Do you think Tarot only reflects only your own thoughts?

Zephyros

Hi there. I'm new to tarot so I'm learning a lot here :). But I keep wondering if Tarot only "reads" my mind or only reflects my own thoughts, rather than the situation at large or all energies involved. So to those who are more experienced in reading than me, I'm wondering your thoughts about this? Especially in regards to self readings. Thanks!

I would say that the answer is yes, but also that the mind is also a good deal larger than your question implies. Your thoughts can envision whole new realms and situations and your imagination can take you to infinitely interesting places.

Tarot serves as a good vehicle to expand the imagination, to see and consider many different kinds of ends and possibilities. If you conceive of something then obviously it reflects your own mind but that's where your own intelligence pieces together the cards in order to form a coherent narrative and deduces the most likely outcome.

Edward Tarot Hands

I would say that the answer is yes, but also that the mind is also a good deal larger than your question implies. Your thoughts can envision whole new realms and situations and your imagination can take you to infinitely interesting places.

Tarot serves as a good vehicle to expand the imagination, to see and consider many different kinds of ends and possibilities. If you conceive of something then obviously it reflects your own mind but that's where your own intelligence pieces together the cards in order to form a coherent narrative and deduces the most likely outcome.

I am a newcomer to tarot studies but I totally agree with this... I think the tarot could be equated with an impartial friend giving you random alternative ways to look at a situation. Even though your friend is impartial you will always project your own ideas onto their advice, this is unavoidable as everything we see and do in this reality is coloured with our judgement of it and is based on our memories and our ideas for the future