Ghost Tarot (LoS 2014)

kwirky

Ghost tarot

Hi
I have just bought the deck and am waiting for it to arrive. I bought it because the imagery really drew me in. However, I really liked the concept of how the ghost figures were integrated with the living. It was like the cards reflect the ghosts that we all carry our baggage. I'm excited and can't wait for them to arrive so I can play.
Kwirky

rwcarter

My deck arrived today. All in all I like it. I think it's definitely the best deck Davide Corsi has done to date.

The deck is haunting and ethereal, which I would hope it would be since the theme is ghosts. :p For better or worse, the deck is one to read intuitively as the LWB doesn't really give interpretations. For example, the Lovers card (the image on the front of the box) says
LWB said:
VI - The Lovers: An Embrace that Unites. Every decision may unite or divide. Every road may take you near or far. When you walk together, there must be sentiment to not get lost when faced with forks in the road. Not all sentiments are eternal, but some can be.

The card backs are reversible for those who care about such things. (I don't use reversals, so it doesn't matter to me.) There are no card titles, but Roman numeral at the top and bottom of the card for the Majors and rank at the top and suit emblem at the bottom for the Minors.

My favorite cards on first look through the deck are:
The Lovers
Death
4 Cups
5 Cups
4 Pentacles
5 Wands
8 Wands - there are no wands soaring through the air!
3 Swords - no pierced heart!
10 Swords - he's only stabbed with one sword and his spirit looks back down at him

There are a number of WTF/I don't get it cards in the deck that stray (sometimes far) from RWS imagery:

• The Tower is already destroyed and there are no bodies being ejected from it
  • The Star is pouring both jugs of water into the body of water
  • The guy in the 5 Cups is waving goodbye to his dead love and not paying attention to any of the cups
  • The 9 Cups shows a soldier bending over to take his seated dead bride's hand?
  • 10 Cups shows spirits dancing behind the Grim Reaper along the top of a ridge
  • 5 Pentacles has 7 spirits who appear to be staring up at a castle in the background
  • 6 Pentacles has an old man lovingly hugging a tombstone with the ghost of his younger self and his love embracing behind him
  • 8 Pentacles has a bride kneeling before a tombstone as a ghost preacher appears to be conducting his ceremony
I'm not sure about the Courts yet. The Pages are all huge in terms of their size in the cards. The Knight Swords is the only Knight who's not static.

I'm going to reserve judgment at this point, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. The 80th card, which is usually an other title(s) card is titled "A special Tarot invitation" to join the Tarot Association whose benefits include:

• insider info on the decks
  • online video courses
  • learning the meanings of the secret symbols in the cards
  • preview cards from new decks
  • "Join the worldwide Tarot conversation"
If I'm reading the card correctly, the Tarot Association as part of/affiliated with Tarosophy. If that means what I think it does, that's an interesting partnership indeed....

Rodney

ravynangel

My deck arrived today. All in all I like it. I think it's definitely the best deck Davide Corsi has done to date.

The deck is haunting and ethereal, which I would hope it would be since the theme is ghosts. :p For better or worse, the deck is one to read intuitively as the LWB doesn't really give interpretations. For example, the Lovers card (the image on the front of the box) says

The card backs are reversible for those who care about such things. (I don't use reversals, so it doesn't matter to me.) There are no card titles, but Roman numeral at the top and bottom of the card for the Majors and rank at the top and suit emblem at the bottom for the Minors.

The Lovers
Death
4 Cups
5 Cups
4 Pentacles
5 Wands
10 Swords - he's only stabbed with one sword and his spirit looks back down at him

There are a number of WTF/I don't get it cards in the deck that stray (sometimes far) from RWS imagery:

• The guy in the 5 Cups is waving goodbye to his dead love and not paying attention to any of the cups
  • 5 Pentacles has 7 spirits who appear to be staring up at a castle in the background
  • 6 Pentacles has an old man lovingly hugging a tombstone with the ghost of his younger self and his love embracing behind him
  • 8 Pentacles has a bride kneeling before a tombstone as a ghost preacher appears to be conducting his ceremony
I'm not sure about the Courts yet. The Pages are all huge in terms of their size in the cards. The Knight Swords is the only Knight who's not static.

I'm going to reserve judgment at this point, but I'm going to put it out there anyway. The 80th card, which is usually an other title(s) card is titled "A special Tarot invitation" to join the Tarot Association whose benefits include:

• online video courses
If I'm reading the card correctly, the Tarot Association as part of/affiliated with Tarosophy. If that means what I think it does, that's an interesting partnership indeed....

Rodney

deleted :)

VGimlet

Glad to read all these good reviews. I had it on pre-order and cancelled it a while back because I wasn't sure how the concept was going to go...

So, maybe I'll put it back on the wanted list. :D

danieljuk

thanks for doing a page about it Solandia and your review Rodney.
I was all ready to buy it and like I said in the earlier post it's not my usual deck but it entices me. I like Solandia's phase being "pleasantly surprised" by it. sums it up for me seeing it online. But then in Solandia's review I read the part about it has a theme of romantic gothic (but not horror) and there is an emotional sadness to it.

I wonder what other people think about it. This has made me pause buying it, is it a deck where you do feel sad using it? I am now not sure if it is for me so will read other people's views of it with interest. I know that there is light and dark in decks and I don't want a deck which is made so it's only happy but also not a deck which makes me depressed after a spread ;)

That is weird about that extra card Rodney!

MysticMoonlight

The Lovers
Death
4 Cups
5 Cups
4 Pentacles
5 Wands

• online video courses

Rodney

Thanks so much for sharing this information, Rodney. I'm interested in this deck and drawn to the images I've seen so far but I'm not quite sold on it just yet. This has given me much to mull :)

rwcarter

I just received my notice that it is on its way, so another 7-10 days and I will know. I will know about the book first because I will silly enough to read the first order wrong and purchased the paperback instead of the cards.
There's a companion book for the Ghost Tarot? :confused:

desertrat

There's a companion book for the Ghost Tarot? :confused:
I really doubt it. I've noticed that sometimes card decks get listed as "paperback" for some strange reason.