ADEPT LEVEL; Step SEVEN of 21 Steps To Read A Tarot Card

squeakmo9

Step 7:4. Place our chosen card into the story line and discuss that place.

My card for this Adept study is the 4 of Wands from the Victorian Romantic. Scans of these can be found in exercise 7:2.

Originally the 4 of Wands was simply a point of meeting for my characters from exercise 7:2. It was a street fair. While the 3 of Wands was where both characters thoughts & feelings joined. The 5 of Wands the actual moment of contact. So, for me, the 4 of Wands is a place. It is almost as if something has physically manifested as a result of the 3 of Wands. The 5 of Wands is the force of the actual happening. These days, personally speaking, I am trying to be aware of my thoughts and feelings. To be aware as to my general discomfort in regards to the people and situations I interact with. Although this may sound a simple thing to do, for me, it never has been. I have been the type of person to brush my concerns, doubts aside in favor of a relationship/friendship to work or remain "harmonious". I do not wish to disregard myself any longer. So, in order to change, I am trying to be more aware of how I feel at any given moment and honor it. This is work for me, and I do it in small instances. Practice, practice, practice. The 3 of Wands makes me feel that it all starts in my head and heart. Then I find myself in everyday activities (4 of Wands), meeting different people, different situations, daily. The 5 of Wands is how I interact. As I said, it is work for me and I tend to be on the defensive, initially. This 5 can make things interesting, and seems to prove more a learning experience rather than an actual fight. I think it is the challenge of approaching an unknown situation knowing all that I carry with me.
This has proven to be a very interesting and enjoyable step. I am beginning to understand this VR 4 of Wands, gradually.

dadsnook2000

Anyone else doing this step?

We've been on this step for a week. I recognize that not everyone will take on every step, but I intend to start step eight pretty soon unless someone asks to wait a bit. Dave

Jewel

Adept Level - Step 7

STEP 7: SYNTHESIS
DECK: Fantastic Menagerie
CARD: The Moon

ACTIVITY 7:2 Synthesizing the story line of the Suit of Coins from the Fantastic Menagerie using my number and suit key words together with details from the pictures of the cards.

Grandville’s Les Metamorphoses Du Jour, the artwork from which this deck was created, is based on Grandville’s observation of society. In keeping with that, this exercise will focus on the society of the “Kingdom of Coins” and its inhabitants. The court cards are included at the end, as specific individuals within the society, but are not part of the story line running through the suit.

KEY WORDS USED FOR COINS: the physical and material, craftsmanship, security.

KEY WORDS USED FOR NUMBERS AND COURT CARDS:
Aces: beginnings
Twos: duality
Threes: creativity
Fours: manifestation
Fives: consequences
Six’s: pleasure
Sevens: focus
Eights: surrender
Nines: transformation
Tens: culmination
Pages: apprentices
Knights: gallant ones
Queens: wisdom
Kings: authority

THE KINGDOM OF COINS:

ACE: For the most part, the Kingdom of Coins is a relatively wealthy society, though there are poor and marginal sorts that inhabit it. But as it goes for most, as shown in the ace, they are born into a secure nurturing world where someone – like the lizard nanny – cares for them to ensure their physical wellbeing, and that they have a good beginning in life that will help them reach their full potential in the solid sphere of earth.

TWO: From a young age, the inhabitants of this kingdom learn the importance of balance and the duality that exists in choices. For example, they perform tightrope exhibitions showing the elegant and delicate art of balance in physical form. If Mr. Grasshopper where to have a missed step and fall he might get himself hurt and possibly even hurt the spectators. One wrong step and he falls, keeping his balance shows him as poised and someone to admire and look up to. Walking the tightrope makes him look at the duality (fall/not fall) of his choices as he takes each step – hence he uses a reed to assist him in maintaining his equilibrium, a sound choice!

THREE: the physical and material is also revered in this kingdom as exemplified by the creativity of its architects and craftsman. There is a spirit of collaboration, cooperation, and pride, as shown by the continual involvement of all players, in the building process and in beautifying the kingdom.

FOUR: In the lower socio-economic echelons of the Kingdom, you see the manifestations of the reality of all kingdoms. There will always be a division of classes, and there is even more emphasis on the material when one has lees, and apparently less willingness to share. For example, in the card there is a Rat Man that owns a very large ball cheese, it is so big he can even sit in it. As another rat man approaches him, the rat man with the cheese tries to play down the size of his cheese in a gesture to explain why he cannot share. There is also a mother rat with her two children, and she seems to be watching the scene and showing her little rats that the cheese rat man is not a very good example, and they are not to grow up to be like him.

FIVE: On the outskirts of the Kingdom, there is an even more pathetic scene. Some of the undesirables elements of society have robbed the chicken coop and stolen some eggs from gentle Ms. Hen. Talk about undermining the security of Ms. Hen’s coop and the physical wellbeing of its inhabitants! The consequences of this theft are dire for Ms. Hen, as the fax thieves are in the process of cracking the eggs and cooking her chicks. She pleads with them, but they simply ignore her. One can only hope that they will pay the consequences for their actions!

SIX: But just as there is harshness, there is kindness between species that are traditionally seen as prey and predators. In the well to do neighborhoods you can find Mr. Cat handing out candy to the little ratlings that live in his neighborhood, which is characterized by lovely well tended gardens and finely clothed citizens.

SEVEN: Speaking of pride, we cannot forget the Kingdom restaurants. Cat O’Malley’s is one such restaurant. Running a restaurant is not easy and requires a lot of focus on customers and employees alike. To ensure good service, and the maintenance of hygiene standards, he has to ensure that employees don’t just take a lick at the leg of lamb if they think they can get away with it or want to teach a customer a lesson! Looks like Mr. O’Malley has one such employee in the red cap dog, and he is not happy about it.

EIGHT: Aside from the restaurants and neighborhoods, the Kingdom of Coins also boasts some real musical talent. Often times you can find gatherings of musicians surrendering their daily troubles to the beautiful music they make. A real show of excellence and craftsmanship.

NINE: Music is not only for stage and street performers. The Kingdom of Coins is one that promotes the development of talents of all sorts, and in the upper echelon of society the young ladies often take on learning music. Success breeds inspiration, and this can certainly turn into music that transcends the material. Financial security has a way of making life easier and allowing one the time to engage in such activities, as well as to obtain the best training. Just look at Ms. Longear singing at her home piano if you want to see what I mean. She celebrates life with her song, and celebrates all that she is. She is happy and comfortable and secure. Nothing can touch her, particularly when she is playing her piano. Lost in her music she transcends the mundane.

TEN: At the end of the day though, what you find in the Kingdom of Coins is a real sense of belonging, community, and security. It is as if there was a magical Cockroach Conductor leading the symphony that is their lives. A place where beetles preside over moth weddings, and where earth magic is just a normal part of life.

What about the rulers of this Kingdom you ask? Well lets talk about them a little, shall we?

PAGE: First we have Jeremy the Cockoteel. He is an apprentice at Brown Bear print shop. As most members of this kingdom he is a hard worker, who loves and takes pride in his trade. A real student. He is young, but dependable and mature for his age. He has goals and is willing to work hard to reach them. Salt of the earth this one.

KNIGHT: Then there is the gallant Sir Turkey. He is steady as a rock, a good listener, but a bit impulsive at times. Though very steady, this one will gobble if things don’t stay on track – that being the track he perceives is the right one!

QUEEN: Queen Bird is as balanced as they come. She is practical, sensible, nurturing and wise. Not to mention a fabulous mother, wife, sister, daughter, and friend. She is kind and generous and fair. A great one to consult when one needs advice.

KING: King Leopard is well …. actually quite nice, funny, and perhaps a bit high maintenance. He does like to sit and bask in luxury, and does expect everyone to respect his authority, but overall he is quite jovial and fair. He sometimes gets a bit bogged down thinking, but considering that he has a kingdom to run that is to be expected. Though sterner than Queen Bird, he does care deeply for his subjects and does try to rule in a manner that is fair.

I hope you have enjoyed this little glimpse of the Kingdom of Coins.

Jewel

Adept Level - Step 7 continued ...

ADEPT STEP 7 CONTINUED ….

ACTIVITY 7:3 – The Journey of the Fool:

Ahhhhhhhh … an adventure you say? Yes indeed! At Zero we start. The young lion hungry to explore the world. All his worldly possessions on his person. A staff to steady his journey, a spy glass to see beyond, an umbrella in case it rains, a cap to protect his head from the sun or keep it warm at night, a satchel which I am sure contains his tarot decks and copy of 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card, and a backpack with other supplies he needs to survive. Best of all though, he has a companion, a more cautious companion that himself, to watch his step. He may not know where he is going, but he is prepared! We call him The Fool.

On his journey, he first meets the Magician. A charismatic character. A clever, communicative ape man, that can enthrall an audience and with his personal magic create visions and set people on quests. He has a strong will and knows how to direct it to get the results he wants. Just one note of caution on this character, he has the ability to sell you the shoes on your own feet if you are not careful. He can create illusion out of thin air.

As he moves along the landscape, he meets the High Priestess. She is a quiet mysterious sort, and a repository of hidden lore. She is part of this world and part of the other world at the same time. She is secretive yet seems to merge and flow like water. Much can be learned from her quiet demeanor. She is most definitely a teacher, but I am sure most lessons come in riddles!

Moving right along, the Fool encounters the beloved Hummingbird Empress. She personifies the beauty, grace, and nurturance of this earth. Through her the Fool learns much about the beauty of life, creation, and how to help it all thrive.

Equipped with the first three lessons, the Fool is ready to meet the Emperor. Like the Fool, the Emperor is a lion, but much older and wiser. His pride is the world and he reigns with courage, passion, and optimism. He has great hopes for his cubs, and has no problem keeping them in line when needed. He is a natural leader.

Along with rulers come institutions (Hierophant) to mold the populace. But the Fool must always remember where he has been, and what he has learned from those cards he encountered before in order to put this one into true perspective. On the positive side these institutions help create order and structure. One is not to follow blindly as if there backs are turned away from the world. Listen and learn.

As the Fool moves on down the road he meets The Lovers. They teach him that they are more than about emotional love, but that they are about communication, choices, and that at times charm can override common sense. The world is not always fair and neither are people. Communication is key to all types of relationships. Thinking about what you are doing, and how it will impact others before doing it are also sound pieces of advice they can give you.

The final conscious lesson the Fool will learn on this journey is that of the Chariot. This lesson requires knowledge of the preceding 6 cards to really be clear. The lesson is will power. The drive to persevere and succeed. Will power must be nurtured and not be confused with being stubborn. It must be nurtured like the gorgeous roses on the FM Chariot card, and seen through regardless of speed (as the charioteers on the card) – speed is not always the deciding factor in a victory. Think, plan, direct, merge and flow.

The first lesson the unconscious is that of Strength. What is strength really? As the Fool approaches this card he sees the bee playing with the lion. I am quite sure this scene has to be confusing for the Fool. But the lesson of the bee and the lion is that strength comes from putting the first 7 pieces of this journey together. With passion, energy, desire and will we can possess both inner and outer strength and fortitude. Even in surrender there is strength as shown by the lion. This is not surrender as in “giving up”, but surrender of the ego, of thinking one has to always be the toughest cat on the block.

The Hermit will then show the Fool the power of introspection. To find the answers to life from within. To trust the skills he has learned in cards 1-7 and the fortitude has learned in the 8. He will show him that the beacon of light emerges from within, and that is where transformation becomes reality … how a caterpillar becomes a butterfly. He retires into his cocoon then emerges transformed.

Now, what of the fact that we cannot control everything? Well here is where the Fool encounters MS. Owl the fortune teller. She teaches the Fool that ups and downs are a natural part of life, that peaks and valleys will always be there, but that it is cyclical (as demonstrated by her assistant the little bird rolling the round hoop around). The is to think through the rough times and be proactive in moving the cycle along. Another important lesson is that what comes around goes around. Using the Tarot cards, as she does is one way to get a different perspective on a situation so one can be proactive and/or try to influence the situation so that it has the most desireable outcome. We cannot control it, but we don’t have to just sit there either!

Speaking of coming around, and going around, lets talk about accountability and responsibility, which is the next lesson the Fool will learn when he encounters Justice. The skills and social workings the Fool learned in the first third of his adventure (cards 1-7) – related to the conscious mind, and the first three lessons of this second leg of his journey – related to the unconscious mind, will all serve him well in learning to apply Justice, to balance the scales. The FM uses a court room setting to show these things to the Fool, and to show him the duality that can sadly be found in its application. On one hand, you have a unicorn justice and a dog justice – standing for truth and loyalty respectively. One the other hand you have the wolf and fox justices – cunning the pair of them!

So what is up with that idiot hanging upside down playing the violin? – wonders the Fool as he approaches. “Well my good fellow, I am taking a break from the world, and with this new perspective I am creating new music, a music of my very own, as I hear it in my soul.” The Hanged Buck is a feeling, flowing sort who has tapped into his own soul, which has strengthened his resolve to just be himself and has brought him a new way of seeing things. This change in perspective, has unconsciously re-invented who he is now that he really understands himself. His lesson to the Fool is that one must dance to their own music in the fashion they see best fit.

And so it comes to be that the Fool meet Crane Death. Crane Death is crowned with leaves and wears a regal cape. He is the embodiment of transformation. From the Hanged Buck to Crane Death the Fool can literally see the change (no more horns and now a long beak!) Crane Death marches ahead with an inner peace and confidence. Like the Emperor he seems to rule in a relaxed, confident manner. He marks the end of the journey behind him, and walks to the adventures that lie ahead. The frogs in his path fear him because for them he can mean a true physical end, but in a metaphorical sense he simply about real endings and acceptance of those endings which then lead to rebirth.

Leaving Crane Death, the Fool moves onto the last teacher of this row of Major Arcana, Temperance the Angel Cat. With all of his previous lessons well ingrained and learned, Angel Cat Temperance now starts to mix the elixir of life. Blending all his wisdom and knowledge. Angel Cat Temperance is blending all of his lessons to find the truth of life. What kind of lesson does the Fool learn here? Well he learns that life is an alchemical process, what you mix is what you end up with. This is the end of the second leg of the Fool’s journey.

The lessons at the superconscious level begin with The Devil. Though more than a bit frightening, Ms. Kitty seems to also find the Devil alluring. There is something very exciting and attractive about him, the wings perhaps. That simply make this bad boy tempting. But herein lies the lesson. If all of Ms. Kittie’s bells, whistle’s and ref flags are going odd – as they surely must be – then all those lessons from the previous 14 cards are coming back to her and she knows it is best to walk away. The lesson here for the Fool is about making the right choices and decisions when truly tempted to do otherwise. Doing what is right is not always easy, specially if there is something personally tempting lying in your path.

The lesson the Fool is to learn from the Tower is a challenging one. Here, we see how the clouds build up and explode suddenly unleashing lightening that can cause destruction and fear. We are faced with a sudden event that is life changing. It is a situation he will have to react to, a situation that could be good or bad, but regardless will be life changing and disruptive. This will be a moment in life where he might experience a paradigm shift. For example, one sees the Wolf running away from Ewe he has rescued from the tower that was struck by lightning. Her life will never be the same … she might be wolf food, or she might see the goodness in the wolf. Either scenario will be life changing for her. The lesson for the Fool is that when a Tower event happened, and this can be a spiritual event as well, the only thing one will know for certain is that things will truly be different from that point forward.

The Star, which follows the challenges of the Tower, is the clam after the storm. The light at the end of the tunnel. The place deep within us where we can regroup. There is a tranquility and sense of peace at this stage of the Fool’s journey; a place of regeneration and spiritual progress. The Fool can see how the Ibis Woman in this card becomes one with nature realizing and truly feeling her plan within it. The Star is station of the journey where we replenish our energies to go forward and gain a true sense of self and where we fit in to get us through whatever comes ahead and at peace with what is now behind us. It is a lesson of hope and of self.

Following this enlightening experience, the Fool meets The Moon. Just as the Ibis Woman bathes us light, peace, and sense of being part of something so much larger than ourselves, the Moon intoxicates us. There is something very seductive and romantic, and at times frightening about nighttime. The influence of the moon itself on our planet is one shrouded in mystery and one of magnetic pull. The key to this lesson is learning to see through the illusion of night, have the eyesight and wisdom of the owl to navigate through it. To transcend the night and its secrecy and to be able to see through the illusion and visions we have in this phase of our journey. But with all this secrecy and mystery there also comes inspiration, creative, and the pull of our instincts. All of which we can put to good use. So if the Fool can learn to see like the owl, he can attune to his intuition and come out on the other side with some very interesting new insights and perspectives.

And so dawns the brand new day with the Sun rising and the rooster crowing his morning song, accompanied by a chorus of fluttering dragonfly wings – of which incidentally one such dragonfly rests on the shoulder of the Ibis Woman in the Star card. The rooster stands in an old tree at the top of the hill from where he can see everything with clear sight. The lesson of this card is to embrace the new day with optimism and the confidence which the Fool has gained after successfully integrating the preceding lessons. This is in a sense a culmination of what he has learned and starting to apply it.

With his lessons behind him, the Fool emerges a transformed, wise, fair individual. Like the phoenix reborn from the ashes. It is the beginning of a new life, one that is balanced, and full of enthusiasm and optimism; one with resolution. He has been through Judgment. The care the Fool must take is to not turn arrogant or simply forget the earlier part of his journey. He must embrace this found sense of self and remember that he will probably still have to deal with some consequences from his past, but that he can do that with his new found knowledge and strength.

And so the Fool comes to the end of his journey as he riches the World card and can engage Ms. Grasshopper in a celebratory dance. When he reaches the World he understands the dynamics of the journey he undertook, and how the world brings all of those experiences together as a perfect whole. The World is complex, beautiful and interconnected. Here he truly enjoys the synthesis of his journey, and marvels at the magic, music, and beauty it all represents.

Jewel

Adept Level - Step 7 continued ...

STEP 7 - SYNTHESIS Continued ...
DECK: Fantastic Menagerie
CARD: The Moon

ACTIVITY 7:4 - where my chosen card falls within the journey.

As Ms. Rachel Pollack describes in Chapter 2 of 78 Degrees of Wisdom, in th esection talking about the three areas of experience, my Moon card falls within the third row of seven, the superconscious "the development of spiritual awareness and a release of archetypal energy." ... "a confrontation and final unity with the great forces of life itself." The Moon, being card 18, is at the point of "return of that light to the sunlit world of consciousness." (pg. 23).

The card that comes before mine is The Star, which I used in the apprentice level exercises of 21 Ways, and one I feel I trully understand. The card that follows it is The Sun.

What this suggests, is that I had the Star experience in relation to my issues, and am now at the place where I can romanticize yet work through the illusions and self-deceipt I create and learn to see things for what they are (like the sight of the owl). To come out of my own self delusions and emerge in th elight of day (The Sun) with new found wisdom (owl on Moon card) that will help me resolve those issues with the clarity of the Sun overhead.

These 3 cards (Star, Moon, Sun) in sequence, and in me having already worked with The Star, trully are enlightening to me. Combining the work doen in 21 Ways, with the text of 78 Degrees of Wisdom, has been an amazing experience and has truly broadened my understanding of synthesis and the tarot.

Verdi

21 ways adept level step 7.2.1

The Journey of the Swords Suit.

I had to use key words as well from each individual card to get a flow into the journey.

The aeroplane taxied on the runway, lying between two mountains Miss Sword sat a bit nervous in the cabin. She was off to university, and this was potentially the beginning of a career in law. She loved finding out the truth, it was her ace, when times got tough. As she sat there, she thought of her possibilities, it had been so difficult to decide, her two choices, what to study, being so different, two different paths, and both unknown. Her mom had been diplomatic, and told her to move on, take decision. As the plane flew upwards, she felt all alone, nervous almost abandoned, her heart ached at leaving home. While the plane cruised at 30 0000 feet, she reflected over what had happened before, why she was here, sitting on this plane. Fighting for the scholarship had been tough, she knew that she would win; she felt almost a bit of glee at humiliating her rival, no matter, she was on the plane looking out the window watching large bird fly by. The trouble was behind her, its now 6 pm and the plane is flying over water, the battle over, now she was on her way to school, new possibilities wait. The plane flew into turbulence just as the trolley went by with drinks. Miss Sword swiped 7 bottles of whisky from the trolley, while no one was watching. Chuckling to herself about how good she was at subterfuge, she put them in her purse. The plane came across more turbulence. In panick Miss Sword pulled down the oxygen mask. She put it on her face. It felt good being covered up, she didn’t need to think. She felt bound. Taking off her mask she saw she had nothing to be afraid of. Well that was until the plane hit an air pocket and plummeted. Miss Sword felt fear and anxieties rushing through, think of everything she had done to now. It was a nightmare. She cried out. Looking up she saw the Air stewardess giving her hard looks as she walked past, her eyes boring into her back, sticking deeper and deeper. She felt the pain of wrong doing, thinking would she ever get to her destinations without pain? The plan landed, Miss Sword left the bottles behind, feeling renewed she walked away.

Verdi. :)

Jewel

*LOL* Verdi that was so enjoyable! So creative. What deck did you use for this again? ~giggles~. I can totally relate to the whole airplane part as that is how I feel about flying. Seriously, very imaginative way of portraying the journey of the swords, and very easy to follow and understand. I look forward to seeing your Fool's Journey!

Verdi

Thanks jewel. Its druidcraft, no planes exactly, but i had to get up in the air ;).
I am mightly impressed by your work. Reading your Fools journeys i am in awe how much you have got in about the tarot, and our lifes.
Verdi .

Jewel

Verdi said:
Thanks jewel. Its druidcraft, no planes exactly, but i had to get up in the air ;).
I am mightly impressed by your work. Reading your Fools journeys i am in awe how much you have got in about the tarot, and our lifes.
Verdi .
The Fantastic Menagerie is a deck that really lends itself to that because Grandville's artwork is social commentary in and of itself. This is a deck that was not love at first sight for me, but now that I have been using it for almost a year on 21 Ways, plus in readings, it has really grown on me. It is a real gem.

Dave and Squakmo, I read through your posts and really enjoyed your journeys! I am really enjoying learning from everyone who posts. This was a really neat step.

Verdi

21 ways adept level step 7.3

21 steps adept level 7.3

DruidCraft deck.
This is the first level. Levels 2 and 3 will be edited in as they are finished.

This is a story of the Fools’ journey through the DruidCraft world.
We begin at the beginning or is it the end? Or is it the middle? The fool plays his game already, moving swiftly here and there, no stopping place, no home. But by using our writing craft, we will place him at a start, and make him meet himself 21 times. The journey for the Fool encompasses 3 phases; gaining awareness, secondly exploring the mind beneath or beyond consciousness and thirdly a quest for pure and unqualified knowledge of the self, to ultimately achieve enlightenment.

The Fool starts his journey meeting himself as The Magician. Standing tall and erect, the powerful magician tricks the Fool into giving up his staff, through clever use of words and charisma. The Magician twirls it around, using all the elements at his disposal, changes it into a wand, his symbol of potential, power and direction.

Inspired by the Magician the Fool walks jumps forth, landing with a splash into a lake, wading out, he come across the High Priestess. She stands there gathering her wisps of consciousness and reflections of her inner thought. Her intuition, feelings and sensuality becalms the Fool into passivity and patience. She gives him strength to see his dreams and sends him forth balanced and stronger.

Walking around a cove the Fool comes across a lush valley, a harvest of abundance and fertility, he spies a pregnant Lady sitting on a wooden throne. Looking deep into her eyes, he sees nurturing, sensuality and kindness. Her cloths and throne bear witness to her creativity. The Fool would like to stay longer in her warmth and security. But he must on. So leaping forth, happy and passionate, he climbs out of the valley.

On the hill top he spies a new figure. Atop a hill, sitting on a stone throne he meets the Lord. The Lord, looking strong and authoritative has the Fool’s staff. A bit cautiously the Fool approaches this truly powerful man. The Lord bangs his staff on the ground and demands allegiance and fidelity from the Fool. In his domain, there will be law and order, no tricks from the Fool will be permitted. The Fool a bit miffed at this, though pleased someone will look after his interests and defend his rights, he thinks this is a bit too much right now, so he leaps on.

Around the next corner he sees another man on a throne. The High Priest, in all his ceremonial costume, stalwart, masculine and wise. He looks at the Fool and shakes his head. So unpredictable, flighty and fun loving. The High Priest raises his right arm; looks forward, and ask the Fool to be law abiding in his realm. He asks the Fool to remember what his forbearers have taught him, that traditions have their meanings and uses. Let them guide you on your journey onwards. With this last teaching the High Priest gives the Fool his blessing.

Heavy with new knowledge the Fool, decides to shrug off the old and musty traditions foisted upon him and marches forward. Coming upon a glen, he catches sight of a hind, beautiful, shinning and ethereal. Coming closer he spies two lovers lying together in the moss and flowers by a stream. The Hind shushes him, be quite, do you not see love and companionship in its most beautiful form. Look, Fool, they have chosen one another, they have offered their own individuality to become one. What could be more loving and wholesome? The hind turns towards the Fool and looks deeply into his eyes. The Fool a bit startled by this, he’s not ready for any long term relationship, looks around him self and sees a possible way forward. He spies a chariot in the distance.

Getting closer he observes that a woman has jumped on it and is racing away. Powerful horses pull the chariots forwards. The Fool runs up beside the chariot and shouting over the drone of the wheels: where are you going mistress with my staff? Looking down on him she shrieks back: I’m off on a journey. I am off to celebrate my successes and triumphs! Showing true control and mastery she guided her horses on and on. Maneuvering around obstacles, and showing great strength of mind, the Lady on the Chariot, left the Fool behind looking at her. Not a bad one that, she knew herself through and through he surmised, she knew when to say yes or no. This reminded him that he had to get on.

The Fool, leaps of the cliff down to the next level. Feeling that he has a good grasp of the conscious world, a place where he has learned to make decisions of all kinds, he knows now its time for a bit of hard work.

Skipping merrily along, he smells something a bit musty. Here comes a big giant wild boar, tamed and held by a powerful woman robed in red. A bit frightened the Fool asks here how she keeps the boar from gorging her. It is my compassion, trust and love that hold it true to me. It senses the completeness of my life-force. I allow it some freedom of course, but never too much or little. I like things balanced and in harmony. Impressed the Fool walks on leaving Strength behind.

Walking along a path he sees a strange light I the distance. By and by, he come across and old man and his beast, a wolf, on the same path. The Hermit looks closely at him and asks what the Fool is doing on his path. A bit serious for a change, the Fool explains that he needs to find himself. That he has to look more closely into his soul. The Hermit offers him guidance on this journey, so they go off together, a bit close to the cliffs edge though, but exhilarated by the knowledge of themselves that they gain.

At a fork in the path, the Hermit and the Fool part company. The Fool wanders on, and down by a lake he spies a lady making a ring in the sand by a cave. The woman looks up, seeing the Fool looking at her, she asks him how Fortune is looking upon him. A bit surprised, he tells here, that Fortune comes and goes. He says he reaps rewards for what he has set in motion. It’s no coincidence that you are here then, she says smiling. Well I see a pattern now the Fool confesses, things go round and around, like birth, life, death and rebirth.

Leaving the beach, the Fool decides walk on a wall for a bit. Good things walls, they train the balance. After a while he meets an owl who takes him to a lady holding a sword and scales. She’s balancing something as well he sees. What are you weighing he ask. I am trying to decide what is wrong and right, what is fair and Justice. Well make a decision, cries the Fool. The lady swipes the sword through the air, its blade showing both sides of the answer. Oh no she says, you decide, you who has learned discrimination and clarity from your journey!

Heavy with the burdens of giving Justice, the Fool gradually gets back his humor, and comes across a man, naked, hanging from a tree. How odd, a Hanged Man. The Fool, ask him, and he’s surely he’s been asked before, what you are doing there hanging. The man, a bit unclear, because he’s gagged as well, replies patiently. I choose silence, he glares at the Fool for making him break silence, waiting, because I need to let go, I need to experience the healing power of the unconscious. The Fool lays waiting by the hanged man some time, however his impatience grew and he left.

The Fool glances up, while jumping over a river. He glimpses the Lovers in embrace. He walks up to an old Crone who is holding a skull in her hand. Death she says is the consequence of being born, and being born is the consequence of the lovers embrace. So get on with you, leave me, I must make way for the new, or would you like to be cleansed and transformed in my cauldron? The Fool a bit wary of this, felt cleansed anyway by wading through the river, and decided to leave.

The Fool walked on and in time came across a pleasant house. Inside he met The Fferyllt. She was concentrating on combining water and fire to make harmony, balance and transformation. How do you do that the Fool asked. It not easy The Fferyllt answered. To be successful you have to blend common sense and intuition, the masculine and feminine, to create awareness and creativity. Seeing a rainbow not far away, The Fool thought he might try and reach it, a bit of luck ,may be on his way if he did that. However he didn't make it, he fell down to the next level, the level of enlightenment.

The Fool wandered into a forest. Lying on the ground were two figures, male and female. Both were asleep. Tiptoeing forwards, he became aware of anther presence: Cernunnos. The Fool felt a strong life force around him. The wood seemed to burst with abundance, energy and freedom from the material world. Not daring to wake the individuals lying on the ground, he could felt more keenly the responsibility for the world around him. If they were to live, he would have to take care, nurturing the possibilities of life, avoiding its misuse or obsessing on one aspect of it, to let them awake to a beautiful world. The Fool left the wood, feeling stronger, more alive, more attuned to the world around him. He was thankful for the lessons he learned when visiting the Magician and Strength. Both had given him knowledge to deal with power and energy.

A couple of days later the Fool was idling time away in a Tower with a lady companion he had come across earlier driving a chariot. Suddenly the weather turned bad, lightning began to strike out across the sky. The Tower was struck and the Fool and the lady were flung from the Tower into the lake below. Well that jolted us out of our life’s, he thought. Looking around he saw new possibilities. He felt more awake and lease tense than he had for ages. He felt his intuition and instincts more finely attuned to his needs now. The fresh air, the energy in his step, the sense of renewal pushed him out further on his journey.

Having walked all night, he eventually reached the river side when dawn was breaking, thought the stars were still in the sky. A beautiful naked lady, the Star, stood by the riverbed. Calmly she told the Fool, that she was pouring intuition and hope, healing and optimism into the river of life. Dipping his toe in, he felt the source of life, a contentment, feeling of his inner self, and a confidence in the future to come.

Walking on, the day being a glorious one, he felt more attuned to himself. No need to make fun of anyone to tickle his being. The day began to wane and the Moon came out. He had come across that place where he had first met the High Priestess. A couple of hounds were braying to the Moon. A Shiver ran down his spine. He felt alone and afraid. He felt him self ebbing and flowing in and out of consciousness. He felt creativity and imagination flowing freely. However he couldn't stay like this. He had to move on, or maybe he would loose himself forever.

The Sun rose again and he felt its warmth on him. A boy on a horse road by, greeting him with cheer and merriment. Shrugging off his moodiness, the Fool, felt energy flowing in him again. Possibilities for success, creativity and contentment came back to him. On the ground he saw the pretty flowers of the St Johns Wort, a sure sign that happiness was present and abundant. The Fool walk on singing merrily and joyously.

Hearing a horn blasting in the vicinity, the Fool abided its calling and rushed to its origin. Standing outside a temple-tomb a priest was blowing his horn as a small child emerged from the temple. The trumpet sound is the call of Rebirth and renewal. The Fool felt a decision surfacing in him; he felt that a change was coming. He knew that this is the time to take that call and emerge better for it.

He walked on, not the same Fool as before, but a more enlightened one, one more tuned to life. He skipped on and suddenly felt the World beneath his feet. He danced in the ring of intertwined branches. He radiated ecstasy and fulfillment. He knew that he had successfully completed his journey. The sense of achievement gave him joy. He felt the inner and outer worlds of his being melting together into one whole. He could now face the world afresh, a new journey could begin.

Verdi :)