what deck has the most " almost" living looking courts?

gorgeousbutterfly

along with other cards. it seems druidcraft " kinda" looks like this but haven't seen it in person. i would LOVE deck where the cards look like and feel like real people. i have a deck, a goddess deck and some cards really look alive. i alway wished that there were tarot cards like this but haven't found it. i really wish the faces of courts and the people in tarot were alot bigger too so you can see their expressions better. eh. search goes on forever...

calligirl

The problem with making them look too real is that the symbolic meanings would apt to be lost. If the Prince of Swords, for example, always looked like your cousin Ed, then you may not look past that immediate identification.

Also, the marketability of a deck would be related to this feature. I wouldn't buy a deck that had a picture of my ex even if it was the devil!

You could always make your own and cut pictures out of magazines and glue them on, make your own deck.

Alta

Photo-collage decks use pictures of real people, and it is one of the reasons I rarely like them.

The courts on the Rohrig are very 'real' looking. Wierd, but definitely look very much like real people.

Tarot Galadriel

I think the best court cards are in the Robin Wood deck.

They are fabulous and seem so real and easy to understand. She adds symbols to them to help trigger assiciations and they look so individual and down to earth.

My favourite one is the King of Pentacles, he wears slippers, I love him ! He looks so happy, jolly and content relaxing in his throne, so real and so comforting ;o)

Might be worth trying to find pics of them online as they are the nicest, most friendly courts I've seen.

Sophie

Apart from photocollage decks - which often use real people - I would second the DruidCraft for real people. One deck which has very human and real looking people, albeit old-fashioned, is the Marseille.

majah kahlana

I think the Gilded Tarot has a sort of Final Fantasy feel to them. The computer graphics in that movie were so good you thought the people were real at first until you looked a little closer. The Gilded seems the same way to me. Im not fond of the more obvious photo collage decks as to me they seem kind of "jokey" Like something a first grader would do in art period...
Just my opinion.

jackdaw*

The Robin Wood has lovely Court cards, very human. I love the DruidCraft Courts too, but I find them less realistic - especially the hobbit-like feet on some.

Alta

I think you people should stop making fun of us foot-enhanced individuals. :D

star-lover

the cosmic tarot has lovely court cards, most of them depict famous actors/actresses and are very lifelike

eg queen of wands is gina lollobrigida - and if you think about her it helps understand some of the meanings of q of wands
same for sean connery = king of wands
page of cups - great garbo
etc etc

Sophie

I find neither the Robin Wood nor the Gilded to be in any way realistic or true to what human beings truly look like. Fantasy - yes. And fantasy has its place. Realist, no. The people are far too perfect and beautiful, they look airbrushed, especially on the Gilded. Real people have faults.

Oh, another deck with real people of all ages is Waking the Wild Spirit. I especially like the fact there are old people, children, people in middle age and younger. All have a kind of beauty, but it is inner beauty, spiritual beauty, not airbrushed perfection and big pecs (or breasts!).

And I like the big feet on the DruidCraft. Lots of people have big feet - why shouldn't that be real?

I am amazed, actually, by what people consider to be "real". I mean - how many people that you see in the street or your daily life actually look like the Gilded or Robin Wood models, as beautiful as they are? I'll wager - not a single one!