thoth tarot companion

archer1

Thoth tarot companion by Snuffin..... any opinions.....

brightcrazystar

I bought it. No opinion yet. It was like 9 bucks when I got it. I'd buy about anyone a few beers to find out their ideas on the Thoth deck. :))

Stormdancer

Why do you ask? Is this a book you're thinking about buying? Do you have others for this deck?

archer1

I have several books on this deck, most of which do not do the deck justice...

Grigori

I found it useful. He has his own ideas which are included, and he works with reversals which irritates me for the Thoth, but it has some really useful stuff in it, and a number of eye openers for me. The real strength of Snuffin's book IMO is focusing on individual symbols on each card and identifying what they meant to Crowley or his peers, and how they relate to each other for that card and Thelemically. I think it fills a gap in the Thoth Tarot book market that was gaping before. It doesn't replace Crowley, DuQuette, Banzaf or any others I've read (it does something quite different) but is a good complement to all of these.

brightcrazystar

The Key to Understanding the Thoth Deck is the Thoth Deck.

I have a thread I am putting up about a year long meditation cycle that unlocks quite a bit. It will require digital images, or a few decks, but it is useful every time I do it. If you don't have the desire to study this deck a little every day for a year, you might as well just keep the LWB with it for a reference.

I am about to begin again this cycle again come Spring Equinox (March 20), and was posting the thread here to let people who might want to do so prepare.

Grigori

brightcrazystar said:
The Key to Understanding the Thoth Deck is the Thoth Deck.

I have a thread I am putting up about a year long meditation cycle that unlocks quite a bit. It will require digital images, or a few decks, but it is useful every time I do it. If you don't have the desire to study this deck a little every day for a year, you might as well just keep the LWB with it for a reference.

I am about to begin again this cycle again come Spring Equinox (March 20), and was posting the thread here to let people who might want to do so prepare.

I'll be interested to see that BCS, I did something similar last year for the Thelemic Holy Season, a daily meditation working through the major arcana for the 22 days.

For folks interested in getting a taste of Snuffin before buying the book, there are a number of articles from him online http://hermetic.com/osiris/