2012 Edition Victorian Romantic

Anam Cara

Oh, I thought we did email back a couple of times? Please just email me again if there is a more recent email that we haven't replied to. We get a lot of email each day and it could have been filtered out or missed. If you don't mind, please can you put your AT name in the subject line, as I'm not always sure who is who! Many thanks :)
Thank you Karen!
I just responded to your private message, and am happy to re-forward my order confirmation, if you need me to.
I'm much releved to hear from you that all is (probably!) well!

:heart: Cara

Le Fanu

This edition is beautiful.

The colours seem richer, the images sharper than the first/Russian edition. The quality of the printing is excellent. I'm so glad another edition was made of this fabulous deck.

I had no idea there were so many changes throughout the deck. I hadn't really been paying attention or maybe some of the changes were only unveiled when the deck was actually available. It feels much smoother and unified in the artwork, a much more cohesive deck, and for those who have always loved the Victorian Romantic it is thrilling to have some new images to work with alongside the old favourites.

PrincessD

If any of you like to read, I've written a review on my blog of my impression of the new VR to the first edition. I hope I'm allowed to post it here... (?)
sorry, links to personal blogs are against the forum rules

Hope it may stir up some discussion!

Bat Chicken

This edition is beautiful.

The colours seem richer, the images sharper than the first/Russian edition. The quality of the printing is excellent. I'm so glad another edition was made of this fabulous deck.

I had no idea there were so many changes throughout the deck. I hadn't really been paying attention or maybe some of the changes were only unveiled when the deck was actually available. It feels much smoother and unified in the artwork, a much more cohesive deck, and for those who have always loved the Victorian Romantic it is thrilling to have some new images to work with alongside the old favourites.
And now I am even more looking forward to seeing it....

If any of you like to read, I've written a review on my blog of my impression of the new VR to the first edition. I hope I'm allowed to post it here... (?)

sorry, links to personal blogs are against forum rules

Your link says the site is private. You'll have to change the settings on your control panel if you want the site to be publicly available.

PrincessD

And now I am even more looking forward to seeing it....

Your link says the site is private. You'll have to change the settings on your control panel if you want the site to be publicly available.

My apologies, try it now if you like!

Bluefeet

Great review, thanks for sharing, PrincessD! Now I can't wait to have my cards in hands. ;)

Cocobird55

Great review! My decks seem to be stuck in New York -- your review has made me even more eager to hold them in my hands.

gregory

I think I've got it.

In my order - which arrived today- it had clearly "Companion book; no thanks" on the invoice (I really didn't feel I needed another one as I have the 1st edition companion book) but there was something trussed up in the package that looked remarkably like a book.

I shall send an email to Karen. To be honest, now I'd rather just pay for it (if you don't mind.) Or maybe I just refund you, gregory?? :D
I want it. Let's see what Karen says....

Nice if it's YOU of all people.... })

baba-prague

I want it. Let's see what Karen says....

Nice if it's YOU of all people.... })

Er no, let me explain what happened.

Gregory's book is still here because she ordered it later and we have it in a separate package. We do always try to combine from early and later orders (for our own sake as well as to save postage for non-EU customers - not that this applies in Gregory's case) but as we have a lot to get through, we are not always combining right now.

So Viola and I went through the later batch orders this morning and there was Greg's book, waiting to be sent in November. However, now we have it pulled out of the queue in any case, we will send it this week.

BUT please, please, this is a one-off. Mostly all the second and later batch orders will go off next month and we will be shipping throughout November as there are many hundreds to go. So please don't send emails saying "Gregory got hers, where is mine?" Aaaaaargh ;)

Le Fanu's order may actually be correct - she said mysteriously. We will email him to explain :)

baba-prague

sorry, links to personal blogs are against forum rules

Thank-you for the review - that's great to read and so glad to hear your thoughts on the second edition.

There is just a small mistake in the review so I thought I would mention it for clarity. The standard deck now has TWO Lovers cards, the mini deck has only the new Lovers card and the Fortune Teller card.

We do say this clearly on the listings, so the new Lovers card in the mini is not "by chance" - it is entirely correct. :)