2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Disa

I have said on other threads that the Victorian Romantic wasn't for me. I have and love the Bohemian Gothic and the scans of Victorian Romantic just didn't do it for me....I thought. I was gifted a mini Vic Rom and LOVE it. I SEE now what the fuss is about. I think there are some decks that you have to have in your hands to see how you FEEL about this, this is one of those decks for me. Like the Bohemian Gothic some images don't resonate right away with the standard RWS meaning (or sometimes any meaning at first), but then they do. Love this little gilded mini deck!

This makes me laugh sooo much :) I heard about the Victorian Romantic for so long when the first editions were out and I could not imagine myself using such a "fluffy, lovey dovey deck" Boy, was I WRONG WRONG WRONG!!! After I finally got the first edition, I was very very mad that there were no more to get as a back up...I've bought a few copies of every one since. LOVE IT. The VR is one of my 5 main go to decks. I'm glad you've finally come around, GD - so funny that we had the same sort of initial distaste for it (sight unseen) and once we had it in our hot little hands it was pure love :) Enjoy it !

Briar Rose

They gilded the lily.

greatdane

Ah Thanks Disa!

Glad you shared that story! it wasn't so much a distaste as a kind of....not for me. I saw the Fool and the Devil, and it seemed more a kind of deranged deck to me after seeing those images, I thought was scarier than the Bohemian Gothic in a kind of 1800's mental institution way. Then I got it and thought oh this is LOVELY! FYI, I know Baba still has some for sale, but also there is a vendor on Amazon with high ratings selling it for about the same (when you factor in Baba's shipping) and they're brand new and have been checked for flaws. I emd the vendor and he emd back saying that Karen went through, checked them all because some decks had been defective and so they are wrapped in ribbon instead of cellophane, so not only new, but should be perfect, as I'm guessing those left on Baba Store are. Just wanted to share in case some one wanted the second edition. I am entranced by the gilded mini one, it is so easy to shuffle.

LadyDeborah

I have been so involved with getting new decks lately, that I had gotten away from spending time with favorites. I got Victorian Romantic back out and it was so nice. This deck is a favorite and is extremely accurate for me. There is absolutely nothing I dislike about this deck. I also love the mini cards, Baba Bag, and spread sheet I got with it all. Then, there is the book. Karen did such a beautiful job on it, too. I can spend hours with these cards.

Quester

I have had this deck ever since it came out, but had put it aside for newer ones. I got it out again last week and am in love with it all over again!!! :heart:

HuskyChariot

OK, so I use a lot of different decks, you might even say I'm a deck-whore :). I choose depending on mood, intuition, whatever you want to call it. I've been doing a lot readings for myself lately and last night pulled out my VR mini.

I feel compelled to share how struck I was with the QUALITY of the deck. It really is a cut above the rest in terms of card stock, design and presentation. Such a joy to shuffle... and those gilded edges!

I felt an old world, opulent charm seep out of them into me and I smiled.

kellyshay

eeekk! I've just ordered the Victorian Romantic deck!!
Cant wait!

PattyMc

Oh how this deck calls to me! I have to wait a while before I can get it but just thinking about it makes me happy :) I just hope that when I am able to purchase it that it will live up to the joy using it that I have convinced myself it will bring! I always choose my decks carefully but this one for some reason seems to have chosen me...must have it.

Patty

Altena

Victorian Romantic is(like Bohemian Gothic) one of those decks that I can tuck away and not use for the longest time, but it'll never be far from my side and I would never part with it. These two are some of the few decks in my collection that I'll always return to, no matter what :)

Thoughtful

l had been looking at the Victorian Romantic for some time, but having seen the card images on line wasn't to enamoured. So why when l get gifted some money do l look again at the VR? Before l know it l am ordering one of the few last remaining copies :confused:
Having got the darker sister the Bohemian Gothic a while back it seems it was calling for it's lighter hearted sibling.
Anyhow it came this morning and l have spent a good two hours with it. The images are far better in real life and so achingly beautiful. What was a delightful surprise was seeing that there are two Lovers cards, which each give a slightly different take on the accepted meaning. Which is so helpful when doing love readings.
Every image in this deck fits the RWS meanings perfectly, but it does so with much more clarity and richness. The VR is so readable that a newcomer would find it easy to grasp. The added bonus for me was the gilded edges, this deck being the 2nd edition standard, l thought it would be bereft of the gold. This is such a beautiful deck in every way, love the card stock, not as thick as the BG, nice and matte.
l know l am very late in coming to the VR and there have been lots of discussions about it already. But if anyone is still on the fence about ordering this tarot, make your mind up soon as there are few left.
l have given the friend who gifted me the money a reading already and also drew some cards for myself. Spot on accurate, my intuition flowed without any hiccups, some decks have cards that at first make no sense and your mind comes into play, when that happens intuition stops, at least for me.
l adore this tarot and can see me using this a lot. Just wanted to share my happiness with you all :p

To add: the LWB that comes with it is the best l have read, Karen has done a great job there.