Middle Eastern/India Theme Decks?

Pandora MoonRaven

Hello!

I have been interested in getting a deck or two that have a middle eastern/india type of theme to them. I have been looking through pages and pages of decks but thought maybe I could get an idea of some of your favorites or ones that you have noticed. Thank you!

Tibor

Well I have the Kazanlar Tarot which I think is beautiful although I have not had time to use it that much. I also have the Roots of Asia which have some Indian elements (I think). Then there is the stunning Lebanese Tarot which I think it's a bit over my budget at the moment (for a 22-card deck). Oh almost forgot the Rumi Tarot I have a copy of and I think it's lovely.

Chiriku

I have and greatly admire the Rumi but find it is better for one card meditations than spreads or divination.

There is also Tarot of a Thousand and One nights but keep in mind that the illustrations are Eurocentric, in the Orientalist style of the late 1800s. Although the Rumi was created by a native Briton (Nigel Jackson, the artwork is more closely patterned after an authentic historical style, that of medieval Persian miniatures).

I have had my eye on the Kazanlar for a while...

There is also the Yoga Tarot distributed in the US by Llewellyn.

jema

I used to own Kazanlar and one day I will get it again. It is a beautiful deck and reads very well too.

Pollux

Kazanlar is a keeper...!
A little pretty treasure.
I will have to get it back, yes... me too!

Roots of Asia, as others have suggested, could be a nice try?

And there's Tarot du Roy Nissanka that's similar to Ukiyoe I believe, it's a pip-minors deck with marseille-like majors inspired to Sri-Lankan culture, and the indian theme is quite consistent in the decoration of pips as well. It's very pretty, I'll get it one day or ther other, must be nice.

Pandora MoonRaven

The Thousand and One Nights tarot looks neat except it seems like all the scans are so small. Is the artwork like this when in hand? So teenie? I feel like in all the scans I can't really see the pictures.

MoonGypsy

The Thousand and One Nights tarot looks neat except it seems like all the scans are so small. Is the artwork like this when in hand? So teenie? I feel like in all the scans I can't really see the pictures.

It is a gorgeous deck with highly detailed exquisite artwork, but unfortunately, the paintings are very, very small. 'Tis a pity, as they were just too hard on my eyes and so i traded my deck to Manda's younger eyes. :p

Bhavana

Very teenie, and with the borders, cards look too similar to me, they don't have much impact visually - though it is true that the artwork is beautiful. Kind of like shadowscapes in the sense that it would have been much better on larger cards.

The Rumi is beautiful, but then I love middle eastern and Indian art. I don't have it yet, but have seen it in person. Only thing that has stopped me from buying is that I hear the gold borders start to wear off with shuffling.

Le Fanu

Yes the 1001 Nights is small but think of the images as miniatures. Beautiful, intricate miniature vignettes. I have less difficulty making these images out than I do Shadowscapes.

Kazanlar is more all-out-exotic to my eyes, not just Indian.

And then - as mentioned by others - the unmentioned KamaSutra. :)