Minchiate

Le Fanu

Pipistrelle said:
How many versions of the Wheel of the Year Tarot are there?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...arot&rh=i:aps,k:wheel+of+the+year+tarot&ajr=8

Amazon have two listed. They have different publishers, different publication dates, different ISBNs. Yet there is only one version in print.
You'll have more insider info than me Pipistrelle so I'll take your word for it but it's also the fact that one mentions the magic words "kit", "companion guide" etc

But Fire Cat, don't you already have this one? The Fuzzy one? You can be playing with this one while you wait for your partner to get you your pressie...

firecatpickles

Le Fanu said:
But Fire Cat, don't you already have this one? The Fuzzy one? You can be playing with this one while you wait for your partner to get you your pressie...

Is this the rerelease of the fuzzy favorite that was OOP for so long?

Pipistrelle

Le Fanu said:
You'll have more insider info than me Pipistrelle so I'll take your word for it but it's also the fact that one mentions the magic words "kit", "companion guide" etc
Well, I am totally happy to be proved wrong. As I said before, my "insider info" is not as reliable as I would like it to be. I'm just going by the catalogue and my experience that Amazon.co.uk generally have two listings per Lo Scarabeo deck.

Le Fanu

Fire Cat said:
Is this the rerelease of the fuzzy favorite that was OOP for so long?
As far as I know. I recognise the sample cards. It looks like the 1725 Minchiate Etruria. The one that previously had the King of Coins on the box.

Aerin

Le Fanu said:
But why do amazon have two different products listed here?

The top two listings have different decks, different product descriptions (one is 97 cards, the other is 97 cards plus a companion book), different ISBNs and different dates of release. According to this listing it is very clear to me that there will be two products available.

My guess, as above is that it is ONE package. Can't see any reason why the US would get a book in a cheaper package and Europe wouldn't get one at all. You can't rely on the product descriptions - lots of decks and deck/ books get described variously as "hardback" or "paperback" seemingly at random.

Same with the Wheel of Change and actually every single LS deck recently - Europe comes first, costs more; US comes several months later, costs less.

firecatpickles

I know that American amazon gives a discount for preorders. After the product is released the price will go up.

Le Fanu

Debra said:
A beauty.
*bangs head against bank account*
There's also this one, but really, for authenticity, you're best waiting for the Minchiate. I find these Londa Marks decks quite easy to resist.