what deck has the most " almost" living looking courts?

Lurea

I just have to point out that the Cosmic Tribe does have totally realistic people in it. It is photo-collage but has a wide range of body-types, ages, races, you name it. 'Course they're mostly nude. ;) LOL

bleuivy

A couple of decks come to mind:

The Tarot of the Old Path, which was already mentioned. The people on those cards look like real individuals. They have imperfections, and some of them I don't even like! (By which I mean they don't look like people I'd get along with, which works well in readings.) They have real personality and actually look like individuals. (Okay, now that I've gushed about this deck, I'm off to add Tarot of the Northern Shadows to my wish list. :laugh: )

The other deck that springs to mind is the Tarot of the Ages. Not many people talk about this deck, but I love it! Okay, so the people look a little bit statuesque. The deck has people of many different colors, and their courts look very realistic to me.

I don't particulary enjoy photo-collage decks, so these are probably as realistic as I'm going to get with my courts looking like real people.

krysia322

gorgeousbutterfly said:
along with other cards. it seems druidcraft " kinda" looks like this but haven't seen it in person. i would LOVE deck where the cards look like and feel like real people. i have a deck, a goddess deck and some cards really look alive. i alway wished that there were tarot cards like this but haven't found it. i really wish the faces of courts and the people in tarot were alot bigger too so you can see their expressions better. eh. search goes on forever...
I think Matt Myers did an incredible job on the faces in his deck. What's strange is that, to me, they seem to shift subtly each time I look at them (meaning, a certain feature might appear to be subtly different, or stand out more).

Oh, and on a side note... I'm completely in love with the Sun card in his (Art Nouveau) deck. Yum!

Another good deck for faces ---and these are both mentioned assuming you don't mind looking at gorgeous people, LOL--- is Antonella Castelli's Art Nouveau deck. Knave of Cups is particularly... Oi. Let's just say I drew it this morning, and today his face and expression reminded me completely of an ex-Leo of mine... Go figure.

pangolin

World Spirit

Tarot Galadriel said:
What I actually meant by 'real' was that the Robin Wood courts feel real, obviously they don't look real ! They exude a lot of life and emotion from the card, each one has individual feelings, energies and personalities that exude strongly from the card rather than looking physically real.

The deck that first made the court cards come to life for me was the World Spirit. Each card has a distinct personality, and each one feels real to me. I particularly like the Wands court. Their energy and dynamism comes through so convincingly -- in four distinct styles.

Rosanne

I am not one for photo realism or collage in portraying the energies of the Courts, but I like the Rohrig Tarot. Two decks of late have made the Courts understandable and less remote in my understanding of them are il Tarocco Bizzarro and The Spiral.The Bizzarro is a caricature and the Spiral is a study in acrylic. I have attached the two Queen of Cups- who to me signify sensitive, affectionate and receptive women, and both appear very real as embodiments of personalities. I actually have found the Fantastic Menagerie does the same as animal headed personalities- notice how some people look like their Dogs? Then again I do not think you meant quite that ;) ~Rosanne

Attachments

• BizzarrioQofCups.jpg
    BizzarrioQofCups.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 61
  • SpiralQueenCups.jpg
    SpiralQueenCups.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 62

Dwaas

Not real of course but imo very alive are the people in the Tarot of Prague, Marseille Fournier and the Morgan Greer.

bleuivy

If no one has mentioned it - the Archeon! Just got it and was blown away by each and every card. And the courts look very alive, seeing as they are photographs. :)

I usually don't like photo decks, but this one doesn't feel like that.

Little Baron

A funny answer really.

If you want people to look 'like people', then 'Tarot of the Ages'.

But out of all my decks, when I look through, the one that I recognise so many people I know in it is the 'Phantasmagoic Theater'.

LB

WaterSong

Of all the decks I like the Robin Wood for court cards also...I think what the artist was trying to do was to express the essence of each personality type represented by each court card...a sort of idealized depiction, to show the energy they carry.

Same with the Gilded Tarot, I love the colors, they are so vivid.

I think this all depends on how our minds and intuition works and gets "started"....some are more visual of others, some pay more attention to colors or shapes, some to the numbers sequence....I personally am very visual so for me the beauty of the deck is very important and so is the art work.

blessings
xoxoxox

SunChariot

gorgeousbutterfly said:
along with other cards. it seems druidcraft " kinda" looks like this but haven't seen it in person. i would LOVE deck where the cards look like and feel like real people. i have a deck, a goddess deck and some cards really look alive. i alway wished that there were tarot cards like this but haven't found it. i really wish the faces of courts and the people in tarot were alot bigger too so you can see their expressions better. eh. search goes on forever...

The Sacred Circle Tarot. And it's a beautiful deck too.

Babs