Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Fresh sage question

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Crystals & Herbs

Citizen

afrosaxon 
Fresh sage question

hi all,

Here at school, I"m part of the Garden Society, and we maintain a small garden at the back of the property. For our efforts (we plant organically and are weeding every week! *sigh*), we get to eat the bounty we've grown.

Anyway, we have an overabundance of sage and I took some back with me to my room. I dried them out a bit and then put a leaf or two into each of the decks I'd brought with me, and my Dreamstones.

I know that sage is a powerful protective herb, but we usually only use it in its dried form (like in smudge sticks). Does it matter that it's relatively fresh? Will that diminish any of its magickal properties?

Thx!

T.
Top   #1
Bending Clouds

Milfoil 

If anything, I would have thought that being fresh would be the optimum time to use it. Certainly you can't really smudge with fresh sage!!! but its much more potent in cooking when its fresh so I imagine its the same with its metaphysical properties too.
Top   #2
Citizen

Simsy 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milfoil
If anything, I would have thought that being fresh would be the optimum time to use it. Certainly you can't really smudge with fresh sage!!! but its much more potent in cooking when its fresh so I imagine its the same with its metaphysical properties too.
i agree with what milfoil is saying and in my mind would be more potent if fresh.

The only reason why sage is dried is because that you need smoke in the smudging to get rid of stagnet energies.

Simsy
Top   #3
Just a little prairie faerie

lark 

The only thing I would be careful about is that in a semi-dry state the leaves are not in direct contact with the deck...it could leave an oily mark on a card,
or a green stain.
Top   #4
Citizen

Lilija 

Also, I've had semi-dry herbs mold, and liquefy under similar circumstances, so be sure that they get plenty of air flow, so they can dry naturally. Moisture trapped anywhere near your cards can be very yucky.
Top   #5

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.