The Bohemian Gothic Tarot

a_shikhs

OMG!!! Another baba deck. :bugeyed: Wowwww!!! This deck is gorgeous. :love: What a perfect deck to read with this halloween. :D The cards are hauntingly beautiful. I can't wait to see more cards now. :)

Little Baron

I hope there will be some beautiful dark brothers in there too. I am still waiting on that perfect Knight of Cups - even though I loved the VR one.

Ok, back to the Prague and Menagerie. I am sure there will be many pages of 'loving and drooling' to follow, so someone give me a shout when the deck is baked and ready to eat.

LB

baba-prague

There will definitely be pale, beautiful young men - and less beautiful men with strange eyes too :)
(It's actually rather hard to find beautiful Victorian men - they tended to look so mustachioed and buttoned-up in their pictures)

Here is The Tower. I hope it's easy enough to see (may eventually need some tweaking, it IS rather dark). The full moon? We wanted an implication of transformation - not quite werewolves but man - in fact a crowned king - frozen into the body of an eagle...the moment of catastrophy.

Attachments

• BG_tower2350.jpg
    BG_tower2350.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 352

baba-prague

Nine of Swords

I think this one is genuinely frightening. I'll be interested to hear your reactions.

Attachments

• BG_nineswords350.jpg
    BG_nineswords350.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 581

6 Haunted Days

WOW I am really loving the 9 of swords, spectacular! Very eerie. Perfect.

Eco74

*claps hands jumps around and squeeeels of joy* :D

Silver edition you say? Must have...
Love the victorian horror-stories and the cards shown sofar definitely have that feel to them that creeps up into the shadows and just ... lurks ... :)

baba-prague

Yes, we think the ink overlays need to be silver on this one - gold wouldn't quite fit. And we are getting in a really nice card stock too.

So far our thinking is that the limited edition will come with a bag - but it will have to be one standard bag (but we can make others available separately). I think a bag might be nice - though it will put the price up. But perhaps worth it to people, especially if we can do a really stunning "silver" Gothic bag?

temperlyne

The lady in the 9 of swords doesn't look like she wants to be a part of that dans macabre, but she has no choice but to dance it.
Has anyone of you ever been to the amusement park "The Efteling" In the Netherlands? In the haunted castle a solitary violin playes the dans macabre while elegant ghostly creatures reluctantly dans to its tunes. This card reminded me of it.

la-luna

very haunting one perhaps even the best 9 of swords i have seen !
bit also disturbing it looks very much like a dream i recently had with that difference that i was in the place this troubled denzel is here.
and it continued in a sepulchre cellarr with lots of wine and a very hairy fiddler with whom my departed godmother wanted me to marry (strange dream i have)

if that 's not i sign i must havethis deck !!

Little Baron

Not sure about the '9 of Swords' Karen. I don't find it frightening. For me, the '9 of Swords' is that deep fear you get when you sit bolt-upright at night. I have had this many times with visions and feeling of presence in my room. Laying there with my heart beating 100mph. But in the card, it looks almost pantomime - kind of like the woman is dancing with them happily - a little bit Ghostbusters or Casper. I don't get any anxiety from it. The Tower is much more of a scary image, I would say. Is that the kind of response you were expecting, or different? It's just an honest one.

LB