Creepy coincidence or a sign?

K.Dahlia

It could also be that the characteristics of the King Pentacles are characteristics that you need to develop in your own life! The stability, reliability, dependability. The ability to be a mentor and a protector. The ability to be financially independent of anyone else.

If you are not getting the message of a card, Tarot will keep hitting you with it until you do. Perhaps associating this card with this person is not what your deck is trying to tell you at the moment. Look to yourself.

I can totally see that. I can see myself needing to at least be more financially responsible...But then I'm still confused as far as everything else, lost to the reason I had just randomly started seeing this person's name. Maybe one does not actually have to do with the other and it's just a coincidence that this card presents itself when I'm asking about him.

PAMUYA

Did you throw the deck in the trash as you said you would if this king appeared? Just curious :)

queenxofxwands

Your mind is trying its best to comfort you (king of coins)
If he is a comfort zone then naturally the mind will envelop that.

Grizabella

My belief about cards that JUMP out of a deck or THROW themselves across the room is contrary to what others seem to think. Others say these cards are demanding to be seen. But my theory is that they're taking themselves OUT of the deck so they WON"T be read in any spread done with the deck in response to the question---or to no question if none is asked. But you get the idea---they don't want to be drawn from the deck so they remove themselves.

I'm not kidding. Seriously. Think about it. If they wanted to be read, they'd stay in the deck and wait to be chosen, wouldn't they?

SunChariot

I usually turn to tarot when one of my friends asks me to consult them about their particular situation but sometimes I turn to them for answering my own questions as well. Nearly every time I would consult them about my situations with a particular person I would always pull the king of pentacles card for him, even before I met him. I would ask the cards about my future love interest and I would nearly always pull the king of pentacles. During our relationship I also kept pulling the king of pentacles anytime I would ask a question about him. He and I are well into a conflict now and have since stopped talking to each other (just under 3 weeks now). Out of the blue I started seeing his name everywhere, hearing songs that remind me of him, one of my friends (who has never met him) has even said something that he has said in exactly the way he said it, like word for word. I am a bit of a skeptic, while I do believe in signs I just do not believe they are everywhere or at least this easily visible so I tried ignoring them.

I was on the phone with a friend of mine one day and explained to her what was happening and she told me to turn to the cards, so that's what I did. I was on the phone with her and shuffling at the same time getting ready to ask the cards about the signs I may or may not have been getting. While I was shuffling I made a joke to my friend stating "If I pull the king of pentacles I am going to throw my deck in the trash".... before my sentence was fully even finished what card JUMPS out at me while shuffling? the king of pentacles! Literally threw itself at me! I was in shock and stopped talking and moving altogether, my friend kept asking me what happened so I told her and she just kind of froze in silence, as I did.

Does anyone have an opinion about this? Is this just another coincidence or should I really start paying attention? Could I have willed this card to show itself by making the joke?

My belief is that there is not such thing as coincidence and that things that happen repeatedly are all signs. Our lives/guides (whatever you want to call it) talk to us, guide us, tell us what we need to know and show us the best path/choices for us. The more important it is to you and to your life that you understand, the more talkative your life will get. If you need to know something for your best interest you WILL be told. The question is, will you listen and learn from it.

So far if the message has to be repeated over and over, it looks like you have not been getting the message or acting on it. So you keep needing to be told again.

In my experience, once I became a reader, the messages and signs coming from my life when I was not doing a reading increased enormously. I got more and more and more. Now I trust that I will be told what I need to if I need to and that that is the nature of the world I live in.

For me, personally, I don't believe in coincidence. It is all meaningful to me and I believe sent for a good reason. In my eyes none of this is in any way creepy though. I find it wonderfully reassuring to know I live in a world that helps me do the best I can and keeps me from making any huge mistakes if I listen. I find that truly beautiful.

Babs