Very specific size comparison question. Help?

Cassandra022

Ok, so here is the deal. I am ordering a lovely bag from Sulis for my Thoth deck. However, I am having issue figuring out about measurements because...

well, I have one deck that I am using so far. According to my email receipt from amazon, it was this one: http://www.amazon.com/Crowley-Thoth-Small-Tarot-Aleister/dp/0880793082/ref=pd_sim_b_2

I further trimmed it, so its even smaller than that. Picture attached

I recently won another on ebay though. When it comes, I will probably trim it the exact same way this one is trimmed. I am not sure exactly which edition this is or how its size would compare to the size of my current one. Basically, ONE of these will go in the bag, but it will likely depend on which one I like the look/feel of best. Which I can't tell until the other comes but I am ordering the bag now. I may not even keep both, but sell/trade off the extra, the ebay thing was kind of impulse purchase lol...

basically, I am trying to figure out if there is a significant size difference here? When i measured using print out ruler my current one trimmed is like ~11cm by ~6cm, which is quite small but then I like my decks small, but I want to order a bag that isnt larger than necessary but which would fit both decks and I am just confused.

(Also very stressed and sleep deprived, please excuse if this isn't as coherent as it could be :/ )

Attachments

• Thoth1.jpg
    Thoth1.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 294
  • _thoth1.jpg
    _thoth1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 234
  • _thoth2.jpg
    _thoth2.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 238

Oink

If I'm understanding your situation right, you're wondering if the cards from the deck in those two pictures are the same size as the cards in the USG purple box version? Yes, they will be.

The Thoth comes in three sizes: large, small, and pocket. That box in the picture says "small card size", which is equivalent in size to the USG purple box. The white boxes that don't say "small card size" are equal in size to the USG green box.

Cassandra022

that there's a pocket version even smaller than this is kinda 0_o to me but maybe thats just due to post trimming size of it or my standards of small...

anyway if they are indeed same size would be useful. thanks oink :]

kalliope

that there's a pocket version even smaller than this is kinda 0_o to me but maybe thats just due to post trimming size of it or my standards of small...

Heh, yes, I think it's the trimming that's messed you up about that. I have the same white OTO box version (called "small" although I tend to think of it as pretty normal-sized), and the actual "pocket" version, both untrimmed. The pocket cards are almost exactly the size of the image inside the borders on the white box small cards. I just checked. :)

So, effectively, you've made your own (borderless) pocket deck. :D If someone were to go crazy and trim the pocket, they'd have a serious mini on their hands!

gregory

Heh, yes, I think it's the trimming that's messed you up about that. I have the same white OTO box version (called "small" although I tend to think of it as pretty normal-sized), and the actual "pocket" version, both untrimmed. The pocket cards are almost exactly the size of the image inside the borders on the white box small cards. I just checked. :)

So, effectively, you've made your own (borderless) pocket deck. :D If someone were to go crazy and trim the pocket, they'd have a serious mini on their hands!
It's not that small trimmed :).

I know this :)

Cassandra022

thanks, that's excellent to know. that solves my bag concerns, and is also useful since i quite like the size of my thoth, so this makes my decision of which one i'll ultimately go with as favorite not influenced by size :]

clarification appreciated

Cassandra022

yall were quite right. the white box oto and usg purple box are same size...well actually the former is a ITTY bit bigger, but pretty much same size :]

so torn though. The 1986 AGM muller white box has softer cardstock and nicer colors but...i really like the sharp, fine lines of the USG...