a question about the diferent thoth tarot versions

Minotauro

so Im buying my first thoth tarot and I-ve hear it is kinda big so I opted for the pocket edition , but Im unsure.

I-ve never seen a thoth tarot IRL because it isnt popular or even known at all here in mexico

is the pocket edition really small?
I mean conmpared for example with a regular oker card
should I buy the regular version ?
I-ve searched for comparisons but since I dont know thwe size of the other versions they doint tell me anythingª lol

this is the one Im thinking of getting
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157281294X/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Emily

Like WolfyJames, The purple box, three Magus one - you can always tell because on the description it will have 80 cards, not 78. It's the only version with the three extra cards. Its not a massive deck but not too small. You need to have something to be able to see the artwork clearly and that might not happen with the pocket deck. :)

Minotauro

Pick the one with the three magis cards, it's the purple box, the middle size one. The colors of that version are great too.

http://www.amazon.com/Crowley-Thoth-Small-Tarot-Aleister/dp/0880793082/ref=pd_cp_b_0

Like WolfyJames, The purple box, three Magus one - you can always tell because on the description it will have 80 cards, not 78. It's the only version with the three extra cards. Its not a massive deck but not too small. You need to have something to be able to see the artwork clearly and that might not happen with the pocket deck. :)

thank you , but thats the thing , they both seem to have the thre magus card I havent seen any diferences in the 2 articles I listed above excepto fro the price D: I was thinking maybe one of them has the ugly green tint people talk about all the time would any of you know in wich year were those ugky cards printed? s:

gregory

The greenies are NOT ugly :D - but there is NO chance you will get a new one - they weren't around for very long and are now much in demand. If you found one, you could sell it on - easily.

And the ONLY deck available at this time with three magus cards is the medium sized one described. You can't get a new full sized one with them all in.

This one is the one to go for. Which does indeed seem identical to the other you showed except that as far as I can see the more expensive one comes in one of those silly USGames boxes; the cards will be the same size.

There is NO greenie in that size so you are TOTALLY safe !

Emily

thank you , but thats the thing , they both seem to have the thre magus card I havent seen any diferences in the 2 articles I listed above excepto fro the price D: I was thinking maybe one of them has the ugly green tint people talk about all the time would any of you know in wich year were those ugky cards printed? s:

No you won't get a green tinted one from Amazon. They went out of print years ago, they are classed as 'vintage'. :)

Maybe check the ISBN's - sometimes Amazon will put the same decks on at different prices, no idea why they do that . Take a look at the ISBN of the deck that WolfyJames linked and then see if they match with either of the decks you are thinking about.

Edit
we posted at the same time, :) the one gregory linked is the one you want.

Also have to agree with gregory, the greenies are special. :)

gregory

Those two are the difference between the sensible boxes with just a deck in that are deck sized, and the "luxury" boxes USG now use to deter shoplifters - with lots of empty space inside - they are newer so I guess they put up the price !

Minotauro

ok , well I checked the isbn of both , aarentrly the chepaer one comes with the mirror of the soul book D:
this makes no sense lol

in another search it doesnt mention the book but says one has 78 pages and the other one 80 , so I think I-ll go for the 80 paged one+ ,suposedly both should have the 3 magus card
XD lol

Im so bad at this DX