New DuQuette book.

Always Wondering

The letter on page 145 was a good example of Lon seeing straight to the core of many of the problems. Is Magick Harmful to Children? I thought this line was great, "Magick isn't harmful to children, but parents who behave overly dramatic, spooky, fearful and superstitious often are." In the context of the letter that line read like a slap in the face. It was totally on the money though.

I still don't understand what Liber Resh had to do with that.
But yes, I love his shoot from the hip style.

I thought all of the Holy Guardian Angel Questions were good.

And I loved "Where am I on the Tree of Life?" Seems like I've asked that question too.

I don't know if I could pick some favorites. But I do have an answer that surprised me the most and was delightful as well.

My definition of an Adept: a person who is always in over his head ... and loves it! It always seems like you're starting in the middle of things. There is no shallow end of the pool. (Gee! I ought to write fortune cookies!)

AW

Aeon418

I still don't understand what Liber Resh had to do with that.
In the letter Lon says that the only practices he ever performed in front of his son were Resh and Will. I assume they were inserted into the text for the benefit of casual readers.
I thought all of the Holy Guardian Angel Questions were good.
In that section I liked the letter from the prison inmate who seemed to think he could find answers to messages by analysing them to death with gematria. Lon's reply was spot on.
Lon Milo DuQuette said:
Try harder by not trying so hard. Use the Ruach's qabalistic number games to hone your Neschamah, not drive it! Once you've received your intuitional message move on ... move forward. For Christ's sake! Don't keep picking a word or number to death with gematria, 'cause it's your own life and sanity you'll be picking to death (not to mention the friends you'll bore to death with your ramblings!).
And I loved "Where am I on the Tree of Life?" Seems like I've asked that question too.
That question kind of dove-tails with Lon's unorthodox view of A.'.A.'. grades. It's the sort of thing that annoys some people, (not me) because it can get a little confusing if you're not aware of the subtle distinction between using the A.'.A.'. system like a map of levels of consciousness and as an externally verified training system.

This is how Crowley can say that Madame Blavatsky was a Magister Templi 8=3(Binah), even though she was never a member of any organisation called A.'.A.'.

Always Wondering

Hmmmm. Seems like I liked the two most unorthodox answers. I didn't realize that.

I really liked that prison letter also.

AW