De-Enabling Thread

gregory

Thanks Gregory. Hopefully nisaba will give you a Brownie point for that de-enablement!

*Z*

Contrary to popular belief, it would only take me 5 1/2 years to handle a deck a day- but I do better than that even now !

And yes I have both versions, and yes I WAS disappointed :()

trzes

rohrig

Any more de-enabling on the rohrig tarot needed? Well: It is so utterly 90's with its chichi/affected/la-di-dah/outré (can't find a proper english word for it on my online dictionary) show off hedonism, the bling-bling technoid pseudo coolness, this boasting with extra large cards. It is still kind of funny. But I bet, if we look at it again in ten years time it will only be embarrassing. It isn't a bit ageless. Also no good collector's item, because it won't last. And if you don't mind german titles and know how to type a german umlaut into amazon.de (it is called Röhrig in german), then you still get it new for 20 Euros (the hanged man wearing pants though).

I also would like to disable gregory on the Hexen2.0. I mean, she DID ask! But I simply can't. All these ugly cards overflowing with text, that seems to be all conspiracy theories without connection to tarot. Weird symbolism and no artwork. Who wants that? But the little voice in my head says: BUY THIS! Yes, THEY have got me too. And now THEY start torturing us by delaying the delivery of the deck. *shiver*

Cat*

Hexen 2.0

I just checked the Hexen 2.0. Now this is a deck that wants to be really smart and really exclusionary and really speshul. All that pseudo-information that is suggested by the text... Does the thing come with a three-volume companion book to explain all the hints and allusions? Dear kids, and not everything is actually cool and relevant just because it seems mysterious and refers to The Internet.

The Empress card doesn't have even one of the German secret services - and what's a good conspiracy theory without any evil Germans in it??? Especially since the deck has got a German title ("Hexen" means "witches" or "witching" in German).

The faces look like someone stepped on them accidentally. "I can't really draw faces, so I'll just scribble a bunch of lines that make it hard to see which one of them is actually meant to be a facial feature and which is just part of the shadowing. Then I'll write the person's name underneath, so everyone will see what I told them to see."

And the last two cards of the Majors just seem lazy. Maybe the LSD trip suddenly ended after drawing the Sun card, faded out a wee bit during Judgement and drew to an abrupt stop at the World.

I dunno...it's like trying to read with advertising posters for Victorian medical lectures, or for bands in the 60's you have never heard of, or will never care about.
Yeah, like those, but a lot worse because it's not even quaintly amusing or suitable for ironic-nostalgic reclaiming.

Greg Stanton

The blurb on Amazon says the drawings are "alchemical". So anything that is incomprehensible and uses lots of symbols is alchemical now? And anything with goggles is "steampunk".

A tarot based on a video game. How "multi-media".

Karmagoth

Osho Zen - please stop me!

I discovered it yesterday.
I want it.
Now.
I can't afford it. But I couldn't afford the Fairy Tale or the Art Nouveau which are due to arrive in the post today.
I have another tab open right now with the Buy Button waving at me.

Help!

PathWalker

I've looked at your deck list - all that lovely dark stuff - what could you possibly want with 'save the world and yourself goodness' ????

You don't peace and inner calm - you want to rip them to bits artistically - don't do it, you're diluting all your angst :)

Karmagoth

Maybe I need a bit of inner enlightenment, all this violence and vampiric bodice-ripping has to stop somewhere......

gregory

Osho Zen

But it will soothe all your lovely dark decks and make them resorb all that lovely blood, and sheathe their nasty toothies, and put on pink feather boas and say OM.

You want all those decks to say OM ? You want your Thoth to talk of fluffy bunnies ? You want your vampires to say "hey we never meant it, karma, love, peace." ?

I didn't think so. Now back away carefully.

Karmagoth

But... but... but....

It could be THE deck for me. I could be missing the chance to finally understand Life, The Universe and Everything...

And it's soooooooooooooooo pretty........

gregory

WELL - the other possibility is that your vampires will leap upon it and BITE it to death. :(

Is that a nice thing to allow to happen to one so pretty ?

As for the ultimate meaning - everyone knows it is 42.

Everyone but the Osho Zen, that is. It's still OMing about it all.