Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 225 : November 28- December 4

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks. Each week on a Saturday we will be picking a new deck to work with exclusively for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week - if you wish you can choose 1 tarot and 1 oracle so you can participate in all areas of the forum

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc

3. Daily Draws can be recorded in our Group Daily draws thread: the new thread which is now here for December updated 12/1.

4. The following link is for members of the Deck of the Week group to post readings (other than Daily Draws) with their chosen decks or readings with spreads offered specifically by Deck of the Week members. No feedback or commentary on the spreads/readings is required (unless requested).

Deck of the Week Readings

5. Here are links so that members can post daily readings/reflections on Oracles or Lenormand decks:

Oracle Decks - Threads in Oracle Readings forum
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Oracle Readings Journal

Lenormand Decks - Threads in Lenormand Journals forum
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Daily Draws
Deck of the Week Group - Lenormand Readings Journal

Participants:
1. VGimlet - Gill Tarot (Shadow work: Mary-el Tarot)
2. Marcus R. - Conver TdM
3. sweetcherise13 - Tarot of the Vampyres
4. jema - Night Sun
5. Scarlet Woodland - Tarot of Trees
6. TreeLeafe - Green Witch Tarot
7. BodhiSeed - Buckland Romani Tarot & Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards
8. AJ - Tarot of the Sephiroth
9. RiverRunsDeep - Anna K. (Shadow work: Deviant Moon)
10. Madame Squee - Zigeuner Tarot
11. strings of life - Tarot of a Moon Garden
12. swedishfish612 - Mary-el Tarot & Oracle of Shadows and Light

VGimlet

Back to my final week with the Gill this week. Starting December 1 I will also be using my (trimmed?) Mary-el for shadow-work at night.

I talked to my local print store to see if they could use one of the big paper cutters to trim it - they said, "Come down and let us take a look" because of the lamination. If they can it will save me a lot of time this weekend trimming.

Also trying to figure out what deck(s) to use for my DOTW daily draws after the Gill. The Mary-el is next in my use this for 4 weeks list, strange how it worked out. However I have a few recently arrived decks, and others possibly on the way, kickstarters and long ago pre-orders. I might use them in December both to get caught up, and to save the Mary-el for January. My name should have "waffler" under it right now. :joke:

Edited to add - it's actually week 226 but I forgot to change it! I won't contact a mod to correct such a small error, but I WILL need to remember the following week is 227! (If I write it here, I'll remember, LOL)

Marcus R

I'll join in again. Conver TdM again. Haven't done much reading lately and should spend more time staring at the cards.

sweetcherise13

I'm going to join in this week with Tarot of the Vampyres.
I've done an interview spread and some daily draws and I already love working with this deck! This week I want to really spend some time digging deeper into it with some larger spreads.

jema

I am taking out the Night Sun tarot this week.
Just hope I can find some pics of the cards online cause i got no scanner and my camera sucks.

Scarlet Woodland

Going to focus in on the Tarot of Trees this week as I never seem to get anything done when I pick more than one tarot.

Will stay fluid on the oracle as there should be one in the post soon :)

DaughterOfDanu

I'm going to enjoy my Green Witch Tarot again this week. :)

sweetcherise13

Going to focus in on the Tarot of Trees this week as I never seem to get anything done when I pick more than one tarot.

Will stay fluid on the oracle as there should be one in the post soon :)

I love the Tarot of Trees! Such a beautiful deck. Have you had it long? I would love to hear how your experience is working with it.

Scarlet Woodland

I love the Tarot of Trees! Such a beautiful deck. Have you had it long? I would love to hear how your experience is working with it.

Have had the app for a while but finally got the deck just last week :) Excited to see how well it reads in the flesh, as it were.

Aesthetically it's right up my street. Much as I like the complex, fine detailed and wispier decks; what really grab me are the super saturated, colourful ones where I can see what's going on without reading glasses haha. They just seem to slap me with the truth rather than whispering it coyly ;) Some of the Cups are a bit... meh, for me, but I adore the vast majority of the cards. The Pentacles suit is one of my favourites in any deck.

Haven't gotten around to a lot of readings with the physical deck yet but have used the app a lot for my daily draws and it's been the most accurate of my app decks by a good margin. One thing I have already found with the deck (both phys. and electronic), is it's pretty unflinching about giving warnings or bad news. Actually reminds me quite a bit of the Crystal Visions... looks all sweet and innocent on the surface but it's more than happy to b***h slap you with the 10 of swords when required :D

Am hoping that after a bit of work together this deck will sing to me as well as the Crystal Visions does.

BodhiSeed

I'm in with the Buckland Romani Tarot paired with the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards.
Thanks VG. :)