Question about sequence - emperor and empress

Zechariah13

What's the problem? Isn't the Emperor, who's number is 4, the first emanation below the Abyss. As such he is the demiurge, or if you wish the first formulation of the ego.
Im sorry, i had a complete lapse of perception and didnt realize that we were talking about Crowley. I thought we were talking about real fathers and mothers, which set off a 'stereotypical gender roles' train of thought which usually results in me making a fool of myself. sorry. My badness.

I wasn't talking about the development of any child. I was talking about the instinctive bond between mother and child being different to that between father and child. Given time a bond does develop between father and child, but it is not the immediate and instinctive bond that characterises mother & child.
ummm......do you have literature to support that? because im pretty sure that is either overgeneralized, flat out wrong, or i am horribly misreading you.

Craxiette

Hello! :)

The Emperor and Empress, just as the rest of the tarot trumps are Archetypes, not Stereotypes. The difference is, Archetypes are universal and apply to all people of all genders, ages, cultures etc. Stereotypes are when one or several archetypes are heavily dominant on the apparence or expression of that personality, for biological or cultural reasons. But our souls are androgynous and contain every aspect of the universe from our unique perspective. With spiritual work and any other acts of creativity and exploration we can realize and manifest a greater part of the seeds of archetypal potential within us.
Just sayin...