2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Padma

The Baroque Cats reads like a dream! :D it is so colourful, with so many details in it, and the salient detail will just jump out at you - makes reading a breeze! :)

Victorian is like this too, but in a different way. Word of warning, once I got these decks, I had to have MORE MRP!!!!!! lol...addictive :)

a*weaver

A fellow member helped make my dream come true and I now have the mini.
And oh my, what an absolute treasure it is! I tend to prefer regular sized editions, but there is something quite special about the VR in it's mini size. Again MRP has sent me over the moon...

Dan S

The Baba website says that the 2012 edition is almost sold out. (I believe there are under 200 decks left at this point). Well, that was fast! I would think that anybody who still wants one should order theirs soon...

Miss Divine

My copy must have been sent out before they emailed me. So I unexpectedly received it today.
I hate to say it, but I'm disappointed. First of all my Fool has this smudge on it, as if someone packed it with grubby fingers. It's not something that wipes off either. Compared to my standard and gold edition, the colors on these are washed out and look unsaturated. :(
Does everyone have washed out looking colors compared to the earlier editions? I was so excited, and now I'm just bummed out...

Terrapin

I agree the colors seems softer. Not as much contrast or texture in them as the 1st version. The card stock in the 2012 is different from the 1st also. I have the Russian 1st edition and the card stock is unlike any other deck I own. The card stock in the 2012 is OK, but nothing remarkable.

I was a little disappointed at first, but now I see them as just different. The 2012 has a soft glow about it that the 1st does not. It's all good for me.

Miss Divine

I agree the colors seems softer. Not as much contrast or texture in them as the 1st version. The card stock in the 2012 is different from the 1st also. I have the Russian 1st edition and the card stock is unlike any other deck I own. The card stock in the 2012 is OK, but nothing remarkable.

I was a little disappointed at first, but now I see them as just different. The 2012 has a soft glow about it that the 1st does not. It's all good for me.

Well, I think I just have to get used to it. What bummed me is that horrible smudge on my Fool. But I already emailed Baba and already received a response which I think is remarkable! If I get a new fool I will be happy. But this is the first thing I saw when I opened the box. I think most people would have had the same reaction. :D

Terrapin

Yes, sorry to hear about your Fool. The folks at Baba are very eager to help. Very nice and customer friendly. You'll get satisfaction. I had problems even getting my 2012 delivered and they fixed it. Very professional.

Miss Divine

I never expected it to arrive so soon after ordering it. Yes I live in Europe, but when I order from Book depository it usually takes about 3-4 weeks for items to arrive.

I really like this cardstock compared to the other ones. It has this waxy feel to it that I quite like.

greatdane

I take it back!

I have said on other threads that the Victorian Romantic wasn't for me. I have and love the Bohemian Gothic and the scans of Victorian Romantic just didn't do it for me....I thought. I was gifted a mini Vic Rom and LOVE it. I SEE now what the fuss is about. I think there are some decks that you have to have in your hands to see how you FEEL about this, this is one of those decks for me. Like the Bohemian Gothic some images don't resonate right away with the standard RWS meaning (or sometimes any meaning at first), but then they do. Love this little gilded mini deck!

victoria.star

I have never met an MRP deck that I didn't love love love... :heart: