ADEPT LEVEL; Step SEVEN of 21 Steps To Read A Tarot Card

dadsnook2000

We have enjoyed a holiday vacation, a few of us have explored an alternate exercise, but now it's time to return to our studies.

STEP SEVEN is about each suit's progress relative to the other cards in terms of a story line. Having a story line for each suit helps us in several ways; among them is to reinforce the meaning of any one card by it's neighbor's meanings, another is to be better able to offer clients a sense of context about this card symbol's role in their life.

Some of us have discussed that the newer decks don't seem to have a continuity of meaning such as that of the Waite-Smith and similar tarots. That is not so important as us having a personal story line for our cards. This "story" does not have to follow a logical progression, just to have a convenient story to link the cards within our understanding.

Mary does provide a basic meaning for each number of card which can be used to build upon when we each make up our story.

There are several steps for us to take -- one at a time, all at a time, however you wish to do those steps.
Step 7:2. Develop a story line for one of the suits.
Step 7:3. Write your version of the Fool's journey.
Step 7:4. Place our chosen card into the story line and discuss that place.

Sounds like fun, like all the other steps. Dave

dadsnook2000

Dave's Step 7:2, the story line of Ace to ten

The Fey Tarot has its own distinctions that may make it seem quite different from the Waite-Smith deck. So, I'll first briefly describe each card before doing the story line for the suit of WANDS.

SUIT OF WANDS CARD DESCRIPTIONS
** Ace: A small green Fey kneels on sand, a smile on his face, a small tree sprouting from his back.
** Two: A purple-hued Fey with flame-like wings peers over the rim of a nest that seem like it is a mile high within a tree. A discouraged look is on his/her face.
** Three: A young Fey sits lotus-like gazing at a giant pod sprouting three pods upon a thin stalk. The pods are glowing. A shovel is nearby.
** Four: Several Fey are busy decorating a very large tree trunk with ribbons, bells and trinkets.
** Five: Five various-colored Feys swing and play about a tree.
** Six: An adult Fey rides upon a large tortoise, sitting in a saddle, holding a potted plant while other Fey watch him pass as if in a parade.
** Seven: A Fey with a staff/wand guards a small plant with glowing pods from threatening smokey bat-like creatures flying towards him.
** Eight: A female Fey swings and leaps from branch to branch. She wears ribbons and bells and looks behind her.
** Nine: Two Fey peer out from a large opening in a tree, curious as to what lies outside.
** Ten: A single, young male Fey carries a very large orange/peach fruit upon his back.

STORY LINE:
(Ace) I feel excited about this opportunity to grow a tree from my back. Just think, I might be the first trans-animal-to-plant evolvement ever. What a journey I am upon, a unique moment with un-imaginable moments ahead of me. (Two). On second thought, this is a bit frightening, possibly dangerous. I'm equipped for this but have never taken such a big step as this. (Three) Still, there has to be something truly magical to come out of this. If I watch this in my mind's eye, perhaps my physical involvement will be less upsetting. (Four) My friends are all excited and want to celebrate and support me in this. (Five) I join them in their celebration and happiness for me. (Six) Now, there has to be some attention paid to the task of carrying this "growth" forward, the progress is slow and many will be watching my progress from a serious point of view. (Seven) I didn't foresee having to defend myself and my mission (the plant) from unexpected dangers and threats. However, I will guard my mission from disruption. (Eight) Perhaps its time to abandon the fight and take to flight, instead. Some challenges don't have to be met, just avoided. (Nine) Safe haven, a watchful eye, and soon my journey will be over with. (Ten) For work well done I now have a generous reward which I will share as my reward is far to much for me to deal with alone.

This story, just a mind dump as I type this, suggests that all of life adventures or opportunities should be embarked upon, once chosen, with exhileration and without regard for the apparent steps and experiences one thinks of when starting out. The consequences of ones actions are predictable within a broad sense, but they are also unique and need to be faced, experienced and resolved. As has been said many times, "Its not the destination that is always important, but the journey getting there." Twists and turns, choices of action and the reasons for them, all help us grow and help those we associate with to also grow. Our friends, resources actually, are always there or will always appear when needed. So, in addition to faith in taking the first step, choices available to us, we also have to have faith in all that can and will support us. The rewards for living life are great.

I'll post the next step a bit later. Dave

coyoteblack

Real great job Dave, for a brain dump that was a real cohesive story. I will try and o mine tonight or tomorrow.

dadsnook2000

For coyoteblack

The writing process is based on a method which writers call a "string of pearls". Each card says something. You first find a transition from one pearl to the next pearl. Then you sneak in a small reference to the last pearl.

For example, the first pearl is "I feel excited about this opportunity to grow a tree from my back. Just think, I might be the first trans-animal-to-plant evolvement ever."

The transition is "What a journey I am upon, a unique moment with un-imaginable moments ahead of me."

The next pearl is, "On second thought, this is a bit frightening, possibly dangerous."

The transition statement is a sentence that has something of the first pearl and something of the second pearl within it. I guess it takes awhile to be comfortable with this, but once you do it becomes automatic. No real secret to mind-dumping, just practice. Dave

dadsnook2000

Dave's Step 7:3, the Fools Journey

As in a previous post, I'll briefly describe each of the Fey Tarot cards so that the story-line will make more sense.

CARD DESCRIPTIONS:
** FOOL; The Fool gazes in wonderment at a glowing pumpkin carved as a Jack O'Lantern. He wears a crown with a large keyhole upon his head, and his tunic is covered with all types and sizes of keys.
** MAGICIAN; This Fey is creating a glowing area of light between his spread hands in which one can discern a small mouse-like creature. A similar creature watches him from a cluttered desk.
** SEER (High Priestess); She calmly sits reading a huge book, an arched doorway is behind her with an hourglass carved upon it.
** EMPRESS; A blue-tinted lady Fey sits among a scaled down castle, holding a baby Unicorn in her arms.
** EMPEROR; This regal Fey sits upon a rough stone throne which floats in the air, his sword is stuck in floating rock at his left side, a baby Unicorn sits upon another floating rock at his right side, which he is glancing at out of the side of his eyes.
** WISEST (Hierophant); An older Fey sits upon a giant hourglass reading a long scroll. A large dragon rests at his feet.
** LOVERS; Two different species of Fey are admiring each other despite their very different body structure and appearance.
** CHARIOT; A Fey rides upon a giant, round fruit or vegtable, a frog drives this vehicle drawn by a mouse and a lizard. The Chariot is passing over a small arched bridge on shaky wheels.
** STRENGTH; A satisfied female Fey with a large sword stands near the coils of a huge green snake which is all tied up with a rope.
** HERMIT; A Fey with top hat and long-coat holds a lantern as he steps down a flight of stairs. Other stair ways twist around him, leading up, being upside down. Doors and windows are scattered about within a very topsy turvy structure of some bewildering design.
** WHEEL; An adult Fey and an older Fey sit on a floor arranging a small village, toy-like, along a spiral road. Houses, trees and Fey are included in the set of game-toy pieces.
** JUSTICE; A white-eyed (blind?) young Fey sits before a suggestion of buildings, levitating a glowing feather between her extended hands. A third eye is painted upon her forehead.
** HANGED MAN; A teen-aged male Fey has plunged down to the sea-bed and has found an artifact and several strange fish who are observing him.
** DEATH; An adult Fey with one green and one red eye looks over a table with a circular chess board. His dark pieces surround a gold King piece in the chess board's center.
** TEMPERANCE; A pale green Fey lady stands hip-deep in water, two smoke pots on pole flank her, several small orange fish swim in the air about her.
** DEVIL; A large horned beast, his back on fire, uproots trees and is eating them.
** TOWER; A square brick tower appears to be high among the clouds in mid air, Pterodactyl-like creatures fly about, bricks fall from the bottom, while a Fey leans out a window observing the situation.
** STARS; A lovely Fey gazes at the night sky about her from a balcony above a village.
** MOON; a Fey in traveling clothes holds a staff with a large sickle moon at the tip. He/she gazes at a very large full moon.
** SUN; A male Fey reclines on a sunny hillside enjoying the Sun's rays and clean air.
** JUDGEMENT; A lady artist (Human, not a Fey) rests her head upon her arms at her work table. Her completed and half-drawn Fey figures dance about her.
** WORLD; A giant snail glide across the solar system carrying a castle, village and green hill upon its back. A orange dragon sits upon one of the castle towers looking down at the village.

One cannot say that the Fey Tarot is not unique in its symbology.

FOOL's JOURNEY

(Fool) I start my journey, immediately encountering the most amazing and unexpected item. I wonder if my head can deal with situations like this if all my journey follows suit. (Magician) I next encounter another overwhelming situation -- a Fey is creating glowing creatures out of thin air. Was I supposed to do something with the glowing pumpkin I first encountered? (Seer) Nearby was a lady reading a large book. She wouldn't answer my many questions, but glanced at the door behind her.

(Empress) Peeking through the door I say a lovely lady holding a Unicorn, sitting among a child-size play castle. This journey was presenting all kinds of creatures that I hadn't seen before. Could I have one to take along with me? I asked out loud. (Emperor) "No" boomed a loud voice above me. An assured Emperor floated there, his sword and another horned creature floating nearby. His very presence seemed to finalize his command. I continued on, alone.

(Wisest) I abruptly halted before an old Fey upon an hourglass. I wasn't afraid of him but the large dragon resting at his feet was eying me closely. From some distance I cried out, "Do you have any advice for me?" "Continue and observe" was the curt answer. (Lovers) Well, there was much to observe. As I continued on my way three strange sights could be seen. (Lovers) Two very strange Feys, very unlike other Fey and very unlike each other were admiring each other, oblivious to my presence. (Chariot) Coming towards us was a large fruit-carriage driven by a frog, pulled by a mouse and lizard, making its rickety way towards me. (Strength) Beside the road another Fey was standing next to a large reptile, its coils bound by ropes. This creature was also eying me, but was unable to actually threaten me. Well, I tried to make sense of the two strange Fey, the unusual carriage, and the meaning of the tied-up snake, but nothing made sense. I could observe but I couldn't understand.

(Hermit) I found a doorway in a building at a bend in the road. Entering to look for some peace from the confusion outside, I found my self traveling down stairs. Other stairs went up, twisted, and circled around -- all going nowhere and somewhere at the same time. More confusion. I was lost. (Wheel) Stumbling out the nearest doorway, I found two ladies laying out a toy sized village of real Fey, trees and houses. They were arranging their world as they wanted it to be. (Justice) Something made me pause. What was I really observing here? I had seen nothing but confusion and newness. Now I was seeing things in a different perspective, seeing that life could be arranged. I knew I had to look at things differently if I was to understand this.

(Hanged Man) I realized that I had to be willing to immerse myself in my new experiences. Only by being part of what I experienced it could I plunge to new understanding. (Death) But, did I dare to risk all. What if it didn't work out? A quiet Fey stood nearby. "What do you have to lose?" he asked. (Temperance) "Yes, you have to have a bit of faith and a willingness to just walk into something to experience it up close" this lady said. She seemed to be half Fey, half water creature. "Experiences can change you." (Devil) I turned to sit down and think about this, noticing a hideous creature tearing up and eating trees, his body covered in flames which he didn't seem to feel. What purpose was his existence, ceaselessly eating living plants? What was my purpose if I just observed and didn't want to experience something new?

(Tower) I continued on and beheld a tower rising into the air, disassembling as it rose. A Fey looked at me from a window, unconcerned about the tower's strange behavior. (Stars) Looking about for a way to help, I say a lady upon a balcony gazing at the stars in the sky. The universe was mysterious but also viewable, seeking to impress me to gain perspective and hope. (Moon) I sat down and gazed at the timeless Moon. No matter what changed on the Earth below, the Moon continued along with its own business. It was also observing, but it took its own path through a constantly changing sky.

(Sun). So, I decided to trust my world and enjoy it for what it was. I stretched out in the Sun and let the light wash over me. (Judgement) As I lay there, I also dozed off. The creatures I had experienced danced out of their waking context and interacted with me. Understanding came. (World) Upon waking, I found myself in a new universe, being carried along within a new world, not caring so much about where I was going as much as experiencing and being part of what came to me.

COMMENTS

I loved the way these cards just fit so nicely, for me, into a story. Every Fool's journey is the same and different. Same; in that it should lead to new concepts and opportunities to grow and change. Different; in that it will reflect who and what we are, presenting just what we need to be challenged with so that we may elect to follow paths of our choosing for our benefit.
Dave

dadsnook2000

Dave's step 7:4

My chosen card for this ADEPT level is the HERMIT. I have copied the statements I made in the Fools Journey about the card before (Strength), my chosen card (Hermit) and the following card (Wheel).

(Strength) Beside the road another Fey was standing next to a large reptile, its coils bound by ropes. This creature was also eying me, but was unable to actually threaten me. Well, I tried to make sense of the two strange Fey, the unusual carriage, and the meaning of the tied-up snake, but nothing made sense. I could observe but I couldn't understand.

(Hermit) I found a doorway in a building at a bend in the road. Entering to look for some peace from the confusion outside, I found my self traveling down stairs. Other stairs went up, twisted, and circled around -- all going nowhere and somewhere at the same time. More confusion. I was lost.

(Wheel) Stumbling out the nearest doorway, I found two ladies laying out a toy sized village of real Fey, trees and houses. They were arranging their world as they wanted it to be.

It is fascinating to see how my prior-chosen card fit within this story and how it could be related to so much of my present life. The Hermit, as I've described him, is at the tipping point between the Fool's attempts to discover and cope with the world he finds and the following portion of the journey where awareness of his power to shape his world begins to emerge within his consciousness.

This power to shape a world actually comes from the self-granted freedom to "visualize and imagine" what could-be, what needs-to-be. The Hermit comes to grasp this, an exciting time for him as he literally turns the corner from a confusing situation (the maze of stairways) and finds the awareness that he can shape and arrange his world.

We all pass through phases of life, often we operate within a multitude of overlapping and interlocked phases, some starting, some ending, some are just being experienced. I can identify with the Hermit at this point in the overall Fool's Journey. And I know that it is possible to envision change -- it's just that we, I, sometimes forget that power that we all have. This exercise is just a gentle reminder that is much appreciated. Dave

squeakmo9

Step 7:2. Develop a story line for one of the suits.
Using Victorian Romantic
Wands…

Lady Worthington (2 of Wands) stood proudly, apparently adoring God’s good nature, apparently. The day shone brightly (Ace of Wands) as she gazed into the distance, but it was something else that had caught her mind's eye(3 of Wands).
Little did she know that memory lived in the now.
For miles apart, as her thoughts and his feelings converged, the past, present, and future became one (Ace of Wands).
They had met at a street fair (4 of wands) where all sorts of calamity ruled the day’s festivities. People mingled about, drank far too much, and got into fights (5 of Wands). It was at one such fight that she felt herself falling. You see, in her haste to exit the mad mob, she tripped. In the nick of time a firm hand met her own just as the pavement came to meet her face.
That was the first she saw her soldier boy (6 of Wands). He quickly introduced himself as Richard.
Richard’s regimen, having just arrived, broke for a spell. While milling about, he spotted her, and came to her rescue.
He had a far away look to him, which Lady Worthington found fascinating. Something felt so familiar about these new moments, and they fell easily into conversation. It would be these few moments she would cherish for all times. He spoke of previous battles (7 of Wands), his face flush red (8 of Wands) as he recounted the heroic feats of his ragtag regimen.
Richard felt himself immediately drawn (8 of Wands) to Lady Worthington, enough so as to tell her of his misgivings about the nature of battle.
There were times when his captain’s orders seemed questionable, making him doubt (9 of Wands) as to why he should fight. Injustice was the reason he joined, he felt inspired (Ace of Wands), but there were times that right seemed wrong and vice versa. This wore on him (10 of Wands) with each passing battle.
Already they had known each other a handful of hours, enough to know that she wanted more (Page of Wands). Indeed, Lady Worthington knew very well her own mind (Queen of Wands) and boldly invited Richard to dine with her at her home. Having no more than a day to do as he wished, he gladly accepted her generous offer.
Upon their arrival, they were greeted by Lord Worthington (King of Wands), her father. He had a great respect for the military, having seen action himself. It was a pleasant evening spent with good food, music, and company. It was the wee small hours of the morning when Lord Worthington retired, and in so doing wished Richard Godspeed for his journey back into battle.
They stood on the balcony, the Lady and her soldier, overlooking the garden, knowing the hours were growing closer to his departure (Knight of Wands). There were no promises that Richard wished to make to Lady Worthington, none that he could guarantee. She knew this intuitively as she took his hand and watched the sun come up (Ace of Wands).
No promises she thought as she stood alone and the sun shone brightly upon her lovely garden, no promises (Knight of Wands).

Attachments

• rsz_wa1.jpg
    rsz_wa1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 141
  • rsz_wa2.jpg
    rsz_wa2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 131
  • rsz_wa3.jpg
    rsz_wa3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 133

dadsnook2000

For Squeaks

I liked your story and the freedom you took by using the cards out of sequence to fit the narrative. I like also that you included the illustrations so that we could see how the cards fit the story. Just visualizing a deck like the Waite- Smith deck wouldn't have cut it. Am looking forward to your Fool's Journey. Dave

squeakmo9

The Fool's Journey...

Step 7:3. Write your version of the Fool's journey.

Using Victorian Romantic…

The darling of the vaudeville circuit, Gloria Simpleton, was simply adored by the general public. It was this propensity she had for doing a number of balancing acts in quick succession that were her specialty. Considering that Gloria had more gumption than education, she did very well for herself. The turnaround time from town to town was just as fast. The days would roll by without so much a thought as to where her and her troop were going or had been.
Such a grind would often be followed by a night out with her fellow performers to what seemed to be the same exact watering hole, regardless of town. This had become habit in the last few months and Gloria was becoming strangely tired. One given evening, after her show, she decided to leave the old gang behind, and wonder around alone. Perhaps a quiet walk would do her some good.
Within a block or two of her walk she saw a sign: “The Great Zeal!” and just below that, in smaller letters, “apothecary”.
Zeal is exactly what she needed, she thought, and as she looked in, she could see a faint light glowing within. Before she could put fist to door, a voice shouted: “come in!”
Weird, she thought, as she hadn’t knocked. Slowly, she made her way through an endless collection of goat heads and jars, eek.
Zeal Mostiev (The Magician) was a great big man wearing a fine red rob, his silky platinum beard seem to suit his fine gentle face. His voice was as rich and deep as his appearance.
“Hello, my dear, please come in”. Crazy, thought Gloria, just crazy, but, perhaps, good crazy. She sat before Zeal’s huge desk, and spoke simply by lantern light. Zeal moved in to take a closer look at Gloria’s face. “Your eyes, my dear…uuumm, yes”. He knew what she needed. “One so young shouldn’t be so tired” he spoke. Gloria didn’t know how Zeal could have known this but did. She felt at once shock and relief. Zeal handed her a small vial of what looked like water. Tiny were its contents, but how could she trust this strange old man. “You don’t have to stay here, my dear, you can take it when you are in the safety of your home”.
Then Gloria thought, she doesn’t have a home. Zeal’s face looked gentle enough. At once she popped the vial open and took a shot. Nothing happened. “Hey, now, old man, where is the magic? I feel nothing!” Gloria insisted.
“So, no payment then, my dear, no payment, you are free to go.”
Such disappointment, Gloria thought as she left, and now feeling more tired with every moment. She made her way to her hotel room, and as she reclined on the chase lounge she saw smoke. It quickly began to engulf the whole room. Good god, she thought, a fire! The smoke was peculiar, as it did not make Gloria loose breath.
The lady (The High Priestess) was half-dressed, revealing herself as the smoke wrapped around her. No words came from her mouth and yet they were clear: “why have you left, Gloria, what is it you look for?”
Gloria pinched at her own face and felt as alert as ever, if never. The woman’s voice registered something within. She thought and answered: “I’m looking for rest, for happiness.” At once she found herself out of the smoke and into a beautiful garden. A mother there tending to, what appeared to be, children. The kids were odd for they had wings. What woman (The Empress) would be so well-equipped to tend to angels? The High Priestess continued to speak in Gloria’s heart.
The words melted into her, knowingly: “Tenderness is of a high nature, witness it as you will, and give it forth freely.”
In a flash, Gloria found herself in the court of a great man (The Emperor). He sat silently before her. All Gloria could think was if this man could see her. She was unaccustomed to being ignored. The High Priestess’ voice remained: “concentrate to hear his words.”
Emperor Migato looked rather stern, he knew that the commencement of war was at hand. Happiness is not a thing to be chased, some sacrifice will have to be made. Something must die in order for another to be born. To be born. It was strange how Gloria could simply gain access to this man’s mind, and feel his story in her totality. Now she understood what it meant to take care, as her parents once told her. The same parents she constantly rebelled against. Gloria understood that she had lacked something in the giving, and what of the giving, what of the sharing?
The Emperor’s court turned into in a small drawing room. A teacher (The Hierophant) and his pupils, quietly sat on the floor, speaking in low tones.
The man looked kindly upon his students as they reviewed some important teachings. “It is far better that you remember the Laws of Nature” he said. She felt as if the words were not so much for the children as for herself. But what of the giving, she thought, how could she give?
With that Gloria found herself in another garden, yet again. A young couple (The Lovers) stood alone, hand in hand. Vows were exchanged silently. Gloria could feel their great love and commitment to each other and to themselves. What could all this mean, Gloria thought, and at what speed it touched her. From the garden, she found that the ground had suddenly gone, and upon a flying Chariot she sat. The wind whipped at her face when one of the ladies acknowledged her presence. This had been a first since the High Priestess, and how refreshing to be seen again. “My dear, you are here with my sisters and we, all, are to deliver this little soul to destination. A tiny beam of light, a speck really, sat in the woman’s hand.
No words were spoken after that, but Gloria knew that great things were about to happen. A child would be born to that lovely young couple in the garden. This little beam of light, traveling at a great speed, from a great distance to give something. Gloria never realized the intricate trouble one would take to simply be born and felt a great reverence for her own life. At once she closed her eyes, and when opened, she felt herself becoming ether. Feeling herself expelled in and thrown to an adjacent wall, she looked behind and realized she had been expelled from the mouth of a ferocious lion (Strength). “You cannot give what you do not have” the High Priestess voice remained. “There is power in restraint and silence”. As the word “silence” seem to linger, Gloria found herself on the banks of a great river. Please sit, a voice said, and so she did upon a sturdy rock. To her left a very skinny, old man ( The Hermit) sat in a burgundy cloak. They both looked upon the river as the old man spoke of the duty of silence. She never thought much about it as he handed her his hourglass. The words “renewal” came to her. Just as the day retires to night, all is renewed. Away she went, this time she would be greeted by the sound of chirping birds in a cage.
The time it passes as is the Law of this place, and circumstance does change as people must. A young man in strange garb rested upon the grass, looking lovingly upon his catch. Strange birdcatcher, what is it that he seeks, she thought. “It is not what he seeks as much as what seeks him” the High Priestess whispered, and what seeked him was responsibility to his country. A new King would soon take reign. How can one so gentle, be King? Reluctantly, she left and was lead to another happening of sorts. The visions were growing wilder and more fearful, but something in Gloria remained objective. Now she knew she was on a journey she simply could not wake up from. One that had taken hold of her for a reason, hopefully. She would follow it through without resisting, without fear.

What a sight came upon her of biblical proportions (Justice), an angel and a falling man, except his decent somehow slowed. It looked as if she had come upon a three dimensional portrait. What did this mean? Why this vision? The angel turned to her and asked: “do you see my scales?” Gloria nodded yes. “They are now in balance.” The man, Gloria asked, what of the man? “he will hang”, the angel replied. Suddenly a voice yelled over to her, but from behind: “youwhoo.” Gloria turned without wanting to, because she had more questions for this angel, and as she did she found herself under a bridge.
To her horror a man hung from its over hang (The Hanged Man), clear in front of her, “youwhoo” he said, not looking particularly upset. Now you see what has become of me said the man. Do not wonder young lady, for I see better than you. Gloria wondered how he could see at all since his eyes remained shut. Takes more than eyes to see deary, the Hanged Man said and laughed. Do you believe what you see behind you, he asked as he continued to laugh. With that Gloria turned, thinking of the angel, but seeing what looked like the very bowels of purgatory (Death). With that, she let out a horrendous scream! It looked like agony, but she felt nothing, heard nothing, and no one noticed being observed. Not even Death itself. She closed her eyes, not wanting to see anymore, enough, she thought, enough! That old man poisoned her, for free, for what, why? A familiar sensation took her by surprise, and at her fingertips she felt water. A greater sensation took her body, as if she was lying on her back, a motion took over. She opened her eyes and a beautiful angel (Temperance) comprised her view. You need to rest said the angel, so rest with me. Gloria wanted to speak but felt she didn’t have to. The angel knew of all that she had seen and would see. She was indeed at the bottom of a boat, the angel stirring. The stars glittered through the night sky, she felt very calm and peaceful. “Am I dead” she asked. The angel just smiled at her as if to say-what do you think? Gloria hadn’t heard the High Priestess’ voice for what seemed an eternity. The angel made her feel as if that was the way it was meant to be. Her own voice would speak and guide her now. She knew there would be more and closed her eyes once again.
“Wake up, Gloria, wake up!” she was awakened by her friend Lill Shwartz. Good ‘ole Lill, ready as ever in her bat costume (The Devil), ready to take a pic, sing a song, and charm the pants off any well-groom gent. “my goodness Glo, that must have been quite a party you bumped into, and without invitin’ your gurl, Lill!…Come on, get dressed me lassie!!!”
Gloria sat quietly on the corner of her bed, found herself in the safety of her loathsome hotel room, but felt a deep relief. She felt as if parts of her had been ripped, if unwillingly, apart (The Tower). She felt a wreck, and yet replinished (The Star). How long had she been asleep? It seemed like for days. Whether Lill knew it or not, there would be no more performances tonight or any night. The Moon was out and she needed a breath of fresh air. In gazing up at the moon, it appeared as if the night had become blue and it enveloped her. A breeze washed over her sweaty face. Now she could think of the dream, and of her reality. What did it all mean? Whatever the meaning, the dream meant so very much at this very moment. Deep within her being, she knew the weariness was gone (The Sun), she felt strangely safe wondering why, and knew, intrinsically, she must move on (Judgement). Away from the harried life she had built. There was something more that she wanted, but at this moment, she did not know what. There was more to see of this World, more to know that did not involve what she was, who she was, and where she came from. Inexplicably nothing could bind her as before, the night air felt good, and a new sense of tomorrow filled her with hope.

Attachments

• rsz_ma1.jpg
    rsz_ma1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 126
  • rsz_ma2.jpg
    rsz_ma2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 136
  • rsz_ma3.jpg
    rsz_ma3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 124
  • rsz_ma4.jpg
    rsz_ma4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 151

squeakmo9

For Dave...

dadsnook2000 said:
COMMENTS

I loved the way these cards just fit so nicely, for me, into a story. Every Fool's journey is the same and different. Same; in that it should lead to new concepts and opportunities to grow and change. Different; in that it will reflect who and what we are, presenting just what we need to be challenged with so that we may elect to follow paths of our choosing for our benefit.
Dave

I agree this certainly felt like a journey, and I also had more questions than answers. Suppose that is what such a journey is meant to be, to ponder more than anything...well for me anyway. Your Fey deck sounds very unique and fun Dave, perhaps I will give some thought to it as a future purchase:)
I really enjoyed this sub-step-thanks!