'power' decks - do you have any?

BrightEye

last night i was reading about entering the spirit world and places of power etc. and my mind was going over my decks. i was wondering whether some of the ones i own are more 'powerful' than others, ie whether some are better portals to the spirit world than others. i then felt compelled to get all my so-called 'power' decks out of the box i keep them in and put them at the foot of my bed (don't ask me why). they were:

merlin tarot
golden dawn magickal tarot
thoth
elemental tarot

my morgan-greer was also there because i use it a lot at the moment but i'm not sure i'd class it as a 'power' deck. it's somehow too human.

do others have decks that are more powerful than others and what do you use them for?

a_shikhs

I feel that Vargo's Gothic Tarot also has a lot of power. It is a very powerful deck. Whenever I use it for readings, I get a spirit feel from it which is quite spooky and yet lovely. :) I use this deck for my personal readings and love its accurate and blunt answers.

Hemera

My power decks would definitely be Vargo´s Gothic Tarot and Morgan-Greer. There are many portals and gates in Morgan-Greer and I don´t feel that it being human makes it less magical/powerful ;)

Al Si'ra

I don't have any power decks at the moment but i know exactly what you're talking about..'cause all my decks have a different feel-a different kind of power..
For example my Robin Wood Deck is unfortunately certainly much less powerful than any other decks that i own..it gives me accurate answers-never lies *smile* but then it is so soft and gentle..even sometimes wishy-washy..for example i wouldn't get surprised to see a 10 of cups in an ordinary not so 10 of cups relationship...it dramatizes the happy side..
And i am definitely looking for a power deck!

:love:
xx

BrightEye

does anyone have the old path and the nigel suckling dragon tarot? would they make good power decks? i'm really interested in the dragon one but was wondering whether it's only pretty pictures.

i'm trying to use my decks for magical work and pathworking.

TheOld

My Thoth deck is my power deck, i'm using it as an Earth pentacle, wich means that when i have emotionnal difficulties i'm hitting on it, i'm rubbing it hard with my finger, sending the overflow of energy in it etc...

what that do is that it's now a kind of battery, verry powerfull to taps for extra energy when i need them :)

Have fun
Omeada

BrightEye

omeada,

that sounds really good. i'll try that. thanks!

Hemera

BrightEye said:
nigel suckling dragon tarot? would they make good power decks? i'm really interested in the dragon one but was wondering whether it's only pretty pictures.

I have just bought the Nigel Suckling Dragon tarot. I like it and it feels powerful. More than just pretty pictures, for sure! But different people react differently so I could not say how YOU would feel about it.;)
It doesn´t have fully illustrated pips and that is definitelly a disadvantage.I´m not saying it makes it less powerful or anything.. Just different.

BrightEye

TheOld said:
verry powerfull to taps for extra energy when i need them :)
how do you actually tap into that energy then when you need it?

Merenwen

If you'r interested in using a deck for magic and like dragons, have a look at Celtic Dragon Tarot bt DJ Conway and Lisa Hunt. The book at the end has a section on how the do candle magic with the deck (which I personally ignore, but it might be what you're looking for)