Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Deck Creation

Citizen

MrsOnePotato 
Citizen

Beautiful!
I love the rich tones within the black and white....the images have a lot of depth. When you reproduce this, you should make sure to print it in color, so all the gray tones keep their warm, rich "color".

Top   #11
Citizen

Tara2007 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizarin
Hi all,

I've been around these parts for awhile though I tend not to post a whole lot. I've been reading for several years and painting since I was old enough to hold a brush, so I recently decided to go ahead and give designing my own deck a try.

I opted for a black and white deck, as I've been going through a black & white phase with my art and thought it might be helpful in keeping a cohesive visual style going throughout so many different cards. It's somewhat Waite-Smith influenced, with my own style and a bit of Alice-in-Wonderland and carnival style thrown in for good measure.

I've finished the first 4 cards, they can be seen on my website: phantomwise tarot gallery

I'm hoping to be done with the majors by sometime this summer, and will decide if I want to continue on with the minors once they're finished.

Anyway, I'd love comments and feedback! It's more an experiment than anything else at this point, though it is giving me a lot of practice with figure painting and helping with my continuing tarot studies as well.

Thank you!
The b&w images are very appealing, drawing the viewer in and bringing out the smaller details. The Fool is a rather Dorothy-like I think, and I like that. She was if nothing else a person of blind faith. The Magician is clear and easily understood, straightforward as he should be.

You have a lot of talent and your cards show energy and depth as well. Please finish this deck! It would be a shame not to see it completed!
Top   #12
Citizen

Astraea Aurora 
Citizen

Wow. As others have already said it's very moody ... and I like that kind of dark feeling ... maybe it's because of the black and white style ... don't know but I like it very much!

The one that has touched my heart is the High Priestess - that blend of Asian style and western european tradition.

Keep on going, this is fantastic!

Many Blessings, Astraea Aurora
Top   #13
Citizen

temperlyne 
Citizen

I really love your faces, they feel very real and have believable emotions.
Despite the somewhat sadening effect of the authenthic black and white, I get the feeling theirs is a richly colored world, alive outside these frozen moments.

I agree that the strength in style lies in your elegant blend of west and east.
Top   #14
Citizen

Moonboy 
Citizen

well done friend
Top   #15
Citizen

BodhiSeed 
Citizen

What wonderful images! You have a great talent, and I'm so glad you decided to share these. I love the color scheme - it's like looking at a book full of old photographs. My favorite so far is The Fool!

Best wishes on your project!
Bodhran
Top   #16
Citizen

Sidhe-Ra 
Citizen

Very nice work! I particularly like the Alice in wonderland Fool, I think that is inspired. Your whole style is very atmospheric and evocative. I shall enjoy watching the deck's progress!

Blessings,

Em x
Top   #17
Resident

alizarin 
Resident

Thank you all so much! You certainly have me more motivated to finish the deck.

Just added the Emperor, hopefully I'll be able to finish the Hierophant this week as well.

gallery
Top   #18
Citizen

jackdaw* 
Citizen

Oh, now these are just beautiful! I love how much depth your black tones have, a touch of sepia, almost.

One of the nicest Fool cards I've seen in quite a while! And the High Priestess - wow!
Top   #19
Citizen

magpie9 
Citizen

Really good! I can't wait to see the completed deck. It looks like it will be a good and intresting reading deck.
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.