De-Enabling Thread

gregory

GreenMoonBeam said:
You are mean.
You are like Debra.
I like mean. })

Very valid point about online security. One must be more astute
And see - you STILL don't know which deck you mean. })

I am like debra ?

WOW - that is the best compliment I have had in years :D Thanks !

nisaba

gregory said:
And it's stone. What has that to do with decks ? ..
<in the nature of a scientific enquiry> Do you own one, Gregory? Check one:

[] Yes
[] No

If you check yes, I will forward my postal address <grin>. I'd hate you not to be de-enabled on ownership of such a dreadful object..

gregory

nisaba said:
<in the nature of a scientific enquiry> Do you own one, Gregory? Check one:

[] Yes
[x] No

If you check yes, I will forward my postal address <grin>. I'd hate you not to be de-enabled on ownership of such a dreadful object..

OK ? :)

merissa_88

I shouldn't want get the Pearls of Wisdom, right? They got me when the Amazon description mentioned runes, flowers, and plant symbolism in the deck. And it's great-looking but there are many good-looking decks.

Plus, I'm going to need a third shelf for my decks soon. So I shouldn't get anymore decks (except for the ones I have on pre-order). :)

So, there must be someone who doesn't like this deck?

GryffinSong

merissa_88 said:
I shouldn't want get the Pearls of Wisdom, right? They got me when the Amazon description mentioned runes, flowers, and plant symbolism in the deck. And it's great-looking but there are many good-looking decks.

Plus, I'm going to need a third shelf for my decks soon. So I shouldn't get anymore decks (except for the ones I have on pre-order). :)

Hippy dippy acid trip, man. The 60s and 70s are so out. So yesterday. My eyes hurt just looking at all those hippy colors dripping all over the place. You wanna let it all hang out? Talk with your existing decks. They're cowering in the corner hoping you don't bring in this deck. It's a bad influence, man. Get it and pretty soon all your decks'll be tripping and won't have anything to say to you 'cause they'll be stoned out of their cardboard minds.

Pam O

merissa_88 said:

It's a really busy deck, if that makes a difference.

PS I have a whole bookshelf that has been taken over by the tarot and now it's double stacked, short things in the front, bigger in the back. An now, I've stacked a 2nd bookshelf on top of the first. Oh my, I can't possibly "need" all this tarot stuff. You certainly don't want to end up loosing another shelf, or you might have the whole bookshelf consumed by tarot..... :)
When I pull the Devil card, I often think of my addiction to tarot and AT (posting when I should be resting, working, outside, etc, etc...)

merissa_88

(LOL)GryffinSong and Pam O,

Successfully de-enabled (for now).

Thank You!!

magpie9

Pearls of Wisdom is just sooo overdone. Busy busy busy. It's hard to make out what is actually going on in the card because of all the visual shrubbery. You want symbols? They got symbols. Everywhere. Infeting every possible pixel on the cards. Crowded together. Layered. Jumbled in corners. And then there's tons of color, and reflection of color and speckles of light and candles with halos and jewels....what with one thing and another It's actually a deck meant for Hoarders.
And then there's the Artist's desperatly inept attempt at 3-D. OMG. Good trained artists have trouble with that one, and this person seems to be a self-taught folk artist. It so dosent work. Take the King of Swords. His hands are HUGE because the Artist is trying to make them leap out at you with what he's holding. He just looks sadly deformed. And Justice is holding one arm out with the scales in such a way that you can clearly see that that arm is longer than the whole rest of her body. Charming.
I really wanted to like tis deck, and even took to it with a magnifying glass to try and sort out the clutter and actually examine the 10,000 symbols on each card....it only made it more confusing and overwelming and ...UGLY.
And then there's context. Everybody's Happy Every Living Minute. It's LaLa Land. Nothing bad ever happens here. 10 of wands...loaded down with gold and jewels with a victory wreath and happy happy face. 8 Swords...She appears to be experiencing the God trip on either Acid or possibly a Spirit Journey, tho I can't imaging anybody dressing like that for either occaision. Happy Happy Joy Joy. 3 of Swords...The dude is thoughtfully stabbing a huge heart lying on the ground with...you got it...3 swords. Upset? Angrey? Hurt? Naaaaah.
Then there's the majors. Yeah, well. The World seems to be apearing in an amateur tap dance review. The Emperor is cuddling the uglest little white lapdog I've ever seen...it just gets worse and worse.
I understand that the artist created this deck after a time of grest tradgedy in her life, in what was essentuilly an act of art therepy. I appalud that, and I'm glad it served it's purpose for her. Publishing it was surely meant as an act of kindness...but the tragedy for you is if you get it. Do you really want a deck that was born, and will live forever in LaLa Land?
Walk On By.

Debra

magpie9 said:
a deck meant for Hoarders.

I'll have to think about this in the larger context of de-enabling.

Good to see you, Mags--missed you :love:

Le Fanu

magpie9 said:
....what with one thing and another It's actually a deck meant for Hoarders.
*ears pricking up*