Tarot Illuminati

Ashtaroot

Yess, we need to lobby this, bigg and bordeless!!!!

We still need to be able to shuffle comfortably though ;)
( as much as I love the Maat I can't shuffle it)

The more I look at it, the more I wanted it...
Pretty cool hanged man

daphne

We still need to be able to shuffle comfortably though ;)
( as much as I love the Maat I can't shuffle it)

Pretty cool hanged man

I don't care so much about shuffling, there is always a solution. But really, these images would be wasted in a small format.

celticnoodle

:p

Kissa said:
You made me watch with envy the Q of Pents again. I want her boobs!!!

Looks like a golden pear to me, in her left hand that is.

K

fruit is always a symbol of abundance and the golden pear I think is great in this card with the Queen of pentacles. This queen is one who is bound to succeed. what better way to indicate this then using a golden pear?

nicky

Pretty cool hanged man

See, when I look at these they look like a bunch of things all pasted together - the golden shoes/boots/whatever are glaringly weird to me. And it is this way all through the deck - when you do CGI art I like it to have depth and shadow. Ciros's people all have a 3 dimension look - these do not.

I think people who like bling will like this - and I imagine the people who do professional readings, and offer the sitter deck choices, would have a good many people pick this deck as it is not scary - but I find it saccharine for me to use.

Laura Borealis

It's very flat. Like CGI done as stained glass -- the churchy kind of stained glass where they paint on the faces and hands.

I like the effect in glass, but not so much here.

Attachments

• 15th century stained glass.jpg
    15th century stained glass.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 163

tarotlyn

:heart::) Without being overly technical, I love this deck! I think it is an extremely beautiful fantasy type deck! :):thumbsup:

The clothing is very lavish, the colors perfectly vibrant, and ah...the style is so to my liking :heart:

I predict that it will be a great selling tarot deck...and I will buy it :):thumbsup:

Everyone has their own tastes in style, design, etc., even whether or not it is a RW clone.
I actually love RW clones...my favorite type decks.

Actually, doesn't a RW clone have a better chance of getting published (by top notch publishers)
verses a non-RW clone deck? I know I have read that somewhere online within the last year.

...to each their own...
:heart:tarotlyn

Ashtaroot

Looking back at the Q of Wands... I think her freaky hands adds to her persona and character ..it is kinda cool
I really can't wait to read with it...
And yes I am super guilty of "bling" ;)

sapienza

I'm sorry but I think it's just awful.

But in the end, from what I've seen, it's just another RWS, and that's a bit depressing.
Because do we really need one more of them?
Another heart pierced with 3 swords, another man with 10 swords in his back.
There is more to tarot than just the 'same old, same old'. Or at least there should be.
I agree with Lillie. I always feel that decks with artwork that just slavishly copy the RWS symbolism end up feeling empty. Of course I expect it will be a big seller, because a lot of people are looking for prettied-up RWS decks. But for me, it's just everything I don't like in a tarot deck put together in a deck that I'm pretty confident I'll never own.

No offence to those who love it of course, or to the creator, each to their own. :)

gregory

But also - as Lillie said - even with the very RWS ones - Lo Scarabeo always manage to turn out a few cards that stretch the box. I think that's true of all their RWS decks except - the Pamela commemorative one ! well..

Sulis

I'm sorry but I think it's just awful.

I agree with Lillie. I always feel that decks with artwork that just slavishly copy the RWS symbolism end up feeling empty. Of course I expect it will be a big seller, because a lot of people are looking for prettied-up RWS decks. But for me, it's just everything I don't like in a tarot deck put together in a deck that I'm pretty confident I'll never own.

No offence to those who love it of course, or to the creator, each to their own. :)

But also - as Lillie said - even with the very RWS ones - Lo Scarabeo always manage to turn out a few cards that stretch the box. I think that's true of all their RWS decks except - the Pamela commemorative one ! well..

This is exactly how I feel about this deck - it's not for me at all and I'd go so far as to say that the images make me feel slightly nauseous.
I know that lots of people like lots of bling on their cards though so I'm sure it will have a loyal following.

Gregory, you say Lo Scarabeo decks are usually a little different but isn't that when they're actually designed by Lo Scarabeo? It seems to me that this is a deck designed by someone else but that Lo Scarabeo will publish. It looks as if the card designs are done and I'd be very surprised if it deviated from the RWS model in any way, shape or form.
This is a clone done in a garish CGI stlye from what I can see.