10 of Swords as a location?

Stu123

Hello!

I've asked about my future in regards to job.

I've asked where will I be: 10 of Swords, Ace of Wands, 5 of Pent
First of all, the Ace caught my attention as an obvious card that talks aboit moving - abroad or out of the current location. Being at the centre, I think it's pretty importnant.

Now, since I've realised that my question was quite broad, maybe the cards are picking up on where will I be mentally rather than a location? Moving away and moving on, leaving the disappointments behind - 10 of Swords? The 5 of Pent I've no idea. Maybe it will be a cold and rainy place or a rough area, with people not being very nice? Or it will br draining and I won't be making much money over there?

As for a location, I see this as a cold place, or maybe somewhere I have been to but been unhappy at? I know this card is about the worries going away, but it could mean opening of old wounds as the 5 of Pent aren't as happy? So a place where I didn't feel well at in the past, but with the positive Ace could be a better experience for me this time?

What will I be doing as a job? 5 of Cups, King of Cups, 10 of Pent
As it's work related, the 10 of Pent I think is a good omen for financial security, though that slightly goes against the 5 of Pent above.

The 5 of Cups makes me think that I might be dealing with problems and queries, maybe customer services or client relations? The King is in the centre, so that could be a boss. Or that's me being balanced and happy as again, this card is in the middle. Maybe the 5 of Cups just picks on my worries which I shouldn't have because the King is happy and the Pentacles card is very positive?

I'm struggling to interpret the 10 of Pent as a work-related card. All I can think of is stability, happiness, fulfillment with the career and money. I do work with people, but not families. Maybe a family business?

What career/field will it be? High Priestess, 5 of Swords, Lovers

High Priestess shows me a managerial role...pr at least a caring one. Someone who takes on responsibility, but isn't necessarily above all other people. 5 of Swords shows a competitive and stressful field. Lovers is the card that puzzles me. A field where you need connections or networking with people? Or somewhere where decision-making is very importnant?

Carojulie

Hello Stu,

I do not really agree with your vision of the High Priestess as someone in a managerial role... for me she is more the solo type, the hard thinking one, more cerebral than taking concrete action. For a manager, I would see more the Empress or Emperor or Chariot, or the Devil. But, in a corporative environment, the High Priestess could be the one who thinks things through, who analyses situations, the one who give advise to the manager, maybe ?

Also, the difference between your second and third question is not clear enough for me (what will I be doing as a job / what career or field will it be in). I agree these are two different questions, but the differences might be too subtle to prevent the risk of confusing the reading (for me at least)

As for your first question : where will I be ? I wonder if the imagery on your cards could give you some hint ? wich deck are you using ?

Please consider that I am not an experience reader, and that commenting in this part of the forum helps me learn ! I would not want to seem presumptuous because I am commenting on readings by people more experienced than myself !

empress's dress

if you asked the first question with the intention of a description of a physical location, i can't help but see the 10 of swords as skyscrapers. and the ace of wands being the one you are working in. and the 5 of pents as being a city with beautiful historical buildings.

Stu123

Hello Stu,

I do not really agree with your vision of the High Priestess as someone in a managerial role... for me she is more the solo type, the hard thinking one, more cerebral than taking concrete action. For a manager, I would see more the Empress or Emperor or Chariot, or the Devil. But, in a corporative environment, the High Priestess could be the one who thinks things through, who analyses situations, the one who give advise to the manager, maybe ?

Also, the difference between your second and third question is not clear enough for me (what will I be doing as a job / what career or field will it be in). I agree these are two different questions, but the differences might be too subtle to prevent the risk of confusing the reading (for me at least)

As for your first question : where will I be ? I wonder if the imagery on your cards could give you some hint ? wich deck are you using ?

Please consider that I am not an experience reader, and that commenting in this part of the forum helps me learn ! I would not want to seem presumptuous because I am commenting on readings by people more experienced than myself !

Hi Carojulie!

No worries, I appreciate your and anyone else's input :)

Interesting about the High Priestess. I can see where you're coming from about the solo type - someone quite self-sufficient, independent, maybe a freelancer type of person?

As for the different questions - In the first one it's more about the role itself and the second one about the field/industry :)

I'm using RWS and I really do struggle with the imageryas the 10 of Swords reminds me of a deserted island...

Stu123

if you asked the first question with the intention of a description of a physical location, i can't help but see the 10 of swords as skyscrapers. and the ace of wands being the one you are working in. and the 5 of pents as being a city with beautiful historical buildings.

Hi Emptess dress! That sounds like a gorgeous description! Can I please ask what exactly made you think this way? I can see why, just haven't thought about it this way. Are you judging from an image of a deck or your impressions?

empress's dress

Hi Emptess dress! That sounds like a gorgeous description! Can I please ask what exactly made you think this way? I can see why, just haven't thought about it this way. Are you judging from an image of a deck or your impressions?

rws images made me think this. the 10 swords are a skyline. the ace of wands stands out because it is the building you actually work in. and the 5 of cups has that beautiful church behind the 2 people walking in the snow. the images of a city with historic buildings just popped into my head. not the deepest thought process here. haha. but how it worked. i hope it all works out really well! xo

i play this solitaire game from time to time describing places i know well through drawing tarot and lenormand cards and perhaps there are patterns at work. x

Stu123

rws images made me think this. the 10 swords are a skyline. the ace of wands stands out because it is the building you actually work in. and the 5 of cups has that beautiful church behind the 2 people walking in the snow. the images of a city with historic buildings just popped into my head. not the deepest thought process here. haha. but how it worked. i hope it all works out really well! xo

i play this solitaire game from time to time describing places i know well through drawing tarot and lenormand cards and perhaps there are patterns at work. x

Thanks for the clarification! :) I would see the 10 of Swords completely different, though I agree with the 5 of Pent imagery. For me the 10 of Swords would still give quite a negative connotation of a dark and cold place. The Ace of Wands I've no clue about, but I can definitely see what you mean by it being the particular building, as that card kind of shines through everything.

Also agreed that the deck imagery is important. We all see it differently though. I'll update when I know more!