Thoth Hierophant and hexapentagrams

Laura Borealis

Someone else has tried. It doesn't WORK for me, it just doesn't. Every single way of trying to force a hexagram has to cheat. It isn't THERE.

I agree, those ones are NOT there. If Frieda had meant it to look like that, she'd have painted it like that. I have faith in her :D

ACTUALLY yours is the only POSSIBLE hexagram I can ALMOST buy into....

I don't quite buy it. I still think that's a five pointed star. But... maybe it is BOTH. Maybe it's ambiguous enough that it can stand for both a pentagram and a hexagram. Would she do that? She might do that... ;)

eta: did a new one where the bottom star points fit :D

Attachments

• hierophant penta hexa gram thingy ver2.jpg
    hierophant penta hexa gram thingy ver2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 114

gregory

Well - yes. That's what I reckoned in the FIRST place, but I let others do the drawing :D

Zephyros

I actually do see a hexagram there, the drawing make that clear. I don't think that if she hadn't planned on it being there, it would show up, even cheating a little. It's there. I think laura_borealis's drawing is the best and most accurate, unless there are two that I'm not aware of.

gregory

I actually do see a hexagram there, the drawing make that clear. I don't think that if she hadn't planned on it being there, it would show up, even cheating a little. It's there. I think laura_borealis's drawing is the best and most accurate, unless there are two that I'm not aware of.

WHICH of laura's ?

And - "shouldn't" a hexagram be rather more evenly distributed than that ? It does take RATHER a stretch... The two pentagrams are so VERY clear.

Zephyros

Oh, I meant the second one, with the points lengthened. I agree with you that it`s kind of a stretch, but even though it seems non-existent, it is nevertheless too "there" to be an oversight.

Lillie

I can't see it at all.

Would someone draw it for me, so that it actually looks like a hexagram and has 6 points?

Zephyros

I think part of the problem is that the two triangles aren't equal in size. The top triangle has a much sharper angle than the bottom one. I always saw the hexagram there, but I must admit that the fact that it wasn't perfect did get to me (however, it stopped). I wonder what the story is, though. It could have been complete if those two lines had been bit shorter, and then it would correctish, but a little lopsided. The more I look at the long version, I must admit the less I like it; not that it`s wrong, it just makes no sense a hexagram would be done like that, even speaking symbollically. I could "find" an answer in that as the hexagram represents spirit in the Rosy Cross then... oh dear... I've become one of those people...

This is starting to remind me of that pelican thread...

Laura Borealis

Oh, I meant the second one, with the points lengthened. I agree with you that it`s kind of a stretch, but even though it seems non-existent, it is nevertheless too "there" to be an oversight.

The one with the points lengthened, that's a five-pointed star. Superimposed over the pseudohexagram.

5-pointed star: yellow
psuedohex: green

I can't see it at all.

Would someone draw it for me, so that it actually looks like a hexagram and has 6 points?

Alas I cannot, because I don't see an actual hexagram.

I hope someone who does see it can draw it -- I remain unconvinced.

Debra

Well there's a flower behind his head with five petals showing and presumably a sixth aligned with his beard. Doesn't fit the description but it's the right number at least.

Laura Borealis

I'm not seeing the flower the same way you are, Debra. If I mentally extend the hidden parts of the petals, there isn't room for a sixth petal. I think it's a five-petaled flower.