Tatiana Scythe/Coffin combination -- Concerned

Dutchess

Hello everyone! I was hoping I wouldnt have to ask this question, but after last nights reading, I feel compelled to.

I do about 2 readings/week with my Tatiana Fortune Cards. Everything has been well and quite accurate with my readings. What has concerned me is this: for the past 3 readings I have had the Scythe/Coffin combo appear. When looking at Tatiana's book, she states that this combination always means death.

My question is this: Is this combination always physical death or could it mean an alternate form of death (a friend and yourself parting ways, for example) and also, Is this *my* death or could it be speaking of someone else.

Im really quite nervous about this and any insight would be so appreciated.

Brightest blessings,
Dutchess

MareSaturni

I use Lenormand, not Titania, so my take is slightly different. The scythe/coffin could mean death, yes, but also a...health problem. Bad one, one that probably requires a surgery.

As for the non-literal death, i believe that could be too. If you are going through some 'dark' times, you might have to 'cut' things out of your life (thing you dont want to cur) in order to leave the coffin. To return to the 'life', to the light outside. The coffin also means rebirth, after all.

Hope this helps ;)

~Yuko

FaeryGodmother

I read the scythe/ coffin combo as "the end of something". Having gotten the combo several times over the last few years I don't think it means an actual death as I'm still here and no one I know has died either. Don't panic. :)

purple_scorp

Difficult to answer, without seeing the rest of the spread.

I always take those two cards if they appear right next to each other, to mean a physical death. If the two cards appeared in a 9-card reading, but not necessarily in the same row/column, then I would maybe read it as the end of something.

In terms of whose death, you would need to look to the other cards for clues. For example, should the dog appear, then it could be a death for a friend (might be someone that your friend knows).

Was this combination in a 7, 9 or 36-card spread? If it was in a 7 or 9 card, expanding by doing the full 36-card spread might give you some more clues.

with love
purple_scorp

Dutchess

Hello P Scorp

It appears as if the cards truly did mean death. My close friend's father passed away.

I perform most of my spreads as 9 card spreads and this was where it appeared... along with the dog and the cross. It all makes sense.

Thank you very much for your assistance -- I thought you would be interested in the update.

Take care and brightest blessings!

purple_scorp

Dear Dutchess,

I am sorry for your friend's loss. Was it a sudden event? I shall send your friend love and light to assist her with the healing process.

Thanks for the update. This was the first Oracle/Tarot deck that I purchased so I feel a close affinity to these cards. When I read your initial post, something just told me that the dog was also in your spread, which is why I mentioned it.

with love
purple_scorp

ShekinahMoon

I tend to see Death in a reading as meaning the ending of something but not necessary the ending of someone's life. And the ending being very final and very total for the person. Also death is known as the predecessor to birth so a death in a reading could represent that something has to die in a person's life in order for something else to be birthed into their life.

ShekinahMoon

Dutchess said:
Hello P Scorp

It appears as if the cards truly did mean death. My close friend's father passed away.

I perform most of my spreads as 9 card spreads and this was where it appeared... along with the dog and the cross. It all makes sense.

Thank you very much for your assistance -- I thought you would be interested in the update.

Take care and brightest blessings!

Oh wow, sorry that the death card was a literal meaning. Do you think that combination really does represent literal death when it comes up in a reading?

purple_scorp

ShekinahMoon said:
Oh wow, sorry that the death card was a literal meaning. Do you think that combination really does represent literal death when it comes up in a reading?
Hi ShekinahMoon,

Welcome to ATF :)

I find that the cards mean what you program them to mean. That is why, the same combination can mean different things to different people.

So, when I first saw that combination (the cards being directly next to each other), I decided from thereon in, they will always be known as a physcial death.

It doesn't mean that that will be the same for everyone though ;)

with love
purple_scorp

Dutchess

Hello all! I have been away, so I havent had a chance to reply. Sorry for the lack of response :) Yes, it was a sudden death.. heart failure... a very big upsetting event.

I had that 'feeling' it was bad when i saw the combination originally. This time it truly did mean physical death. Thanks all for the replies!