Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - advance study - Fertility

Sylvie Steinbach

Re: williams

Because it is not a straight question of fertility we have mingled a bunch of health issues that I never wanted to address in this forum.

You are right that when looking at fertility one may hit health problems that connect directly with the question. That is for that reason I will not address fertility questions unless we stick on the basics.

With time you will find out how accurate you are and what you got wrong. And I cannot stress enough on the importance to stay on topic when answering a spread. But for future postings, if you decide to submit a case study by PM, please disclose everything relevant...

Sylvie Steinbach

Multi level readings

My next thread will go back to multi level readings so if you have a topic you prefer the most let me know before I post...

For those of you who surf the forum, someone posted the entire Lenormand meanings -traditional and german - in English on the 'oracle deck' section by nocoolname. I invite you to check it out and compare with my book.

You will see major differences, many commonalities but you may notice the lack of precisions and the fuzziness of the 36. Difficult to do very accurate readings using that textbook.

Also you may find out some of the outdated meanings that I needed to change as well as the contradictions such the snake that associates very negative meanings such as a 'mean' woman but in the same token associate the snake with a business woman! I guess women had a bad wrap in the traditional Lenormand :)

Let me know what you think since you are now familiar with my work, it would be bad at all if you were to have a look... I have my own opinions -his postings do not contain everything by the way, only the basics- on the traditional aspect but you may differ. Ah freedom of expression! you must love that about the net!!!

Now be aware that this individual is attached to a company who has vested interests in the Lenormand business -which mean they make money selling their contents and decks! So his postings are not completely altruistic...AS I am hosting this class to help promote the Lenormand BUT also my work. That is life!

Phoenix Rising

Hi Sylvie

Thanks for telling us about the thread. I'm glad that I hadn't known about the traditional meanings of the lenormand before learning your work. I've been learning your work for a few months now, and with my daily's and readings it has been pretty spot on so I'd rather not go looking at other methods as I know that it can cause confusion. I realised that when I had learnt 5 different playing card methods that it confused the heck out of me. My friend who's only ever stuck to one playing card method of 25 years said "Don't look at any other method, it will only confuse you"

Of course it is up to whoever to use what they will but I'm very happy with your method.

I also would like to say that I admire the way you run this workshop, and one thing that I've learnt most of all, is the "discipline" to keep to basics and keep it simple, although at times I may wander off on a tangent, and you're always able to pull us back in line and stay on course. We're very lucky to have you give us your time and expertise. I'm starting to see the language of the cards, the daily readings have helped alot.

Phoenix

Sylvie Steinbach

Hi Phoenix!

Yes it would be confusing if you decide to apply the traditional system onto what you are already comfortable with BUT it is worth a look!

By principle, I encourage students once they have learned and assimilated a system to experiment -some of you decided to use their knowledge onto a " 9 card lay out" for example.

I also want to invite you to see what is out there for your information so that you can show to anyone from Europe that you are 'aware' of the traditional system as well as my updated one. Being open minded is what is missing from the traditionalists who are very quick in dismissing any new Lenormand spin...unless it is a new deck to collect ;)

Now I do like new artworks BUT I like esoteric research and love to see what people who know their stuff come up with that is new...That is me of course!
So do not fear... check it out.

New thread coming soon...

Miss Divine

Hi Sylvie,
I haven't checked out that other thread because I'm confused now as it is.
I had several other books on Lenormand before yours and several acquaintances who use Lenormand. There are alot of meanings that differ quite a bit from yours. And since I had learned some from my previous books and from the acquaintances it's become one big confusing mess for me:(

For instance the Fox: from my prior learning it had nothing to do with a job but about sly, not to be trusted person etc.
And the Moon: Job, work and emotions.

I can go on and on. I tell ya it's alot harder to unlearn something than to learn something. So because of this I'm having alot of trouble with the Lenormand now. I WISH! I had your book before any of the other books and info I got here and there. It would have made it so much easier for me in the long run. The worst is, I use your meanings but in the end often the other meanings seem to apply and I know that's because that's how I used to conceive it.

Anybody else with this ''dilemma''?

Love & light

Sylvie Steinbach

Hi Miss divine!

Yes yes I completely understand your challenges...well frankly the traditional system is already confusing by nature. If it was so great I would have not touch it correct? :)

You are right about the meanings BUT my comments were directed to students of the Lenormand Oracle who do not know what the traditional system is about.

Unfortunately you had really digged into the traditional and tried very hard to understand it. Therefore it stayed within you drilled into your subconscious mind ;) Now with a new system to learn it is hard to get it out!

It is Ok I am sure if you keep using the book and work the case studies I can quite guarantee you will do fine as long as you do not MIX the two systems. You can't take some attributes of mine and then add the old meanings...that is a NO No! It is either one or the other, you need to choose and stick to it...

But for the ones who are 'virgins' or did not have any attachment with the traditional system, it s ok to read the thread. I am not saying to learn it! I was only suggesting you guys read it so that you know the difference.

It is always good to have perspectives. With me you are playing piano, with the traditional system you play the guitar. It is music but it sounds very different. Chorus made for guitar may not be applicable to piano...

lol

Miss Divine

Darn...do I wish I was still a 'virgin' LOL

I am doing my best trying to forget what I learned before, but it's harder than I thought it would be.
And yes you're absolutely right about mixing meanings. I have to confess that when a meaning was badbad, I'd have the tendency to choose the more positive meaning. Naughty eh!?
But I KNOW that doesn't work and is only fooling myself. So I stopped doing it.
I do use one of my other books still for the classic Lenormand spread. One book explains it quite well (not the meanings of the cards but the different ways to read the layout). Using your meanings though...I'm supposed to become famous LOL. And every time I have seen that come up, ofcourse I tend to use the other meaning only because I don't plan on becoming famous, nor do I believe it. ROFL

indianstorm

chiming in

It is a difficult one to consider where does one go to get the information that is required. I have done away with woolly fuzzy interpretations which to me doesn't coincide with what I think the cards should mean. Traditional way of learning has always been through a teacher that can guide.

Thanks Sylvie by the way for giving up your time and knowledge. I can't say thank you enough for this. What has been good for me is that I can apply logic and a dose of common sense to the cards and not to force the development. I have learnt through this forum along with the group with Sylvie

Yes I have read through the previous Lenormand posts-- it is part of my intro to the Lenormand. As far as consistency is concerned, I am able to expand and relate to Sylvie more, I also think thats because she is here with us nudging along..:)

I was thinking- Sylvie-- if you would design your own deck -- I'd love to have one-- be interesting to see what yours would like -- hint hint!!!!

Stormy

Sylvie Steinbach

Lenormand deck?

It was my original plan to write a good book on the Lenormand cards and create a deck specially designed for psychic insights through the Lenormand symbolism. Elas as it is affordable to publish your own book now, manufacturing 36 cards is very expensive without a publisher. The estimated quote given to me by my design team was 25,000 dollars U.S.! But I can guarantee you that if there is an opportunity to do it I will jump on the offer...;)

LisaW

Never thought I would say this, but Boy! am I glad that I was a virgin!! lol
I was guided, literally to Sylvie and her book, and just knew that I would need to be singly focused. I looked a few times at some of the other threads on it, and I was surprised at how vague and out of touch some of the meanings seemed.
So I decided that while I was learning this amazing system of Sylvie's (which is spot on with it's interpretations), I would not get involved with others who were practicing a more traditional approach with the meanings-
I didn't want to get confused!

I'm finding that I am getting really accurate readings, that the people I have 'practiced' on can really relate to and verify. The proof is in the pudding-why mess with a great recipe????

It's worth re-training the subconscious - it will take effort, but the rewards will be great:)

LisaW (SpiritSong)