I'm Making a Lenormand deck

La Force

I've tried giving up giving advice to Lenormand deck creators. I think each should create whatever moves them and the deck will either work for others or not and may or may not stand the test of time. If you are doing a limited edition, chances are it will sell out and eventually appear on ebay for outrageous prices.

Re: card insets. Most traditional readers miss them when they aren't on a card. Noting them in a corner is not the same but better than nothing. I doubt if it bothers those modern readers who focus more on details of the picture.

Traditional readers often appreciate images that keep some of the "additional" meanings in mind - like coffin being any kind of container (when looking for lost items, for instance). Also, some are attached to the original birchrod image with its nod to discipline (and Krampus), while others prefer the crossed rod and whip as representing the number 2.

You can't please all the people all the time.

Thanks very much, this gave me the most fab idea. Okay I can do the inserts hehehe, Also I can do any kind of container? for the coffin. if yes supper sweet. You guys will seriously roll over laughing with what I've done with the Rod/Whip card, hehehe lol:)

I do have a question.

Could I pass on putting the name of the card on the deck? ie: 20. Man or 21. Mountain

I am trying to stick very close as possible to tradional, just with new concept of images, holding the same meanings.

Good New I find out sometime tomorrow, the cards went to the printer to be checked for quality. keeping my figures crossed.

Copyrights are now done....Yeaaaaaaaah :)

La Force

Teheuti

There are no names (i.e., card titles) on most of the antique decks. It's up to you to have the images so clear and unambiguous that there's no confusion on the part of the reader.

La Force

Thanks Mary, again very helpful.

Good news, I heard back from the printers that 33 images are of quality and ready for print.

3 cards were not;

Mountain
Letter
Lily

ETA:I am now working on these. I managed to find images that will work.

La Force

La Force

Ok I have the card Inserts. I need to know the dimension of them, ie; 1" x .5"

La Force

La Force

Now that I have copyrighted I can later post up some images.

La Force

La Force

The Cross Stitch Lenormand

okay

As I stated above about having my previous deck stolen, I hope that At members will not steal from me. All of my ideas, concept etc. that when into making the deck is 100% copyrighted. should anyone steal from me (copyright laws) you will be dealt with accordingly.

I pick up both my deck between Monday - Thurs. That's when the printers said they would have them ready. yes two decks, one with keywords on the cards, one without. I also made doubles of the images, so I have 2 men, 2 lady, 2 dogs, etc. each different.

I call it "The Cross Stitch Lenormand" :)

here is a sample picture of my cards.

AJ and Mary Take special note of Card 0. Coffee, you both will know why I included that, he he he.

https://plus.google.com/photos/1171...5925864339164313042&oid=117178249002371185284

Enjoy

A Special thank you goes out to;

AJ
Teheuti (Mary)
Both of you really helped me put it together, thanks I really appreciate your support.

Melia, thanks for you encouraging words and support.

If I were to sell this deck I would make a few adjustments, to make them for marketing. so if you have any suggests feel free.

La Force

Gulliver

Hello La Force,

I would like to see your cards, but the link doesn't work for me.

Good luck for your interesting project!

La Force

Hello La Force,

I would like to see your cards, but the link doesn't work for me.

Good luck for your interesting project!

Sorry

If anyone one else is having problems with link, let me know, other wise, just click my name on the left of post, view my webpage in drop down menu.

La Force.

PS. when you view it on my webpage it is a large image takes up the whole screen you can just click the title of my post to view it better. sorry for any inconvenience, I also apologize, I am not trying to divert any traffic away from AT. just provide help so peeps can see my sampler images of my Lenormand deck that's all.

Gulliver

I have taken the way via your homepage. Thanks for showing us your very nice pictures! It is a new idea to stitch the images, but they look very warm and clear and I like it!

AJ

as a passionate lifelong needleslinger, I say, what a great idea!
I'm not familiar with the specific lenormand images to know if you've hit it right on the button, but as a personal deck I'll bet you really get some use out of it!

Well done!