a question about the diferent thoth tarot versions

Minotauro

ok, I bought them...the price went down to $50 (with shipping) and I decided what the heck. You all will probably laugh at me, but I think this is the most I have paid for any tarot deck. It feels like too much, but the cards are in excellent condition - everything included, the brochures, the INICURSAL HEXAGRAM card, and a fairly pristine white box. Looks like a set someone bought and then popped on a shelf somewhere and never used. Oh and it is very green - not just the borders, but the cards too have a greenish haze to them. I have seen less than pristine greenie cards go for more on ebay and other sites. And besides, I was just getting ready to drop $48 on the AnnaK...and I am much more interested in the Thoth than I am the annak. Can you see how I am trying to make myself feel good about this??? I am not working right now, so spending money can be stressful.
If it comes in the mail short any of the cards I am going to be furious.

lol, NO.

here in mexico I bought the deviant moon tarot for about the same price. ( I didnt have to pay shipping , it was a metaphysical convention, we dont have metaphysical stores )
tarots is just hard to get here , and whoever sells them can do so at whatever price he wants to :C

Emily

ok, I bought them...the price went down to $50 (with shipping) and I decided what the heck. You all will probably laugh at me, but I think this is the most I have paid for any tarot deck. It feels like too much, but the cards are in excellent condition - everything included, the brochures, the INICURSAL HEXAGRAM card, and a fairly pristine white box. Looks like a set someone bought and then popped on a shelf somewhere and never used. Oh and it is very green - not just the borders, but the cards too have a greenish haze to them. I have seen less than pristine greenie cards go for more on ebay and other sites. And besides, I was just getting ready to drop $48 on the AnnaK...and I am much more interested in the Thoth than I am the annak. Can you see how I am trying to make myself feel good about this??? I am not working right now, so spending money can be stressful.
If it comes in the mail short any of the cards I am going to be furious.

It might seem like a lot of money but there are less of these decks being made available. A few years ago and they were dirt cheap, not so now. I think you got it for a good price, especially if its in really good condition. :)

Bhavana

If it is very green and you hate it, I will buy it for what you paid and pay postage.... THIS IS A FIRM OFFER but it has to be VERY green ! (I am trying to get one as green as the greenest ever one I bought WHICH HAS A CARD MISSING :(

thanks Gregory, that takes some of the anxiety out of this. Now I am thinking that for another $25 I could have gotten Luna's Kissa Tarot. Dang.

I can't wait to get this Thoth deck, and will be sure to post pics and let you know if I don't like it. If the green lives up to your expectations, it will be yours. I have a feeling it will be a complete deck, and live up to my expectations as far as condition goes - but have no idea if I will like it in person. All that green may ruin one of the major reasons I like the Thoth, which is the colors.

Bhavana

lol, NO.

here in mexico I bought the deviant moon tarot for about the same price. ( I didnt have to pay shipping , it was a metaphysical convention, we dont have metaphysical stores )
tarots is just hard to get here , and whoever sells them can do so at whatever price he wants to :C

What about if someone bought for you here in the states, then shipped to Mexico? Would that be cheaper?

Thanks to you and Emily for the encouraging words, maybe $50 ain't so bad after all.

gregory

thanks Gregory, that takes some of the anxiety out of this. Now I am thinking that for another $25 I could have gotten Luna's Kissa Tarot. Dang.

I can't wait to get this Thoth deck, and will be sure to post pics and let you know if I don't like it. If the green lives up to your expectations, it will be yours. I have a feeling it will be a complete deck, and live up to my expectations as far as condition goes - but have no idea if I will like it in person. All that green may ruin one of the major reasons I like the Thoth, which is the colors.
There's usually no issue getting shot of a greenie - you would do better on ebay.

Tarotgarden etc mail to Mexico and have reasonable prices.

Minotauro

thank you both , ever since I boughthe deviant moon a couple months back , I've been able to buy online (thats why I started this thread to begin with, I had never seen a thoth and was about to buy in online lol) ! its still not so easy because I dont own a credit / debit card.

but there's this online seller , to whom I can make a direct bank deposit to his acount of the amout I want plus a 5% extra for an amazon gift code.

so that's how I did it and thats why I wanted to buy all I could in one shipment. I want to get a card so I can buy from the book depository of wich I've heard wonders

but Im a college student , dont have a steady job and my mom doesnt think I need one so for now that's what I'll keep on doing X)

I alredy have 2 tarot decks for the next time I order! wich as you can see is a lenghty process to me so I'll wait till I have a few more lol

Bhavana

thank you both , ever since I boughthe deviant moon a couple months back , I've been able to buy online (thats why I started this thread to begin with, I had never seen a thoth and was about to buy in online lol) ! its still not so easy because I dont own a credit / debit card.

but there's this online seller , to whom I can make a direct bank deposit to his acount of the amout I want plus a 5% extra for an amazon gift code.

so that's how I did it and thats why I wanted to buy all I could in one shipment. I want to get a card so I can buy from the book depository of wich I've heard wonders

but Im a college student , dont have a steady job and my mom doesnt think I need one so for now that's what I'll keep on doing X)

I alredy have 2 tarot decks for the next time I order! wich as you can see is a lenghty process to me so I'll wait till I have a few more lol

I don't use a credit or bank card online, I have a paypal that I replenish with GreenDot Money-Pak cards. PM me if you want to know more.

A mint condition greenie just was listed on ebay, it's up to 26.00 already with I think 9 days to go, in case you are interested!

Bhavana

Well, my cards came today....they are in better condition than I had hoped - actually, they don't appear to have been used at all, so condition is mint. No warping, no scratches, all the cards are present. The only thing I can find wrong is that the box corners are a little worn and there is one blank card that has a few creases. Nothing to cry about on a blank card. Otherwise, the deck is pristine, the cards even have that slightly coated feel that new cards have when you first go thru a deck.

As for color, they are very green, sort of a medium green, but I don't think they are "broccoli" green. I guess I am happy with them - but when I look on ebay now, seems that decks in similar condition are going for $25 to $50-ish...so, it is likely I paid on the high end. Oh well. Since shipping was included, I suppose that's not so bad.

One thing I'll say, though I don't find them unattractive, the colors of the majors are nicer on the non-green deck - while the colors of the minors seem richer on the green decks.

And the seller wrapped them in a large size tarot bag, cotton navy blue with moons and stars and a ribbon attached with grommets...very good quality. That was a nice touch!

Chiska

I'm watching one right now, and it seems as if 2 different decks are pictured. The cards in the first picture look VERY green, but then in the 6th or 7th picture the same card is shown and it doesn't look as green.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350491158591#ht_500wt_951

It's the angle. Mine are like that too - if the light catches them at different angles, the greenness either intensifies or is subdued.

If you had been able to come to BATS, I'd have let you USE my greenie and examine each card. :) (I don't care if people touch or use my decks as long as they don't have the plague or something).