New Lernormand Restoration of Dondorf Lenormand

tarot heart

I am so happy to announce that our dear Tag jorrit is creating yet another restoration of an old Dondorf Lenormand in collaboration with our Le Fanu! Le Fanu is providing scans of the cards and Tag is doing the restoration work.

Please see attached photo for two cards which she has mostly completed. All cards have not been completed yet but she is diligently working on them.

You can find all her decks here.

If you want to see the review of the original deck Le Fanu did on his website you can find that here.

This is one that that I WILL be getting as soon as they are available. I missed out on this deck when it was being sold on ebay but now I'm glad because I will have a gorgeous restoration instead! Many thanks Le Fanu! And Tag! :D CAN'T WAIT!!! :D I am saving my pennies!!!!

Attachments

• Dondorf Fox.jpg
    Dondorf Fox.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 335
  • House example.jpg
    House example.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 256

MoonGypsy

Thanks so much for posting this, dear TH! :* i have been loving all the antique repros Tag has been creating and have all of them in one form or another. [don't have any of the minis yet]. [i also recently purchased her new printed tins, which my matching decks are sitting in very cozily!

And also thanks [of course] to our dear sweet and generous Le Fanu!

i look forward to the completion of this new Dondorf repro!

tarot heart

Thanks so much for posting this, dear TH! :* i have been loving all the antique repros Tag has been creating and have all of them in one form or another. [don't have any of the minis yet]. [i also recently purchased her new printed tins, which my matching decks are sitting in very cozily!

And also thanks [of course] to our dear sweet and generous Le Fanu!

i look forward to the completion of this new Dondorf repro!

No problem MG! But just to clarify this is a restoration, not a reproduction. Tag jorrit is removing the crud from the old deck and making a more visually appealing deck. It will be like what the deck would have looked like if you bought it way back when. I tend to prefer restorations over reproductions, especially when they're done by very skillful and talented people like Tag jorrit!! HTH! :heart:

MoonGypsy

No problem MG! But just to clarify this is a restoration, not a reproduction. Tag jorrit is removing the crud from the old deck and making a more visually appealing deck. It will be like what the deck would have looked like if you bought it way back when. I tend to prefer restorations over reproductions, especially when they're done by very skillful and talented people like Tag jorrit!! HTH! :heart:

Sorry, TH, i stand corrected. :love: Gorgeous Restoration--for sure. i love what she has been doing with these fantastic old decks, and i cherish mine. i look forward Tag's latest. Was that one called the Lilac Dondorf?

tarot heart

Yes, I think it's what Le Fanu called the lilac Dondorf on his blog. Not sure if Tag will be calling it by the same name but probably. :)

ana luisa

Restoration or not, this is true ART !! :thumbsup: I was gifted a Dondorf from my great grandmother and I've been enjoying so much having a peek of what my cards would have looked back then :)

WolfyJames

The restoration does look lovely. I shall look to purchase the deck then.

Le Fanu

Yes, 'tis true...

Tag is doing a wonderful job.

It is the Dondorf variation #1 listed here. Dated as 1873 but I have also seen it dated earlier, possibly 1865. I didn't invent the name "Lilac Dondorf", I have seen it described as that. The backs have a sort of lilac wash.

The cards have a cerise circle with number and also Frankfurt spelt in the old way; "Francfort".

It is a jewel of a deck. In my opinion, the Pam A of Lenormands. But then I'm biased...