Día de los Muertos Lenormand. (Day of the Dead)

tarot heart

9 cards left... then the main deck is done. 9. I finished up an idea for the back of the cards this week and am seeing how well it prints out. 9 Cards. It almost is like getting over the last hurdle now to get this done. I think I'm dragging my feet a little because, truth be told, I adore this medium of creation. Over the years I have done several things; stained glass, glass painting, silk painting, making silver jewelry and a host of other ways of being 'artistic' but nothing has given me as much satisfaction as this method. Once the deck is out there I hope to continue this way of creating images. First a break to finish up the LdM.

Sorry I've not posted any images up recently but I'm hoping to give people that buy the deck a little something new to see when they open up their package. Oh yea, the package, what I am now calling Mucho la Muerte.. It starts it's beginnings end of the month, about the same tim the images should be done.. woo hoo.

You could always do a Day of the Dead Tarot ;) I wouldn't stop you....;)

Seriously though...can't wait for you to publish these!!!

catti

Why are you calling your package" mucho la muerte"?
Alone the words together don't make sense, or do you just like alliteration?
It does kind of roll out of the mouth satisfyingly, but I have to turn my brain off or the incomplete phrase drives me crazy.

starlightexp

I guess I trying to say A Whole Lotta Death with that one.

Rhinemaiden

I like the original title - Dia de los Muertos - infinitely better than Mucho La Muerte which sounds like a supersize item on a fast food menu. ;)

Love this deck, can't wait for it to be ready for sale... I'd gladly place a pre-order NOW! :D

starlightexp

The deck is going to be called Dia de los Muertos Lenormand but there is a certain package presentation that in my mind I'm calling the Mucho La Muerte edition of the deck if that makes sense.

Rhinemaiden

The deck is going to be called Dia de los Muertos Lenormand but there is a certain package presentation that in my mind I'm calling the Mucho La Muerte edition of the deck if that makes sense.

ah-h-h-h-h-h.... that makes perfect sense! A special edition... can't wait!!! :D

peterknows

Today the imposing tower has taken shape... 19 la Torre

I like the symbolism you used in this image. It almost appears to simple, but it provokes thought in my mind.

starlightexp

8 left... so I know I haven't posted up much of the art. I think there are bout 10 cards I've done but not put on line, but I just finished this one and thought the need to share it :)

Attachments

• 17 the stork.jpg
    17 the stork.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 217

Rhinemaiden

the stork... another delight! :thumbsup:

(contrasting color for the number 17 at the top?)

Pam O

8 left... so I know I haven't posted up much of the art. I think there are bout 10 cards I've done but not put on line, but I just finished this one and thought the need to share it :)
Another most AWESOME card design!! ;)

P.S. I don't blame you for keeping some of the last few cards off the internet. The last thing you deserve would be piracy of your incredible deck!

ETA: I would recommend a bit more empty space in front of the stork than behind it. It works well to give the stork area to move forward into. Does that makes sense?