Astral vs Ethereal Projection

Aeon418

ravenest said:
the etheric is an energy pattern where the subtle forces of (or behind?) the physical body are meanifest, one can assume that a change in that pattern can bring about change in the physical
Which is why the magician works with the astral via ritual and the active imagination. The astral is easy to mold and change. And any changes made on the astral should filter down through the etheric to the physical. The great difficulty is in getting your intent fixed on the astral. This is why constant and repeated practice is required.
ravenest said:
I see the etheric body as a typye of pattern 'given off' by matter, similar to a Kirlian potograph. The astral is something entirely different again and is a product of the IMAGINATION.
Or to put it another way, the imagination is how we connect with the astral.

Always Wondering

ravenest said:
Since, as Aeon correctly pointed out above, the etheric is an energy pattern where the subtle forces of (or behind?) the physical body are meanifest, one can assume that a change in that pattern can bring about change in the physical, then one one use or reason to 'travel' in the 'etheric' is to work on someones etheric energy pattern. Eg. a friend I had with a genitic disease had an 'etherically' visible irregularity in their etheric DNA pattern. It could be seen on the 'astral' but perhaps, to manipultae it (which I would not and will not do) that sequence back to its normality may reqire a similar energy field, ie. another etheric force.

This is exactly my concern. I would not knowingly mess with anyone's energy now. But in the past I was mistaught in the vein of "healing and light" to manipulate. Though I was probably not skilled enough to cause much effect I was thinking any kind of interaction on the etheric field must change the physical. Now that I am rethinking, I am wondering what harm I've caused.

ravenest said:
I see the etheric body as a typye of pattern 'given off' by matter, similar to a Kirlian potograph. The astral is something entirely different again and is a product of the IMAGINATION. [Read that Liber O carefully!] Not to 'diss' the astral by that term, as some say the most powerfull force we have at our disposal is the imagination.

The Imagination dies, the astral dies ... it all dies .... except that rarified 'field' Crowley refers to in the individual as 'The Immortal Osiris'.

The Kirlian comparsion is helpful. Thanks for commenting Ravenest. I was begining to wonder if you had wondered off and gotten lost in your beautiful wilderness.

AW

ravenest

:laugh: yes, thats been happening a lot more lately.

ZenMusic

lot's of books to help

astroandtarot

Professor X said:
The astral body is the real you,the physical is only the shell that encases it during your incarnation. The etheric energies are just there for you to use on the astral. Once you die the physical body is left lifeless while your astral body lives on in the astral plane. The point of astral projection is to gain access to the astral plane while still incarnated here on earth.
The physical body is the 3rd dimension the astral is the 4th dimension.

This is desired for a number of reasons some of which are:

1. Once you project out of your body you are free to go where ever you choose because you are no longer limited by the confines of a physical body.

2. You can gain access to information about your life and path and all types of knowledge that you cant while still being stuck in your body.

3.There is a astral library that exists on Focus Level 27 where you find out information about anything that has happenned on Earth. Any event that has ever happenned on Earth is recorded in this library. Previous Astral journeyers have labled each astral level by number from number 1 to something like number 35 . These levels are differences in vibration and frequency with 1 being the lower astral and level 35 being the gateway to the 5th dimension.
The library is on level 27.
You can read the works of Robert Monroe to find out more about this.

4. By accessing the astral you can indeed see there is no such thing as death because the spirit is IMMORTAL and cannot ever die. The body dies but that is just the physical,your spirit will live on and you will experience even more on the astral.

Basically astral traveling is stepping up your spiritual studies and learning tremedously,there is no limit to what you can do once you can learn how to leave your body at will. If you want I can give you some basic books you can read to familiarize yourself with this subject. I hope this answers your question. Basically there is just the astral plane of existence with the etheric energies being there for you to direct. But you dont even have to be on the astral to use the etheric energies,you can do so from your physical body as well.

Crowley mentions this subject a lot in Book 4 .

May i ask whats is the good book to you about astral projection?

ZenMusic

check amazon

ravenest

Wow

ZenMusic said:
.. the secret technique that has been taught by all the hermetic groups since Egyptian times.. worth the price just for that section

Wow, That sounds AMAZING! I would give A LOT to finad ANY technique that was taught by ALL hermetic groups ... and I never realised there were unbroken traditions from Egyptian times ... unless you meant Egyptian times being from the nation of Egypt of today. or did you mean Ancient Egyptian? If so, does ancient' go back beyond the Greek Egyptians ... or are they the Ancient Egyptians? Or did you mean all of Ancient Egypt, spanning a few thousand years. Gosh, I never knew we had such records from the Old Kingdom.

And to think that is all in a Llewellen Book!

(Yes I AM in one of those moods today :laugh: )

ravenest

oopps - double post

Professor X

astroandtarot said:
May i ask whats is the good book to you about astral projection?

Here is a listing of some good books on Astral Travel and what you will encounter when you leave the body and enter the astral realm.

This book is a good teaching tool:

Astral Travel: Your Guide to the Secrets of Out-Of-The-Body Experiences by Yvonne Frost and Gavin Frost (Paperback - Jun 1, 1985)

Here are some books on what you will encounter when you explore the astral:

All these books are by Robert Monroe who was trailblazer in the field.

Journeys out of the Body.
Ultimate Journeys
Far Journeys

Craxiette

I've just listened to that same podcast featuring Dr. Shoemaker. Dang...I'm disappointed. He suggests people should do little 'tests' to see if they can gather information from unvisited locations, as if this is a verified possibility.
*sigh*
Why isn't any thelemite worth their salt doing the James Randi challenge then?
Come on Shoemaker, not only can you become a millionaire, you would cause a global revolutionary awakening to the reality of our existence. We're waiting.

I just don't get it. If you can prove something, go ahead and show me the evidence! If not, why encourage people into interpreting their experiences in a supernatural way??

I'm sad. I really like the rest of his segments though.