Your experiences when you had a professional tarot/psychic reading

celticnoodle

TB, the psychic reader I go to in Vermont reads with playing cards--but removes the 2s through 6 cards. She will continue to lay them all out, read a bit, then gather them up, shuffle them and lay them out again and again--generally 3 to 5 times. She is amazing!
I have also been to people for a tarot card reading who read this way--all 78 tarot cards.

LadyV

Such fascinating stories! I've been enjoying them all.

I've only had one professional reading. I had it two summers ago when I was having issues with a male coworker who I had an interest in. She told me just to think of my question. The first few cards she drew immediately pointed to this guy. She told me all sorts of things about him, and later when I started doing my own readings about him, the same sorts of cards kept popping up. Everything she mentioned about him was true. What really got me is when she started mentioning things, like friends and family members that I wasn't even asking about, and how most of it was spot on, like when she told me one of my friends was a nasty drama queen and the other was one big sob story. In fact, it was this reading that inspired to start reading for myself. I wouldn't mind having another reading in the near future.

PeonyInLove

Another good one I saw was in Canbera years ago.

No birth dates, but needed a watch or jewelry...photos.

She went right back to the womb with me!

And she told me I would live abroad again (didn't agree or believe her) and she gave me two names to remember Kevin and Michael...not known to me yet.

Strange as at school I recalled boys with names like that and even on my travels.

I think about 3 years after that was when I moved to Japan and in my new work place I met a Kevin and a Mike (full name Michael), but it wasn't until I replayed her tape that it all clicked into place.

I didn't have photos, but she was the real deal too and at that time cost around $150.00.

Well worth it...especially as she was right about the womb information as I called my mother to tell her what she revealed. My mum was quiet at first but confirmed what I was told was true.

I like readers like that - don't really need anything. :)

Back to the womb? Now I'm curious as to what she told you!

PeonyInLove

Just reading again through the rest of everyone's stories and they're all so fascinating. Really makes me want to book a reading very soon haha But apart from its hard to find someone, I only received my last reading in November '14 so I'm unsure if you shouldn't get readings so frequently???

In on of my readings the lady told me to very very weary of my sister in law. Told me she is a whacko lol... She was saying she gets a very dark feeling about her and that she is kind of frightened by her, she also mentioned a lot of other things about her that wouldn't apply to anyone else. So she warned me to stay away from her. I was sitting there thinking 'omg' as my sister in law can only be described as a nutcase lol I've always kept my distance from her but needless to say after that reading I really kept my distance lol

Chrystella

I've had three excellent readings in my life so far.

The first was from a little old Cuban woman who was a Santera and a Spiritist. She used the Spanish baraja and she spoke plenty and was dead accurate. She went so far as predicting my sister's unplanned pregnancy, which was quite the surprise since she and her hubby had already closed that factory after baby number two.

The second reading was from a woman also in Orisha tradition. She didn't use any tools. She set out a glass of water, tuned in, and talked to me for over an hour. She is very talented and accurate.

As much as I love tarot, I've only ever received one good tarot reading from a pro and that was Mary K. Greer.

PeonyInLove

I've had three excellent readings in my life so far.

The first was from a little old Cuban woman who was a Santera and a Spiritist. She used the Spanish baraja and she spoke plenty and was dead accurate. She went so far as predicting my sister's unplanned pregnancy, which was quite the surprise since she and her hubby had already closed that factory after baby number two.

The second reading was from a woman also in Orisha tradition. She didn't use any tools. She set out a glass of water, tuned in, and talked to me for over an hour. She is very talented and accurate.

As much as I love tarot, I've only ever received one good tarot reading from a pro and that was Mary K. Greer.

Mary K Greer you lucky duck! I only wish x

danieljuk

I've had various professional readings but not in person for ages, I used to get a lot online but I find doing them here and using AT fulfills my needs and some people on AT have given me amazing readings!

I once bought a reading online from a bit of a "celebrity" astrology / tarot reader in the UK. It was an automated reading entirely, it was pretty expensive as well. A dreadful reading and so disappointed :( it was the same as going to astrology.com but 4 times the price! It was so robotic and general in tone and came as an email immediately after I bought it, big warning sign :) It was not sold as being computer generated though :(

I once had a reading from a lady at a tarot fair who was a bit crazy and she suggested a self help book that would solve all my problems. A friend had a reading after me and she suggested a different self help book. I think nothing in her readings came true for either of us. However the books were helpful ultimately (I was suggested you can heal your life and she got feel the fear and do it anyway).

I once had a reading from a gypsy lady (She identified as that and even had a cute caravan) at a fair. She told me at the end of the reading to not tell anyone for 6 months or it won't come true! obviously there is no way you can keep it secret and told a friend within an hour of the reading lol! I don't remember anything from the reading.

I had a reading online from a man who was a bit out there, I thought he went over the boundaries of being a reader and made strange assumptions from the small history I had told him about myself. However I think they came from a positive place and maybe ignorance about LGBT folk rather than offence. However he made definite predictions and it's too early in his time frame to say if what he says came true or not. However he made definite long term predictions that I will have a South American (probably Brazilian) husband and they saw a lot of colours in my life and global travel. None of those are part of my life yet but recently someone told me they thought I should be a colour therapist in a reading. This threw me, like backing up the first guy. I have no interest really in that area yet or no knowledge yet, maybe I should study colours more :D I would see myself more in divination professionally but let's see how this turns out! If he is really accurate I can forgive the weirdness and go back :D

How do we measure how great / bad a professional reading is? I think lot's of people measure about how many majorly important future events they predict that come true or seems to fit or how many amazing facts they know about us that we didn't reveal before. But I have had amazing readings which sort out a situation, tell me how to handle something or the choices on offer. They are not the glamorous "big predictions" but still pretty important. Also if I learned one thing from readings, it's not how famous the reader is or how much they charge but how you get on with them and also how much experience they have in the area. Readers are all different, so you will get a mix of bad and good one's! If you find a good on, hang on to them :thumbsup:

PeonyInLove

I've had various professional readings but not in person for ages, I used to get a lot online but I find doing them here and using AT fulfills my needs and some people on AT have given me amazing readings!

I once bought a reading online from a bit of a "celebrity" astrology / tarot reader in the UK. It was an automated reading entirely, it was pretty expensive as well. A dreadful reading and so disappointed :( it was the same as going to astrology.com but 4 times the price! It was so robotic and general in tone and came as an email immediately after I bought it, big warning sign :) It was not sold as being computer generated though :(

I once had a reading from a lady at a tarot fair who was a bit crazy and she suggested a self help book that would solve all my problems. A friend had a reading after me and she suggested a different self help book. I think nothing in her readings came true for either of us. However the books were helpful ultimately (I was suggested you can heal your life and she got feel the fear and do it anyway).

I once had a reading from a gypsy lady (She identified as that and even had a cute caravan) at a fair. She told me at the end of the reading to not tell anyone for 6 months or it won't come true! obviously there is no way you can keep it secret and told a friend within an hour of the reading lol! I don't remember anything from the reading.

I had a reading online from a man who was a bit out there, I thought he went over the boundaries of being a reader and made strange assumptions from the small history I had told him about myself. However I think they came from a positive place and maybe ignorance about LGBT folk rather than offence. However he made definite predictions and it's too early in his time frame to say if what he says came true or not. However he made definite long term predictions that I will have a South American (probably Brazilian) husband and they saw a lot of colours in my life and global travel. None of those are part of my life yet but recently someone told me they thought I should be a colour therapist in a reading. This threw me, like backing up the first guy. I have no interest really in that area yet or no knowledge yet, maybe I should study colours more :D I would see myself more in divination professionally but let's see how this turns out! If he is really accurate I can forgive the weirdness and go back :D

How do we measure how great / bad a professional reading is? I think lot's of people measure about how many majorly important future events they predict that come true or seems to fit or how many amazing facts they know about us that we didn't reveal before. But I have had amazing readings which sort out a situation, tell me how to handle something or the choices on offer. They are not the glamorous "big predictions" but still pretty important. Also if I learned one thing from readings, it's not how famous the reader is or how much they charge but how you get on with them and also how much experience they have in the area. Readers are all different, so you will get a mix of bad and good one's! If you find a good on, hang on to them :thumbsup:

This really hit home for me as I whole heartedly believe that it's not exactly what they predict but how they help you with your situation/s. One lady gave me a 3-5 year plan. She really helped me see a way out of a situation that I felt hopeless about. She said to me that I have this 5 year window of opportunity to do the things she suggested and if I don't follow through then in 5 years time I will be back to her in exactly the same place I'am on now and feeling the exact same way I do. I think if you leave a reading feeling more at peace than you did when you walked in there then they accomplished something worthwhile.

Chrystella

Mary K Greer you lucky duck! I only wish x

And I should have said four great readings, not three, because I've had two readings from Mary, at PantheaCon in 2011 and 2012, and she was terrific. I was in the middle of a huge life change - moving from the US to Australia - and she was very reassuring and comforting.

closerwalking

Here's the conundrum I have about this whole thread. The idea that life can be predicted, ie that life is set out in stone. I do not believe that we have only one choice, that our life is set out ahead of time. Rather I believe we have free will, which means that our life is determined by what doors we open and close. the problem with going to to psychic, even a "good" one, perhaps esp. a "good" one, is that there is huge possibility of them planting seeds in your consciousness, where subconsciously you begin to search for the seed they planted. So is the person psychic or are they just adept at planting seeds, being authority in your psyche. Perhaps they are adept at using other senses to pick up details about current life. which impresses a person, giving more credence to everything else they say, which may or may not come true, depending on how obedient you are to the suggestion? I will admit that I have had a couple of experience in life that felt like it was predestined, but I still had free will. I could still chose whether or not to open those doors. Had I gone to a psychic who had told me about them, it would have ruined it for me. I learned more from both of these experiences because it came from following my inner truth, not someone's else's voice in my head. The little 4 year old that was so "psychic" was she psychic or carrying past life memories of this type of situation and planted this seed, this image so strongly in her family's psyche that she drew it to her and them.