confusion with my year card

Rhiannon

Hey guys, I'm a little confused and I just wanted to get some other opinions on how I'm supposed to figure this one out.

Birthday is June 6: so if we add up 6+6+2002...

do we get 6+6 = 12 then 2+2 = 4 so that 12 + 4 = 16?

Or do we get 6+6 = 12 + 22 = 34 so that 3+4 = 7?

Did that even make any sense???? So am I entering my Tower year or my Chariot year?

Rhiannon :)

Kaz

june 6, 2002: 6+6+2002=2014 => 2+0+1+4=7
seven is your yearcard for this year, for you this will be the Chariot year :)

kaz

AutumnMoonfire

I have a question regarding year cards and birthdays. I am a December person should I start my year then, currently my year card is Fortune, should I count it as changing to strength 12-03-2002 or not till 29 days later at New years? Alternatively, should I be calling my year card (IX)Contemplation since I haven't yet had my birthday for the year? Contemplation is probably the Hermit, if I remember right...

zorya

autumnmoonfire,
in angeles arrien's "the tarot handbook", she says that your growth year goes from birthday to birthday, so you add the year of your current birthday. you would not use 2002 until your next birthday.

AutumnMoonfire

That matches what I was beginning to think, What does this author say about year cards, Are they lessons or predictions or something else?

Thank you again all for your help with this stuff

zorya

these are good years in which to work on whatever issues the cards represent. she often uses the words "required to work on".
situations will force you to pay attention and work on these issues. so, (this is my interpretation now) in a way you could say that these are a kind of prediction, because you won't be able to avoid these issues, and will be pushed to resolve them.

Kaz

yea, zorya, that's how i calculate as well, there are also people that change the card when the calendar year changes.
my birthday is nov 17th, so i am still in the 2001 yearcard (13-death), and will enter the 2002 yearcard (5-hierophant) coming nov 17th.

edited to say that this year is a very death year and i don't see an end to that yet.

kaz

AutumnMoonfire

A little too much change??

I am going to have to spend a little time with Contemplation as I was rolling along thinking that fortune was my year card...Heh.

Kaz

9 is the hermit indeed.
what deck you use autumn?

kaz

Rhiannon

Thanks for clearing that up for me, kaz. I was too used to numerology and reducing the numbers like crazy. Time to study the Chariot.

Rhiannon :)