Question for Aeon

Aeon418

More "solve" from The Book of Thoth, p.180
THE FOUR FIVES

In the "Naples arrangement", the introduction of the number Five shows the idea of motion coming to aid of that of matter. This is quite a revolutionary conception; the result is a complete upset of the statically stabilized system. Now appear storm and stress.
This must not be regarded as something "evil". The natural feeling about it is really a little more than reluctance of people to get up from lunch and go back to the job.
The 5 of Wands is the purest expression of this force. (Note the sigil of To Mega Therion.) But when the force meets obstruction (Saturn) the natural result is Strife.

When the elemental self obstructs the True Will the forces symbolised by the 5's are the result, until the obstruction is dissolved.

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
Grigori has already given you the answer. The fact that you couldn't see Baphomet in the Art card suggests to me that you looking for something that looks like the Devil. Well, that's one form of Baphomet. But there are lots more.

Well I knew it had something to do with the combination of elements as shown on the card. I just wasnt sure. I think I was looking for something that was more complicated than what was just explained to me.

The Fire and Water aspect makes perfect sense because it is simple and which is why I looked right past it.

Professor X

Aeon418 said:
More "solve" from The Book of Thoth, p.180

When the elemental self obstructs the True Will the forces symbolised by the 5's are the result, until the obstruction is dissolved.

Now that makes perfect sense. It goes right with the stuff I saw in the 5's a few days ago.

Thank you guys for the tremendous amount of information you guys have shown me on this. Plenty of food for thought and personal development. I will have to absorb this all.

Edit:

I read through the one link you sent me on the Baphomet Aeon. I found this paragraph particularly interesting. It shows just how deep the symbology for everything goes. When you think deeper on a lot of those symbols you can clearly the androgynous aspects of them. It seems as if the Baphomet is just symbol that links us to something that has been recognized throughout all of history. This shows how the Baphomet is MUCH bigger than what religion tries to define it as. This gives real clues to the real power and energy represented by it all.

The following are all symbols attributable to Baphomet from different perspectives: the Sun and Moon conjoined; the Point within the Circle; the Greek letter Theta; the Orphic Egg; the Heart girt with a Serpent; the Kundalinî Serpent entwined about the Svayambhu-Linga; the Ardhanârîshvara image; the Greek letter Upsilon; the Roman letter Y; the Right Pentagram; the Averse Pentagram; the Hexagram (as union of Fire & Water); the Two Stars (5 and 6 pointed); the Unicursal Hexagram (as Sun and Moon united by the 4 Elements); the Sekhemti Crown (the Crown of North and South United); the Cone; the Rose and Cross; the Ankh; the Emblem of Venus; the Emblem of Mars; the Emblem of Mercury; the Caduceus; the Chief Adept's Wand; the Celtic Cross; the Solar Cross; the Orb and Cross; the Crucifix; the Wheel; the Skull and Crossbones; the Skull with a Green Sprig or Leaf in its mouth; the Tree growing from a corpse; the Grip; the Praying Hands; the Child; Jesus in the Mandorla; the Alpha and the Omega; the Dove descending upon the Chalice; the Dolphin sporting in the Sea; the Gryllus; the Square and Compasses; the Level and Plumb; the Lance and Cup; the Sword and Disk.

Grigori

Aeon418 said:
...Baphomet in the Art card suggests to me that you looking for something that looks like the Devil. Well, that's one form of Baphomet. But there are lots more.

A random thought in my head tonight, I've seen depictions of Aiwass as Baphomet. I wonder what the relationship between this and Crowley taking the name Baphomet is, and further if the Hermit is Hadit and the Star Nuit, could Art be Aiwass depicted in the Thoth deck?

Aeon418

Grigori said:
I wonder what the relationship between this and Crowley taking the name Baphomet is,
According to one system of telesmatic imagery the name Aiwass (Hebrew - OIVZ) looks like Baphomet.

Crowley chose that motto around 1912 after Theodor Reuss drafted him into the OTO. But he didn't know the Hebrew spelling until 1918 when Samuel Aiwaz Jacobs wrote to him about the the spelling of the name Therion.

Synchronicity?
Grigori said:
further if the Hermit is Hadit and the Star Nuit, could Art be Aiwass depicted in the Thoth deck?
Possibly. But then again, just like Nuit and Hadit, he could just as easily be attributed to other cards.

For example in Liber 418 Aiwass tells Crowley that he is Daleth - The Empress.

ravenest

Aeon418 said:
Crowley chose that motto around 1912 after Theodor Reuss drafted him into the OTO.

I wonder if the Baphomet title was taken also in relation to the 'naughty critter' the Templars were accused of worshipping?

Aeon418

ravenest said:
I wonder if the Baphomet title was taken also in relation to the 'naughty critter' the Templars were accused of worshipping?
The "title" certainly was. But the actual meaning behind it owes more to Eliphas Levi than the original Knights Templar.

Always Wondering

The following are all symbols attributable to Baphomet from different perspectives: the Sun and Moon conjoined; the Point within the Circle;

Does this mean my beautiful, sexy Adoni has breasts? That's kind of a dirty trick. I have a sudden case of god confusion.

AW

Kenshin Gordon

Aeon418 said:
The "title" certainly was. But the actual meaning behind it owes more to Eliphas Levi than the original Knights Templar.

Really. E. Levi was the first to properly draw this Atu and approach it's actual meaning.