Melissa Lenormand

divinemsm

Finally got around to pre-ordering mine as well. I am just so excited for you Melissa to be doing this!!
I would help with your LWB, but I don't know much about Lenormand decks. In fact, this will be my first one so I am totally excited. Hey but if you happen to decide to do a Tarot deck.... (hint)...

MareSaturni

tarotmama said:
Actually, if anyone has any ideas on how to present a short, concise Lenormand tutorial for my LWB, please pm me! I'm on version 183749405038237295068938.87 of this booklet and it's driving me NUTS :)

Tarotmama, i could help you with the LWB, if you want. I have started reading with Lenormand again recently, but it's a really popular deck here and i've known it for years. My grandma reads with it, in her own weird way o_O

If you need any help, just let me know! :)

tarotmama

Well I am tempted to just include the little white book style card meanings and encourage users to read intuitively, but I'm afraid that will alienate those who read Lenormand cards with a combination system and guided readings... So I'm a bit lost as to what to include (information on using a signifier, for example...?). And the problem is that it all has to fit on a tiny 2.5 x 3.5 book that has to be trim enough to fit in the card box.

So do you guys think it would be offensive to Lenormand readers if I just suggested in the LWB to look on the internet for more systematic styles of reading?

cardlady22

Personally, I would just have a Recommended Reading section that listed books and websites. The info and availability changes- even among authors. And the vast majority of the books are French anyway.

Have you posted in the Lenormand subforum here on AT asking for suggestions? I'll look through some of my printouts and Favorites.

tarotmama

cardlady22 said:
Personally, I would just have a Recommended Reading section that listed books and websites. The info and availability changes- even among authors. And the vast majority of the books are French anyway.

Okay! That's a brilliant suggestion! No reason I should feel compelled to re-write what's been written already before! I don't know why I didn't think of that! I think I've just been staring at it too long! :)

Thanks <3

Aerin

I would say how you want YOUR deck to be used. It is yours. Not someone elses. If people are offended then tough - they can read how they want.

I always think that the most valuable information in a LWB is the author's perspective.

BodhiSeed

Aerin said:
I would say how you want YOUR deck to be used. It is yours. Not someone elses. If people are offended then tough - they can read how they want.

I always think that the most valuable information in a LWB is the author's perspective.
As a purchaser of this lovely deck, I agree 100% with Aerin! I would much rather have your spin on things than read someone else's, especially since the deck is your own unique creation. Cardlady gave a great option for the traditionalists - just recommend some books.:D

Satori

Trumpets sound! My first pre-order!!!! I just ordered the Melissa Lenormand and used by shiny new paypal account to do so!

yipppee!

Very pretty deck btw mamma! Love it!

tarotmama

Satori said:
Trumpets sound! My first pre-order!!!! I just ordered the Melissa Lenormand and used by shiny new paypal account to do so!

yipppee!

Very pretty deck btw mamma! Love it!

And I'm so grateful you did! I'm now officially breaking even on the printing costs! LOL

Eowyn

tarotmama said:
And I'm so grateful you did! I'm now officially breaking even on the printing costs! LOL
That deserves a party :party: