Zerner Farber Deck Fraying Problems

greendaygal540

Does anyone have a ZF that has frayed at the edges? I'm afraid to use this deck for professional readings in fear of the constant shuffling ruining the deck. Any advice?

hunter

Welcome to the forum! :)

My advice is to just enjoy the deck and replace it when it wears out. I don't worry about wear and tear on a deck unless it is difficult and expensive to replace.

AJ

If you are referring to the Zener-Farber, it trims well, just give it a haircut and then you'll have some fresh crisp edges. Worn decks are lovely though...

greendaygal540

Thanks guys! I've decided to break this one out for lighter readings; I personally enjoy the pure elegance of it lol.

hunter

This is one of my least favorite decks visually, but I like the symbols chosen and I love the books.

I often use this deck with the Instant Tarot Reader book when I am in crisis and need a large spread, but am too overwhelmed to decipher one. I have the feeling this deck will be easy to come by for a long time. I just use this deck with no worries whatsover.

The idea of giving a deck a haircut must sound ludicrous to you as a new member here. Check out some of the threads on "trimming". Many people here don't feel a deck can even be read with until they bond with it, by trimming the borders off. The ZF doesn't have borders, but most hardcore trimmers here would think nothing of giving a frayed deck a haircut.

Again, welcome newbie. This is a great community. People here have been amazingly wonderful to me here. I hope you enjoy it here too.

Expect to be enabled into buying LOTS of new decks :)