Ghost Tarot (LoS 2014)

daphne

Have any of you got this one? I am curious of your impressions.

I just received it from bookdepository and I am pleasantly surprised.
Firstly, I am surprised because, being (I think) a mix of photo - computer generated art, which I really cannot stand normally, here it works miracle. I like it, images are beautiful, really good executed, a good balance of darkness and light, easy to distinguish at a glance. And somehow, computer art here works, it brings a sort of uneasiness and unnatural feeling perfectly matched with the theme.

Secondly, it is very atmospheric, with transparent ghostly figures on a still background. I reminds me a lot of Tyldwick tarot, just this time you can see the ghosts of the past life confined in those surroundings. And even if lots of cards are very predictable (and very RWS), it still delivers a sort of unsettling note.

There are also some original cards, with another take then RWS, the thing that LoS uses to do anyway with their decks. Most surprising was the 10 of cups, quite a cynical depiction of a happy card.

Black minimalist borders, no multiple language titles, nice back design (finally).

celticnoodle

I am not familiar with this deck and searched for it here on A.T. They do not have any pictures to view of this deck. Perhaps you can help out here by supplying some. It sounds interesting. I'd love to have a peek at the images. Have you read much with this deck? If so, how does it read for you. It sounds like it is a lot like the Rider Waite from your description, so probably an easy deck to read with. Are the cards themselves large or are they smaller? Now, I'm off to book depository to see if I can find them there! :) thank you, daphne for starting this thread.

daphne

They are the standard LoS size.

I had a quick reading with them and they are quite easy to interpret.

I would show some of the cards I liked more, but don't know how to upload pictures here.

danieljuk

I can't find a AT page for them yet (it's funny how much I use the AT deck page for each deck now for pictures, reference and reviews :) )

you can see some images here CN - http://www.loscarabeo.com/lang-en/tarocchi-culturali/629-ghost-tarot.html

and there is a thread talking about it pre release (with links to FB deck images) here -
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=196365

I seriously am thinking of adding it to my wishlist, love the designs and no text on cards! :thumbsup: :) Daphne completely agree with you about the computer generated art, this is not my usual style at all but it works well! The ghosts almost look holographic yet beautiful! The images feel warm to me in some way (if that makes sense). looks great :)

ravynangel

I wasn't too sure about this one during development, but I am really finding it appealing now and will add it to the wish list.

MysticMoonlight

I'm not typically a fan of LoS decks but this one seems to really touch on something with me. I'm not quite sure what it is yet as I do not own the deck but whatever the allure is has me intrigued to say the least. Onto my wish list it goes...:)

greatdane

Daphne, thank you for posting this!

I was thinking of the other Ghost tarot and went and checked this out. I am surprised. I like this, not sure yet if I would use it, I must study the scans a bit more, but I like the kind of ethereal, yet almost 3d quality, to it!

greatdane

Thanks Ana Luisa! I notice Amazon has it...but

it says it's available now, but next to the title, says September? I'm confused. I'm not sure I want to get it yet, but wondering if it is available.
Eight of Swords seems off, not because of the image, I get the woman with hands tied, but it sticks out because it doesn't have that ethereal 3d look and yet she's...an angel? So if not a ghost you can see them like a person?