Gendron Companion Book

Cocobird55

Did this book ever come out? I ordered it from Amazon a long time ago; they finally cancelled my order.

Any news?

Sue

JeNNi

yes im curious about this too. I have the Gendron Deck but would love the book to go with it.

lunakasha

Cocobird55 said:
Did this book ever come out? I ordered it from Amazon a long time ago; they finally cancelled my order.

Any news?

Sue

The book is out....finally!!! :D

My friend (Summerdream....who started this thread ;) ) gave up on amazon and Barnes & Noble....she ordered directly from US Games and received it within days. When she tried ordering from the local B&N, they told her the book was not available, but a few weeks ago we actually saw a copy there.....guess I am confused as to why they were unable to order it from USG but my friend had no problem doing so....

:) Luna

Cocobird55

Thanks. I logged on to UGS Games and ordered it. The Gendron is one of my favorite decks, and I'd been looking forward to the book for a long time.

Sue

Alice

I have had the book for months now - I ordered it from amazon and it came fairly quickly, they did delay it once but after that no problems. However in Scotland we have a different Amazon which dose not seem to have as many problems getting Tarot stuff as the American one.

I was not that impressed by the book itself, although I found what she had to say interesting it was not not well explianed or laid out. I also though that she concentrated on hte majors far too much and had far too little detail about the minors.

Cocobird55

Gendron Book

I ordered the book online, directly from US Games. I have only glanced through it, but since I like the Gendron deck a lot, I'm sure the book will be useful.

Sue

Cocobird55

I bumped this up because, after having the book for months, I finally started to read it last night.

I don't like it. I'm not sure why-- maybe I feel overwhelmed by all of the different systems she talks about. I would have liked more information about the minors, too.

Mostly, I have become used to a 'no rules' bias in reading tarot, caring for your decks, etc. This book has very definite opinions about a lot of things.

The slant also seems very 'new age-y' to me.

I wonder how the rest of you, who were waiting for the book for so long, liked it.

Sue