78 card Jean Noblet Tarot by Jean-Claude Flornoy

Umbrae

connegrl said:
Yes, but the question is *when* will the Tarot Garden get their stock in!

Jen
I'm told, that 'as soon as it gets finalized and shipped...'

Whatever that means.

connegrl

Umbrae said:

Whatever that means.

Waiting is an acquired skill that I'm still working on. Glad you're back to enjoy the nice weather.

Jen

lunakasha

Umbrae said:

Whatever that means.

Geesh.....:bugeyed: ???? (LOL)

OK.....but will there be any kind of preorder, or list we can be added to, whilst we wait????
Maybe That Dan Guy could hook us up.....})

Thanks~

:p Luna (waiting so very patiently with connegrl)

connegrl

Well if you drop Jeannette a note expressing your interest, she'll let you know when the deck arrives. Simple really....

Jen

lunakasha

connegrl said:
Well if you drop Jeannette a note expressing your interest, she'll let you know when the deck arrives. Simple really....

Jen

You're right, of course.....this is what I normally do anyway to sign up for preorders. I just wondered because there is nothing listed yet on the TG website....but yeah, Jeannette will take care of it, no worries. :)

JanetBoyer

Got It!

Got the deck last week, Roxanne. Many thanks! (By the way, you have exquisite handwriting...)

King of Swords accounted for in *my* deck!

Janet

jmd

Wow... what a deck.

I left for a week away with no internet access, and without that hoped for postal delivery. So on our return, a small detour to the postal box was in order, and sure enough, that much anticipated parcel was there....

Ah! what a delight!

It's amazing, even when you are aware somewhat as to what is going on, whether the actual deck will live up to expectations - and frankly, it exceeds it.

One of the 'mishaps' that from my perspective is a real blessing is that the corners were left as corners, rather than rounded off. Another is that the chosen background colour matches well indeed the hand-stencilled version.

The pips, as well as the courts, are stunning - a definite all-around stunning rendition.

As mentioned by others already, the faces on the court cards are so expressive. Of course, we've had access to Jean-Claude's Atouts restorations for some time now, so can perhaps overlook all too easily the incredible detail he brings to bringing to light what is semi-hidden in the originals.

As for the Pips, personally, those 'droplets' on the Ace of Bastons are an absolute delight, and are cause for reflections we may shall undoubtedly come to discuss...

...great stuff Jean-Claude and Roxanne!

teomat

Does anyone know if this deck will be available more widely (a'la Amazon etc)?

gregory

Why worry - it is just as easy to order direct and THEY get all the profit. Flornoys deserve it more than amazon !

WERE the square corners a "mishap" ? I think they're GREAT !

Umbrae

connegrl said:
Yes, but the question is *when* will the Tarot Garden get their stock in!
If the great god of shipping is good, late next week.