Best Tarot App?

haleyw

I'm going to purchase a Tarot App on IPad. Any recommendations and if so why?

WolfyJames

I'd say Tarot of Dreams on Ipad and Iphone. I have it on my Iphone. The Tarot of Dreams is my favorite Ciro deck and it's the least expensive as well, since the Legacy of the Divine Tarot is there as well but twice the price. You can get a card a day, use the spreads, create your own, use or not reversals, etc. The app is beautiful.

GoldenWolf

I don't have the above apps. I do have three by Fool's Dog-Rosetta Tarot (a new version of the Thoth and my favorite), Fellowship of the Fool (pretty watercolors and pagan in tone), and Tarot of the Holy Light (alchemical symbolism). The Rosetta has the companion book included with the app. Even though I have the actual deck, I thought the app was an amazing value at $3.99 since the book is $26 or so. The Tarot of the Holy Light app has a partial text of the yet unpublished companion book so again a great deal. These apps run really well because the developer actually worked for Apple.

I also enjoy the Mystic Dreamer tarot app by another company. I own this deck too, but enjoy having the app so I don't have lug a deck around to do daily draws. While the physical deck is lovely, the cards look absolutely luminous on my iPhone. They would probably look even better on an iPad. All of these apps have multiple spreads, a journal feature for reader comments on cards, card commentaries and so on.

WolfyJames

I do have three by Fool's Dog-

I also enjoy the Mystic Dreamer tarot app by another company.

Thanks for making me discover these two companies that create tarot apps. Alas none of the decks interest me. But The Fool's Dog seems to be adding constantly new decks so I shall check out their website.

Minnie

I have an app called learn tarot it is really good . It has spreads and card of the day on it as well and it explains the cards in a simple and easy way to understand, and how to interpret them in certain situations . I am really happy with it .

haleyw

Thanks everyone! I decided on the Rosetta Tarot app.had some great reviews. Just testing it out now. Will let you know what I think.