What a horrible deck!

gregory

OK - I've now looked at a few more scans and will go out on a limb and say I shall buy it. I don't think I could say I LIKE it exactly - just as I don't LIKE the Necromantic - it isdark - and others are totally sweet, and some even plain silly.... and balance is all - and I too have a lifetime of depression behond me (at least, I HOPE it's behind me :( ) But you don't have to LIKE a deck, necessarily for it to be worth thinking about - you just have to be able to relate to it.

I wouldn't even be afraid to RECEIVE a reading with this deck, though (even if I read) I wouldn't like to give one in case of upsetting someone. But I am saddened by the thought of poor card stock - that is the ONE thing self-published decks really NEED to get right before all others.

I can even accept suicide as release in some circumstances, BTW.

(and fair comment; it is only the font and layout that are copied from Vertigo - I still think that's tacky.)

Bean Feasa

Well... this discussion is really simmering!!! It's interesting to hear such differing reactions. It's making me think about my own. Did I judge too hastily? Am I unwilling to face the dark side? Hmmm... maybe; my gut instinct remains the same though, and I don't think I'll be buying this deck. But many of you have given me an insight into how such 'savage' imagery could be accommodated. Hedgecub, your post was particularly enlightening (and moving, actually), the idea of finding solace in the fact that someone else is also seeing 'through a glass darkly', as it were.

But I'm still going to go out on a limb myself - maybe even a shakier, breakier, off-topic limb here, and say that I LIKE THE HANSON-ROBERTS. :D No, really!!!
And doesn't it too reflect a side of life? The sun does shine sometimes folks.
Also reads incredibly accurately and clearly for me.

bright blessings

truelighth

lunakasha But I do have an issue with the cardstock said:
The cards are actually cut evenly, but there are little thingies sticking out that make it look like they were punched out. The card stock is too thin imo though.

lunakasha

truelighth said:
The cards are actually cut evenly, but there are little thingies sticking out that make it look like they were punched out. The card stock is too thin imo though.

So....you have already bought the deck??? :)

Thanks for the information....I think the "thingies" might bother me, unless it were possible to trim or scrape them off very carefully....:eek:
Do you think the card stock makes them difficult to shuffle???
What are your thoughts on the deck....are you happy with it overall???

Thanks,

:) Luna

Bean Feasa

Hi Lunakasha,
The review I posted the link for at the top of this thread is truelighth's review.
blessings,

lunakasha

Bean Feasa said:
Hi Lunakasha,
The review I posted the link for at the top of this thread is truelighth's review.
blessings,

LMAO.....*oops* :confused:

No wonder his/her comments sounded so familiar! ;)

truelighth

lunakasha said:
LMAO.....*oops* :confused:

No wonder his/her comments sounded so familiar! ;)

LOL! Yes, indeed. That was my review, so I guess you know my opinions on the deck. It is not for me. But I am sure it will suit some other people.

Satori

This deck is trying a little too hard to be scandalous.

MichelleX has taken every cliche image she could find and turned it into Tarot. The deck is almost laughable. What makes it not so laughable to me, is that teenagers will see this deck and will buy it and will do so for the shock value rather than for any esoteric edification.

I mean come on, Savage is gonna make the right wing Christian fanatics gloriously happy to hold up as proof that Tarot is Satanist. I'm no prude, and yet seeing this deck makes me mad. It makes Tarot look bad, shows violence towards women not to mention objectifies them, and deifies guns.

I wouldn't spend money on this deck.

(The LS Gothic Tarot of Vampires is scarier than this deck, in my humble opinion. And it has a story in it, it has meaning and a depth. And I'm no Goth fanatic, but I do own this deck and have had great readings with it and by it.)

MeeWah

After a brief glimpse, I can see why the comparison of the Savage to The Vertigo; however, any similarity is strictly superficial.

Whlist Vertigo has a certain dark ambience that lends it a shadow deck quality, it is also infused with light & colourations that provide a more balanced quality. The imagery largely of the abstract & tends to encourage the imagination & intuition to seek beyond apparent boundaries.

Savage appears more of in-your-face imagery. No vagueries or blurry lines but definite & shocking images that leave little to the imagination & maximum impact. As a photo-collage deck, skillfully executed. An unusual example of an art deck, its appeal will find its way to some collectors & readers.

Tarotphelia

Well, there is dark -
and then there's bloody , gross, exploitive, sadistic, & sickening . The last 5 don't appeal to me .