Spring and wilder tussie mussies...

Cerulean

What blooms for you, those who love this green and pleasant land or yearn to believe in something that tastes like Spring?

...for a Springtime project where we envision scenarios and herbal sachets, scent-sations and celebrate the verdant nature of this season....I see and smell small yellow-centered roses with delicious scarlet and vermillion tips, the sage-bud warmth and lavendar's blue, lavendar's green delicate flowering. Lilies are awakened, sweet peas flower and daisies bursts sunlight. Honeysuckle delicately twines around geranium velvet red and poppy orange...The went-wild lettuce has saucy white flowers that misguided hummingbirds hunt, ignoring the bursts of yellow clover blooms.

The small bouquets from the garden aren't perfection or smooth, they seem lacy and wild. They promise minty breath and promise verdent salad days.

Everything else we do might seem so mundane and straining, yet this can be real too. I'm eager to hear recipes, Spring finds and scents and scenic things of the soft blooms of your season...

Best,

Cerulean

Briar Rose

I bought the last package of Lilly of the Valley bulbs today. I bought a small, 11 inch long green container, and put them in soil tonight. It's sitting on the Crystal shelf, right infront of the sunny window.

I do hope they come up. I love Lilly of the Valley.

Briar Rose

Woowie, Morticia Monroe! I never saw those before. I love them. Thank you so much for sharing.

I love the southern states.

brightbrook

I was moving violas from the ground into containers to make way for sunflowers and delphiniums, and I smelled the sweetest aroma . . . took me a moment to realize that it was the violas! Now that it is sunnier and sometimes warmer they are sending out a delicate and delicious fragrance.

Thank you for reminding me to pick some posies to bring indoors.

Briar Rose

Does anybody have any tips on making my Lilly of the Valley bulbs grow? Do you think they will sprout up? How long will it take until I see something? I just planted them (look above post) yesterday.

brightbrook

Lily of the Valley are a shade-loving plant, so they don't need too much direct light. A sunny window is fine as long as it is not direct sun all day long. I'd make sure to keep the soil moist, and give it a 2 weeks probably.

You know if you talk to them it helps too! I know it sounds crazy but it's true. Tell them how much you love them and their scent and how you can't wait for them to grow and bloom.

Have confidence. It is spring and all things are growing!

(try a quartz crystal on top of the soil. Looks pretty and acts to amplify the growing energy.)

Cerulean

Healing posy for hope to a friend...

Clover (yellow)
Three roses (yellow and rosy red)
Parsley (Dark green)
Silver Sage (silvery green)
Golden Sage (yellow and green)
Wild radish flowers (light purple)
Wild lettuce (white)
Rosemary (green)
English Thyme (green)
Wisteria (light purple)
Honeysuckle vine (white)
Sweet peas (plum and violet)

I had the song Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme to start. But the wildflowers and soft colors just after a Spring rain were to alluring...

Cerulean

Briar Rose

That is so pretty Cerulean.

SherryZoned

Just saw this thread. Beautiful swamp lily never seen one before either. I have not seen any here or in Michigan. But when I lived in West Virginia I always loved the beeboms. Reds, lavender. Did not matter and the hummingbirds that come with it.