Question for Aeon

Aeon418

Professor X said:
Last night I was using 777 to show all the Qabbalistic connections to the Devil card at path 26 on the tree of life. I did notice the Ayin connection from the hebrew alphabet.
You might have noticed that 26 is also the numeration of IHVH - the four elements. In the same way that the Devils Eye/Ayin is opened, the letters of IHVH are parted (IH - VH) to reveal the letter Shin/Spirit within the four elements. This forms the Pentagrammaton - IHShVH - Yeheshuah.
It was midnight, and the Devil came down and sat in the midst; but my Fairy Prince whispered: "Hush! It is a great secret, but his name is Yeheswah, and he is the Saviour of the World." And that was very funny, because the girl next to me thought it was Jesus Christ, till another Fairy Prince (my Prince's brother) whispered as he kissed her: "Hush, tell nobody ever, that is Satan, and he is the Saviour of the World."

Aeon418

To add to the above. Get your Thoth Devil and Hanged Man cards out. Now place the Devil above the Hanged Man. You will notice that the Adepts wand and the Ankh line up, and there is an intentional symmetry between the Devil's horns and the Hanged Man's arms. In a way they are reflections of each other. But where the Devil's Eye is open, the Hanged Man's mouth is resolutely closed. (see 777, p.146. Note to line 23.)

Mouth is the letter Peh, which is Atu XVI The Tower. And right at the top (zenith) of the card there is the open Eye of Hoor. (See 777 column XXI, lines 26 & 10) The figures being thrown out of the Tower are meant to suggest the letter Ayin.
Liber 418 - 16th Aethyr:

"Woe unto me that am cast down from my place by the might of the new Aeon. For the ten palaces are broken, and the ten kings are carried away into bondage, and they are set to fight as the gladiators in the circus of him that hath laid his hands upon eleven. For the ancient tower is shattered by the Lord of the Flame and the Lightning. And they that walk upon their hands shall build the holy place. Blessed are they who have turned the Eye of Hoor unto the zenith, for they shall be filled with the vigour of the goat."
If the Hanged Man could open his Mouth/Peh he would no longer be crucifed upon the cross of the four elements, for he would be able to "turn the Eye of Hoor unto the zenith" and become Lord of the Gates of Matter, the Devil. })

Aeon418

There's another important link to the Tower/Peh/Mouth card and the revealing of the Eye.

In ancient Egypt the deceased underwent a funerary rite called, The Opening of the Mouth. The mouth of the corpse (Osiris) was forced open with a tool called an "adze".
In Egyptian hieroglyphics the hieroglyph of the adze is used to represent the consonants "stp", which means chosen.

With that in mind we now turn our attention to the Bible, and in particular the Abrahamic covenant, the rite of circumcision, and the elevation of the Hebrews to the status of the chosen people.

The Tower card depicts a rite of circumcision. But not in the literal sense as practiced by the Hebrews. This is a circumcision of the the lower self. The Tower is the personality and mind that hides the Spirit within.
"Break down the fortress of thine Individual Self, that they Truth may spring free from the ruins."
II:19 Is a God to live in a dog? No! but the highest are of us. They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

II:25 Ye are against the people, O my chosen!

II:65 I am the Master: thou art the Holy Chosen One.

Professor X

Thank so much for this information. All I can say is wow. I see this stuff goes a LOT deeper than what I realized. I should have expected as such.

I see that to truly understand the deeper meanings of the Tarot one must do a lot of studying and learning.

I see that the more I learn about the Qabala and all the subject related the more and more I understand how the tarot cards really work.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
Thank so much for this information. All I can say is wow. I see this stuff goes a LOT deeper than what I realized. I should have expected as such.
Sorry if it was information overload. But maybe you can now begin to see why, compared to other more Christian based decks, the Thoth Devil is much more positive. And why his gain is at the expense of the Hanged Man.

Aeon418

An ammusing thought just popped into my head regarding ShTN - Satan.

Shin - Horus
Teth - Hadit
Nun - Nuit

Gematria value = 359
III:19 That stélé they shall call the Abomination of Desolation; count well its name, & it shall be to you as 718.
359 x 2 = 718 (or 359 + 359 = 718)

The double/image of Satan is the Stele 666. How cool is that?! :laugh:

Professor X

I like all the information. The more I read the more I am understanding about the true nature of the Tarot. I especially love the esoteric aspects of it all.

The more I learn about Crowley the more I see how much a genius that he was. Yes he was flawed but he still was genius.

I also see that subjects like the Tarot are mastered over time. The more you learn and the more you practice the more your expertise at these subjects develops. As you go along the more and more you will see in the cards which makes you a even better reader.

To me its all about the wisdom you learn as you practice,study and perfect your skills.

Aeon418

Professor X said:
The more I learn about Crowley the more I see how much a genius that he was. Yes he was flawed but he still was genius.
Flawed? Flawed compared to who? Flawed according to which standard of perfection?
How do you know he wasn't the best Aleister Crowley he could have been? ;)

Here's a few more Devil-ish factoids.

The Devil resides of the 26th path. This points to a connection with IHVH. But there is also a connection to the Middle Pillar of the Tree of Life. The Pillar that balances the masculine and feminine, just like Baphomet. ;)

The numbers of the sephiroth on the Pillar of Equilibrium, 1 + 6 + 9 + 10 = 26.

The sum of the path numbers on the Middle Pillar:
Path of Gimel - 13
Path of Samekh - 25
Path of Tav - 32

Add them all together and you get 70. The value of the letter Ayin which is attributed to the 26th path and the Devil.

The sum of the letters on the Middle Pillar:
Gimel - 3
Samekh - 60
Tav - 400

Total: 463. The same value as the Hebrew, MTH HShQD, Rod of Almond. A symbol of the Middle Pillar and the influence from Kether descending down to Malkuth. Spirit in matter? We're back to the Devil again.

463 is also the value of Ra-Hoor-Khuit. The Lord of the New Aeon and the "visible image" of the Holy Guardian Angel. })

Chiska

I know I am only a Thoth newbie, but so far, I find the Devil card rather positive - I guess - like a light being switched on, illuminating the hidden parts of oneself.

I still have LOTS to learn, but I am just going with what I am feeling at this point.

Aeon418

Chiska said:
I know I am only a Thoth newbie, but so far, I find the Devil card rather positive - I guess - like a light being switched on, illuminating the hidden parts of oneself.
But when the light is off there is a tendency to project the hidden, unacknowledged parts of the self outward onto other people. It's always someone else, someone other who makes the perfect scapegoat.

But if instead we turn the Eye(Ayin) inward and seek the knowledge of self we can find the hidden place within, Hell.
Wiki on Hell:
The modern English word Hell is derived from Old English hel, helle (about 725 AD to refer to a nether world of the dead) reaching into the Anglo-Saxon pagan period, and ultimately from Proto-Germanic *halja, meaning "one who covers up or hides something"
Hell, the Hidden Place. And there resides our own personal Satan. (In Hebrew Satan means "adversary") Those aspects of ourselves that we hide, that we fear, that we are unaware of, that we reject. But these parts of the self are only the adversary, the enemy, because we refuse to accept them as Self. And as long as we refuse to look inward and accept what we find, we are tormented by them in our lives as if they were the very fires of Hell itself.

Back to the Middle Pillar. If we add Da'ath(11) - Knowledge - to our existing 26 we get 37, the value of Yechidah - The True Self.
Adding the Roman numerals of the cards on the Middle Pillar also gives 37.
II + XIV + XXI = XXXVII.
The formula of this card is then the complete appreciation of all existing things. He rejoices in the rugged and barren no less than in the smooth and fertile. All things equally exalt him. He represents the finding of ecstacy in every phenomenon, however naturally repugnant; he transcends all limitations; he is Pan; he is All.

The Book of Thoth.