First Attempt at the ‘No Layout’ Spread Study

andybc

I decided that having listened to various opinions it would be best to try the ‘spread’ and see how it works. I can see it has merit, but the concept of the ‘charged’ card still appears a little strange for me. I’m not entirely sure how it can affect the reading other than act as a marker, like a pre-determined significator.

My friend has loaned me the book back and I'm 3/4 the way through and I can remember why I was disappointed first time round. It's 75 % combination lists... I think that's a little sad.

For the reading I chose to look at work. As this is Sylvie’s spread I’ve decided to charge the ’14 – Fox’ rather than the Moon, although I am not self-employed which is Fox/work for me. I haven't actually read the Fox card, and she doesn't seem to indicate either way in her methodology if you should.

Question:

Will my contract be renewed after October?

Here are the cards (Carta Mundi):

Code:
11 – Rod + 35 – Anchor + 23 – Mice (14 – Fox) 13 – Child + 22 – Road + 15 – Bear

23 – Mice (14 – Fox) 13 – Child:

This actually describes where I work(ed/pre-secondment speciality) quite well – the speciality is down to the letter. Although technically not there right now, it is my official role.

11 – Rod + 35 – Anchor + 23 – Mice:

Due to financial reasons I’ve had my contract reviewed twice, been told I was leaving, only to be asked to remain as the service has had reduction to it’s budget. I know there has been a meeting this week. There’s a lot of anxiety due to non-stability.

13 – Child + 22 – Road + 15 – Bear:

I get the feeling no from this, there is a new beginning/pathway opening up that should lead to a stronger footing.

-

Did I do it right? I'm quite impressed and think I'll try a few others, but I found the break down a little rigid. I'm presuming you wouldn't do reflection?

andybc

Next Go - No Layout + Timing

I decided to have another attempt at this reading style. My last reading did impress me, and pointed to the decision to being made to close the post. Following on from what the last reading said, I decided to ask:

When will I hear the decision about my contract, which is due to end in October (21st).

Cards dealt:

Code:
Bear	Mice	Rod	(Fox)	Birds	House	Cross

Rod + (Fox) + Birds:

Discussions between ‘two(?)’ departments.

Bear + Mice + Rod:

Important discussions re budget losses/deficits

Birds + House + Cross:

The Birds + House could be my position working alongside someone (correct) and the House indicates it’s a small department (correct). The Cross eludes me … unless it just represent finality with the impending service merger, and retirement of my colleague as our jobs are linked (Birds again).

Timing:

I’ve looked at the Steinbach study group, and I’m not sure I’m doing this right, but in their methods the only cards above giving a clear time frame are the Bear + House, which state April, and then the Rod + Birds that indicate late October/November. I’d have to say October in this method.

Using my own I feel the two birds + rod/whip indicate a two. I would be inclined to say anything from 11-12 days’ time. That would be 22/23rd September. A month’s notice. The House (which has often indicated a month for me) + Cross makes me think it has to be within this month.

My prediction: on or around 22/23 September.

alyna

Question:

Code:
11 – Rod + 35 – Anchor + 23 – Mice (14 – Fox) 13 – Child + 22 – Road + 15 – Bear

rod+anchor+mice
the work,and its stability(anchor) is under discussion (whip) and its actually worrying you (mice)
the future tells me that there will be a new contract, possibly two contracts, and it will be stable (bear)

i think the contract will be renewed and there will be twice much strength to its effect:)

andybc

rod+anchor+mice
the work,and its stability(anchor) is under discussion (whip) and its actually worrying you (mice)
the future tells me that there will be a new contract, possibly two contracts, and it will be stable (bear)

i think the contract will be renewed and there will be twice much strength to its effect:)

Thanks Alyna. I did consider that but the Child + Road makes me think new/fresh. I'm not sure I divide this layout right.

Amanda

If you consider that the Anchor mirrors the Road, and the Child comes before the road... I would say that your work contact will be renewed (Anchor + Road), but likely before the time frame you ask because the Child (something new/re-newed) is coming before the end of the road, which I take to be "after October" or your contract end date. So, it's saying that your contract will be renewed (or at least approved maybe?) before it's even up.

I hope that makes sense... it does in my head at least. :p

andybc

If you consider that the Anchor mirrors the Road, and the Child comes before the road... I would say that your work contact will be renewed (Anchor + Road), but likely before the time frame you ask because the Child (something new/re-newed) is coming before the end of the road, which I take to be "after October" or your contract end date. So, it's saying that your contract will be renewed (or at least approved maybe?) before it's even up.

I hope that makes sense... it does in my head at least. :p

Thanks Amanda. It makes perfect sense.

I’m not sure I’m doing this right: I checked out Sylvie’s thread and I tried to stick to her breakdown methods, which didn’t include reflection.

Is reflection used in this spread? I tried not to do it but the Mice/Child did stick out to me. The Mice seems to eat the potential. Anchor + Road to me indicates a move from the established, v Road + Anchor = positive change for stability.

The Child seems to indicate a fresh start, the Road a change or decision and the Bear confuses me to be honest. Overall it looks positive. On the Carta Mundi the connects the Child and Bear when laid out, it looks like the Child is skipping on the Road with the Bear the other side.

I’m going to try and do more of this layout – maybe I’m too attached to the situation. I might be looking volunteers lol.

Amanda

I'll be honest in saying I'm not real familiar with Sylvie's (or anyone's) methods... but I was kind of considering before/after the Fox and reading the Mice as pretty much insignificant worries/stresses (as it may turn out, later). Does that make sense? The Bear then, could also be a "renewed" or new sense of power/confidence for you maybe? In your role?

andybc

I'll be honest in saying I'm not real familiar with Sylvie's (or anyone's) methods... but I was kind of considering before/after the Fox and reading the Mice as pretty much insignificant worries/stresses (as it may turn out, later). Does that make sense? The Bear then, could also be a "renewed" or new sense of power/confidence for you maybe? In your role?

Thank you Amanda. That makes a lot of sense :)

andybc

Question:

Code:

23 – Mice (14 – Fox) 13 – Child:

This actually describes where I work(ed/pre-secondment speciality) quite well – the speciality is down to the letter. Although technically not there right now, it is my official role.

11 – Rod + 35 – Anchor + 23 – Mice:

Due to financial reasons I’ve had my contract reviewed twice, been told I was leaving, only to be asked to remain as the service has had reduction to it’s budget. I know there has been a meeting this week. There’s a lot of anxiety due to non-stability.

13 – Child + 22 – Road + 15 – Bear:

I get the feeling no from this, there is a new beginning/pathway opening up that should lead to a stronger footing.
The reading was 'right' in that my contract is NOT being renewed. I was told yesterday evening.

HOWEVER, the positive side of the last cards which made it look like it might be (Child + Road + Bear) is that they are looking for re-deployment with no guarantee.

I think this method really relies on the right question. I probably should have phrased it differently for something clearer.

I decided to have another attempt at this reading style. My last reading did impress me, and pointed to the decision to being made to close the post. Following on from what the last reading said, I decided to ask:

When will I hear the decision about my contract, which is due to end in October (21st).

Cards dealt:

Code:
Bear	Mice	Rod	(Fox)	Birds	House	Cross

Rod + (Fox) + Birds:

Discussions between ‘two(?)’ departments.

Bear + Mice + Rod:

Important discussions re budget losses/deficits

Birds + House + Cross:

The Birds + House could be my position working alongside someone (correct) and the House indicates it’s a small department (correct). The Cross eludes me … unless it just represent finality with the impending service merger, and retirement of my colleague as our jobs are linked (Birds again).

Timing:

I’ve looked at the Steinbach study group, and I’m not sure I’m doing this right, but in their methods the only cards above giving a clear time frame are the Bear + House, which state April, and then the Rod + Birds that indicate late October/November. I’d have to say October in this method.

Using my own I feel the two birds + rod/whip indicate a two. I would be inclined to say anything from 11-12 days’ time. That would be 22/23rd September. A month’s notice. The House (which has often indicated a month for me) + Cross makes me think it has to be within this month.

My prediction: on or around 22/23 September.

I heard yesterday - Friday 23rd September, 2011. The decision was made the day before! My own method worked.

alyna

that's so cool :)

so i did not get it, the contract got renewed or not?

and congratulations for making an excellent timing prediction. I m terrible at that ...TOO:D