Lover's Path Tarot update

Cerulean

I just consulted the oracle

and once received Brunhilde, then Siegfried, I believe (two of staves)...if I remember right, I saw both aspects of the story, the male and female. If so, that makes for a rich interweaving of text and I like that both male and female of different time periods and heritages appear in the majors and minors. Cleopatra and Caeser were excellent choices as well...my only sigh was there wasn't a set of historic lovers that came from Ireland and Japan!
(My own 'history')

But maybe once the deck and book is out, there'll be ways to mix and match different aspects of lovers stories in the reading...because it's not only the story of the twosomes, it's about choices and teaching tales...I enjoyed the reading.

Regards,

Cerulean

M-Press

Hi Kris!

just wanted to say that the site is LOVELY!!!!
I especially like the navigation area-Nifty!!!
And....of course the deck is so marvelously romantic and well done! Bravo!

at some point, when I'll be a bit less tired, i will dig again in the site, and try to see how you chose the specific characters for the cards. I'm a big mythology fan, but the connections are not always 100% clear to me...

I'm sure that your deck will rise high like the heart in wings!
Good Luck!
M

artandwords

Limited edition info -- and advance deck raffle.

Thank you for your kind words about the site and the deck! Creating the Lover's Path has been an amazing experience. :)

The latest news is that I just received the first advance copies of the deck from the printer. (Actually, I've just returned from Book Expo America, where I had a signing for them.) I've also set up a webpage at where folks can sign up to be notified when The Lover's Path Tarot set is available this autumn. This webpage is at http://www.artandwords.com/giftworks/lp/lpset.html .

My plan is to initially offer the Lover's Path Tarot set (which includes a 78 card deck, 162 page full color 7.75 x 7.75" book, custom layout scroll, and deluxe gift box) packaged as a limited edition set. Here are the highlights:

1. The limited edition set will be limited to 250 and personally inscribed and autographed by me.

2. It will also include an framable 8 x10" limited edition print of my preliminary drawing for the Amor and Beatrice art, presented on Grace, Card XVII (traditional card, The Star). This image is not available anywhere else. (To see this drawing, go to http://www.artandwords.com/giftworks/lp/dante.html.)

3. Prints will be also be numbered, personally inscribed, and signed.

4. Sets will be custom shrinkwrapped with the prints.

5. This autographed limited edition set will be available for $45, which includes Priority Mail shipping.

If you'd like to be notified when the limited edition is available for pre-order, I invite you to send a blank e-mail to loverspath@artandwords.com.

I'm also giving away an advance autographed copy of the deck. If you're interested, send a blank e-mail to e-comment@artandwords.com with the words LOVERS PATH RAFFLE; please include inscription information and US mailing address. A winner will chosen at random on June 11, 2004. :)

Rhiannon

Wow, this is just beautiful. I absolutely LOVE the Goddess tarot and I'm looking forward to the Lover's Path. The art on the site is really lovely and I'm sure they will be even better in person.

I know it might be a bit early to ask this but, do you have any more decks in mind? :D Maybe something with your animal drawings?

R :)

artandwords

Actually, I do....

But in several years' time. The plan is to collaborate with my husband. He is an anthropologist who writes about shamanism.

But first things first -- I'm still recovering from the push to create The Lover's Path Tarot. :)

Thanks for your kind words about the site and my work!

artandwords

Raffle update

Thanks to all who entered my Lover's Path raffle. Based on the enthusiastic response, I hope to have more decks to give away closer to the publication date. :)

dolphinprincess

I have been waiting for this deck to come out :D The artwork is amazing.

The Ace of Cups is the most beautiful I have ever seen!

artandwords

The latest on the Lover's Path Tarot...

I just heard from US Games that a final Lover's Path Tarot deck and book set will be arriving from the printer in China any day now. Once it is approved by the powers that be, the publication date will be definitively set (right now, it's looking to be mid-to-late October), and I'll begin to accept preorders for the limited edition sets. BTW, you can learn more about the limited edition at www.artandwords.com/giftworks/lp/lpset.html.

If anyone is interested in being on the Lover's Path Tarot limited edition waiting list, please send a blank e-mail to loverspath@artandwords.com. Most of the spots have been taken already, since this is a small edition of 250 copies.

Also, a Lover's Path calendar, featuring art from the Lover's Path Tarot, will be published in 2006 by Harry Abrams Books.

And that's the latest! Thanks to all of you for your continuing support of my work! :)

kris

blue_fusion

wow. just seen it. both the site and the deck are visually scrupmtuous! can't wait to see it out in the market.

truelighth

Is it actually possible to pre-order one of the limited editions of the Lover's Path Tarot already? Or do we have to wait until it is really released before we can order. I looked at the website, but I am not clear on it. Thanks!