M'arse Says

GryffinSong

Goes the weasel. Hands down favorite. Speaking as a woman, there is NOTHING funny about a pap smear.

Laura Borealis

Agreed, Le Pape Smear made me cringe a bit in remembered pain. :laugh:

Flaxen

How have I missed this? This is a brilliant concept and has made me chuckle!

I like the first option for Le Pape.

blue_fusion

Finally finished the line art of the kings! Down to the queens and pages. Hopefully after that, coloring will just be a breeze (created color swatches to make the colors more uniform throughout the deck).

This is getting harder and harder to do! Part of me wants to stop a bit and work on another deck (as a distraction, like this one being a distraction from the Resom), but I'm pushing myself to finish this so that I can see the final images, of the Maria Celia at the very least. I'm targeting (What Would) M'arse Say to be finished by next month. It's really creating the line art which is... difficult for me at the moment. Once I get past that, things will move much faster.

As an update, I've attached a sample image of a king. That won't be the text in the actual M'arse Say card as it probably would be too dated some years from now (on that note: do you guys think people are still familiar with Madonna's Pappa Don't Preach?). Just wanted an outlet for my frustrations in finishing the deck (and for that particular quote). :)

Attachments

• respada.jpg
    respada.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 132

AJ

I'm not familiar with the Madonna song, but when I read sexy, I immediately started singing "I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt.."

People who love cards go in intuition and memory...and you give both a big boot in the (Y) :)

baylys

I love the Papa don't preach. I was about 8 when that song came out :D

tarot heart

As an update, I've attached a sample image of a king. That won't be the text in the actual M'arse Say card as it probably would be too dated some years from now (on that note: do you guys think people are still familiar with Madonna's Pappa Don't Preach?). Just wanted an outlet for my frustrations in finishing the deck (and for that particular quote). :)

Don't worry at all about the sayings being dated. That's what the internet is for! Just think what a fun deck this will be years from now for someone to go look up what all the play on words meant! It's like a time capsule of sorts. I envy the guys in the future who will get hold of these decks, such fun! :) In fact, I think you should "date" them as much as possible to give the full flavor of an earlier time. :)

Thoughtful

What a hoot that King of Swords is and love the words you caption it with, reminds me of an air sign male friend, perfect card for him :laugh:

Wendywu

End of next month would be perfect! And yeah - don't worry about dated words - you're working on images from a deck originating hundreds of years ago :)

GryffinSong

LOL, LOVE the king!!!