Moscow.

I wish i could help others who want it, but its too complicated and time consuming (its nothing like ordering online elsewhere, you pay cash to the courier in person - i was at home waiting for mine for couple of days, also currencies and re-sending the decks would be too much of a hassle now that i have lectures every day :()

As its my first VR, what's the cardstock like? I don't think i'll read with it, its so thin - i am too afraid it'll tear apart...
The BoHo i got is in English and cardstock is ... i think sturdy is the right word, while Russian VR... don't know, never had cards like that.
(Hope i don't provoke another escapade from self-righteosly angry publishers& fans, just asking.)

Miss Divine

moderndayruth said:
I got one, from an online shop in Moscow.

I wish i could help others who want it, but its too complicated and time consuming (its nothing like ordering online elsewhere, you pay cash to the courier in person - i was at home waiting for mine for couple of days, also currencies and re-sending the decks would be too much of a hassle now that i have lectures every day :()

As its my first VR, what's the cardstock like? I don't think i'll read with it, its so thin - i am too afraid it'll tear apart...
The BoHo i got is in English and cardstock is ... i think sturdy is the right word, while Russian VR... don't know, never had cards like that.
(Hope i don't provoke another escapade from self-righteosly angry publishers& fans, just asking.)

I don't have the Russian VR but I do have the gold and standard. I can't compare between mine and the Russian version. But the BoHo feels much sturdier than my VR decks. They say the cardstock is the same, but it feels more fragile than the BoHo in my opinion.

OctoberGwen

moderndayruth said:

The first edition VR also has thinner stock, but it is reinforced with something...I don't remember what... and with use they simply get, well, softer. That's the best I can describe it. They're quite lovely to use, actually, and very strong.

Can't speak to the Russian, however. And they were actually published by somebody else, so no worries about angry replies, I shouldn't think. ;)